[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ I'm going to build a kinky 4 post bed, strong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: il_570xN.840360683_1rne.jpg (39 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.840360683_1rne.jpg
39 KB, 570x428
Hey /diy/
I'm going to build a kinky 4 post bed, strong enough to suspend gf from canopy.

I'm going to use 100x100 for the posts and 250x50 for the base side skirting, but I'm wondering about the base joints.
I want the bed to be as solid as possible, so I'm thinking of using either a mortise and tenon or a three piece lap joint (I want the posts to be one piece the whole way.

For the Canopy I'm sorted, going to use three piece lap joints for the corners, and lap joints for the slats.

Anyone have any ideas or experince making something like this??

Thanks!
>>
You sound like you're almost set.

While I haven't built a bed frame such as this, do pay attention to the orientation of joints as the load bearing points may be more susceptible to shear instead of compressing the main posts.

Another consideration is transport and disassembly, should you renovate or whatever, you might need to move the bed. Needing ten men to lift and place the canopy might just make life a little harder, especially if it's close to the ceiling. Consider locking mechanisms for the joints as well, say large dowels for, say, bridle joints. May or may not work, I'm just throwing ideas.

Consider your anchor points as well for such bondage, you might just need to attach those U clamps for anchor points. One other consideration is how sturdy the frame is when subjected to a hanging load being swung slightly. Over time and use, your joints may be rendered weak from repeated swinging, and I'd pay closer attention to your canopy attachment as your canopy may fall down on you. Even worse is if you get trapped, the canopy gets stuck between the posts and you can't reach the phone.

Should you feel like it, include anchor points on the bases and on set heights on the post as well. Consider the underside of the bed as well, as you may need that for storage. Another consideration is the height from the top of the mattress to the canopy, since you don't want to make it too low or else you'll bump your head and whatnot.

Sounds like a fun project, OP. Like with all things, best to do some research on these, and wait for other responses.
>>
File: 1457163406938.jpg (216 KB, 764x495) Image search: [Google]
1457163406938.jpg
216 KB, 764x495
Make a cage under the bed and lock her in when she's bad.

You degenerate fuck.
>>
>>1008436
OP sounds like he's got things sorted. Onto

Step 2: obtain gf

Fortunately for your setup, willingness is optional.
>>
>>1008913
I like you.
>>
>>1008601
There are beds like that. I'm planning on making a stockade bed.
>>
Cool project, post pics?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.