[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody have any ideas (hopefully cheap) on how I can make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: cOnjdM8.jpg (665 KB, 1039x1486) Image search: [Google]
cOnjdM8.jpg
665 KB, 1039x1486
Does anybody have any ideas (hopefully cheap) on how I can make a stand to hold this light? I went to home depot and they had a similar one of plastic and the guy was saying to remove the bottom and drill a hole connecting the light to a PVC pipe as the stand. But the light I have is heavier (almost glass like) and the bottom isn't removable. I just need something to hold the light in the air like in the picture shown but I can't tell how they're doing it. Thanks in advance
>>
File: _20160615_012451.jpg (897 KB, 2340x2926) Image search: [Google]
_20160615_012451.jpg
897 KB, 2340x2926
Here's the light I have
>>
Really strong glue and some good guage wire. Your not going to be touching it often so this will do fine plus you can bend the wire to hide it as much as possible.
>>
>>1008976
And do what exactly? glue it around the black base, and hang from ceiling?
>>
>>1008977
You can do that, if that is what you want

Or just stand the wire on the ground or glue it to something else
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (260 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
260 KB, 1280x1024
>>1008977
This is is probably the method that would hide it the best, I mean it's pretty straight forward stuff.
>>
>>1008999
Doesn't seem straight forward to me. So what is holding the light up? A piece of wire isn't going to make it levitate.
>>
>>1009239
...the wire is glued to the light...what is wrong with you? If the light is heavier than glue can hold up then loop the wire around the base once for extra strength. you can clearly see the same sort of thing being done in the OP picture. and if the light is too heavy for a thick gauge wire to hold up then you are using the wrong type of light.
>>
>>1008999
You could also put something behind the base of figure to make it look centered below. Good idea there
>>
File: IMG_20160616_153727.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_153727.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
>>1008959
I used copper pipe for mine with JB weld, then painted over it. Used hot glue for the wire and figure.
>>
>>1009693
Not bad, looks quite nice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.