[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hole in the wall, where the men can see it all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 20160606_004904.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160606_004904.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hi there,

I got this fucking hole in my wall that i have to fix for my landlord.
I don't know the materials or what's that kind of walls are called so i can't search on the internet. If any of you guys know, i'll be glad to learn.

Sorry if this is not the right board
>>
Learn to google drywall repair.

And you're not going to match that texture (wallpaper?) anyhow. Is this now our weekly /diy/ I fucked up my landlord's property thread or is it just graduation time and every frat idiot is moving out? Geez
>>
I said i didn't know how this was called, but thanks for your response.
>>
Next time, try trigger discipline
>>
>>1008553
pick up a tub of this shit, its plaster mixed with acetone so it stays wet and pliable until exposed to air. with a hole that big you're not going to fill it completely, go get some ply wood and jigsaw it to a ruff size that fits inside the hole and doesn't leave too many gaps, screw it into that beam near by and ideally you'll now only need to fill in a 1mm thick area, if you've never done it before don't worry if it comes up shitty. first attempt it'll probably shrink and crack, just repatch those cracks, wait for it to dry, then repeat.

good fucking luck finding that wallpaper tho, i'd just paint it and hope they don't notice.
>>
>>1008553
OP: Is that a fiberglass panel on top of drywall? That texture along with those fibers doesn't look right to me.

And Anon: These threads seem to pop up in mass around twice a year. I'm going to go ahead and think it's school cycle. At least he didn't blame a roommate, they always seem to be the roommate but the OP has to fix it.
>>
>>1008553
I'd replace the whole ceiling you wont be able to get the same wallpaper. if you replace the ceiling and re paper it or paint it it won't look shit and your landlord might not kick you out.
>>
File: 20160606_004930.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160606_004930.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1008599

Actually, that was a roomate. Not school cycle btw we're just moving out.

And where do you see that fiberglass thing ?
>>
File: 20160606_004917.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160606_004917.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>1008604

Landlord know that there is a hole and saw it. He asked 400€ for it (without me fixing it), does it seems to be the right price ?
>>
>>1008625
absolutely not

drywall, spackle, and paint/wallpaper wouldn't come close to anywhere near that
>>
>>1008620
>And where do you see that fiberglass thing ?
Do you see that woven pattern? Do you see those threads hanging off the edges? Is this a bathroom by chance. I've seen some cheap ass apartments that went with fiberglass panels instead of tiles in wet rooms.
>>
>>1008625
To hire a professional to fix it the right way and make it look like before, absolutely. Did the landlord give you the option of going ahead and fixing it yourself? If not, why are you posting?
>>
sounds like he would hire someone to do it for that kind of money.
Yeah that's just drywall and some sort of fiber-y looking wallpaper. Nothing else. Ask if he still has a roll of that same wallpaper laying around. If he does then yeah I would fix it myself and just try and match the wallpaper as best I could.
>>
>>1008625
What you have to understand is most trades men don't want to go to a property or job to do something small like that because they potentially lose half a day in time and more so travelling to and from another job and setting up a work space again.

I'm not sure about where you live and what the going rate is for labour but a rule of thumb in the UK is one tradesman is going to want at least an 8hour day paid for at minimum wage or they often price the job and add a call out fee.

I don't work in drywall but I work in mechanical services, if I get called to a job 100 miles away , it's a 5 minute repair job and I come home, I can't go back to work. So I expect a full day paid for.

TLDR yes probably right.
>>
>>1008625
How big is the ceiling? if its in a bed room or basically somewhere that doesn't flow into another room without there being a doorway I'd takedown the ceiling put up new plasterboard then tape and joint the boards then give it a coat of paint.
>>
>>1008553
use this poster to cover the hole will totaly work
>>
>>1008625
>saw it.
then, you fucked.
>He asked 400€ for it
and you immediately said, 'well, my cousin Hells Angel Hector fixes the odd wall, when hes not in jail for assault with a deadly, etc. - maybe, see if hes got time next week, or hell, calll it 250, we good?..'

you are now in negotiational cul-de-sac - if you fix it, hell say its shit, probably not unjustifiably, and charge you anyway - and the time for arguing the cost (when he first saw it) is long past. Pay up, move on..
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.