[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skew chisel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
What am I doing wrong?

This tool keeps kicking my ass despite practice and watching tons of youtube tutorials. Thanks to all the catches I got I fear putting the tool to the wood.
>>
>>1008978
Note the height on the tool rest in the videos your watching for learning. It may be your issue.
>>
>>1008978
Nobody know what you are doing wrong, we just know you are doing it wrong
>>
>>1008979
I've experimented with the tool rest incessantly. I really think I'm too peabrained to learn how to use the skew chisel without hands-on training.

All the other lathe tools I handle just fine though.
>>
>>1008978
The skew chisel is a cunt. Fucking kicks at me every time, which makes me put it down rather than persevere.

Fucking thing.
>>
>>1008978
might be a stupid question, but you've actually taken the time to sharpen it properly? you didn;t just pull it out of the package and start running, did you?

skews suck, i'm not saying they don't but getting it sharp as piss really helps.
>>
Make sure it's as sharp as possible, and keep the tool rest as close to the workpiece as possible without it touching.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.