[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What fun can be had with this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160614-WA0013.jpg (123 KB, 964x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160614-WA0013.jpg
123 KB, 964x1600
It's an old "Pinnacle system PCI Tv Tuner"
>>
allows a desktop pc to receive signals from a TV.

You should get a huge TV screen, and then connect it to a wireless PC with a cable box as well as internet and video games and then you could have a media center.

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-tv-tuner-cards-1600439009

the one you have is a little old school... you should stick to using a USB. Sometimes they come with a remote.

Maybe you could take it apart or something?

Basically you could use it to record TV if you want to.
>>
>>1009021
Isn't there a way to pirate tv with this?
>>
>>1009029
Kek

Nope. You have to plug this TV card in to the TV coaxial cable that comes out of the ground. If your provider uses TV-over-IP(ethernet->settop box -> TV) or a normal decoder box between the coax and your normal TV, you're fucked.

And no, your PC can not decode it if it's scrambled.

All this card allows you to do is record programs like a DVR.
>>
>>1009029

Why are people so GODDAMN stupid. Or course not.

Its from 1953. Its old alien technology stolen from Des Moines crash or 1840.
>>
Dunno where you are but it's probably an old analog card and most civilised countries are on digital now. You would have to plug it into a digital set top box to get tv in.

You can plug a camcorder or other device with analog 1v output or shvs into the other connectors tho.
>>
i have something similar i use to watch analog security cameras on the computer. some ATI video cards are supposed to be able to read the analog video input from the TV card and display it directly without tying up the CPU but i have yet to find how to enable that function.
>>
>>1009016
is that the new Coleco Chameleon?
>>
>>1009191
>is that the new Coleco Chameleon?
No it's for the new Dreamcast 2
>>
>>1009029
You could probably use it to 'pirate' the free over the air broadcasts in your area.
>>
>>1009029
You can pirate TV by going on a thing called the internet and watching anything for free.
>>
>>1009065

Gotta go back to like windows xp to do that shit. The cards could read and wright directly to system ram w/o talking to the cpu is how it worked. It's very insecure so its disabled now.
>>
>>1009029
Kodi. Look it up
>>
>>1011836
>Kodi. Look it up
I have Plex
>>
>>1009035
>And no, your PC can not decode it if it's scrambled.
Actually you could do just that and descramble Canal+ and probably some other channels too. Worked like a charm even on a 486, just had to download fresh keys every now and then.
But this was like nearly 20 years ago when everything was broadcast analogue and that's on its way out in all civilised countries.

>>1009016
Depending on specs of the tuner perhaps you could make it listen to some interesting shit like ADS-B or FSTV. But you would need custom drivers and software for that. It's more /g/ than /diy/.
>>
>>1013352
>its more /g/ than /diy/.
It should be but the majority of /g/ are useless neckbeards. Just like /o/, most of them just spout memes it seems. Ive had much bettter luck coming to /diy/ with any problem includng auto. The only thing g is good wuth is programming.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.