[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hanging Lights in loft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 9
File: IMG_2151.jpg (53 KB, 639x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2151.jpg
53 KB, 639x640
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I recently bought a loft with high ceilings and a sloping roof. There is a sprinkler system attached to the roof with a central spine at the highest elevation and three 'legs' that extend both sides of the slope. Along each 'leg' there are three power outlets controlled by a switch panel. By neighbors hang lights and I was looking to do the same.

I was able to hang pendants at the lowest elevation (14.5') but cannot hang anything higher due to height. I was looking to hang string lights along the central spine and each leg but the pipe is 25' at highest elevation.

Any ideas of how I can reach the highest elevation? One of my neighbors rented a scissor lift but that is out of the question due to the tight bend in my external hallway (I tried...).

Help appreciated.
>>
File: invention.png (14 KB, 768x614) Image search: [Google]
invention.png
14 KB, 768x614
I've been working on a solution to this very problem. Details are hush hush at this point but until I have it patented I can only release a sketch. I can also tell you the key to it's functionality is pallet wood and a strong shipping container base
>>
>>1008606
Rent a smaller lift, extension ladder?

Hell maybe even one of those telescoping light bulb changers?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>1008622
Oops
>>
>>1008623
..and how is OP sposed to get a 700lb / 350kg Genie round his tight bend, eh, Genius?
whats needed this job is pic related. Or lots of beer crates.
>>
>>1008653
>Or lots of beer crates
Or maybe something a bit sturdier. Pic related can be rented. One person pitch/strike.
>>
File: s-l1000 (1).jpg (130 KB, 661x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000 (1).jpg
130 KB, 661x1000
A boss aluminium tower would be safest. You can hire those quite readily but if you want to save money and you're a bit of a daredevil, a set of zarges a frame extension ladders would do it.
>>
>>1008692
For reference a boss cam lock AGR tower.
>>
File: YGBoSSClimaAGR-2126(4)-500x500.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
YGBoSSClimaAGR-2126(4)-500x500.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
>>1008693
Haha. Forgot the photo.
>>
ladder and a long pole with a hook on the end

use S hooks to hang them
>>
File: FV00U508ZPEP27TMES.MEDIUM.jpg (65 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
FV00U508ZPEP27TMES.MEDIUM.jpg
65 KB, 620x465
LED + battery + magnet = work done
>>
File: cable_mounted_lighting_led.jpg (51 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
cable_mounted_lighting_led.jpg
51 KB, 452x452
>>1008903
Search pic related. Although, could be too pricey.
>>
>>1008606
>Long time lurker, first time poster.
>
>I recently bought a loft with high ceilings and a sloping roof. There is a sprinkler system attached to the roof with a central spine at the highest elevation and three 'legs' that extend both sides of the slope. Along each 'leg' there are three power outlets controlled by a switch panel. By neighbors hang lights and I was looking to do the same.
>
>I was able to hang pendants at the lowest elevation (14.5') but cannot hang anything higher due to height. I was looking to hang string lights along the central spine and each leg but the pipe is 25' at highest elevation.
>
>Any ideas of how I can reach the highest elevation? One of my neighbors rented a scissor lift but that is out of the question due to the tight bend in my external hallway (I tried...).
>
>Help appreciated.

Are you mentally handi-capped? Are you suffering from a physical or mental illness at the moment that makes you inept at basic life skills? How about a fucking ladder? Because type 3 extension ladders don't exist.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.