[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /diy/. How to build a circuit for 9 [email protected] watts with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: ArduinoLeonardoFront_2_450px.jpg (154 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
ArduinoLeonardoFront_2_450px.jpg
154 KB, 450x296
Hello /diy/. How to build a circuit for 9 [email protected] watts with Arduino Leonardo? How it will works is that everytime a button is clicked, it would light up.

I'm currently building a Pop'n Music controller and I'm already done with the wiring. All is left to make it pretty is to lit it up.
>>
Not sure what you're trying to do but all you need is a push button and a transistor
>>
>>1008261
You mean build an LED circuit, or what OP?
>>
File: metalbutton16mmblue_LRG.jpg (26 KB, 600x461) Image search: [Google]
metalbutton16mmblue_LRG.jpg
26 KB, 600x461
Use LEDs push buttons
>>
>>1008261
>Hello /diy/. How to build a circuit for 9 [email protected] watts with Arduino Leonardo? How it will works is that everytime a button is clicked, it would light up.
>I'm currently building a Pop'n Music controller and I'm already done with the wiring. All is left to make it pretty is to lit it up.
Okay, Imma assume that (from the picture in the other thread) this thing has 9 buttons, and each button has a 12v lamp in it, and you want them to light up when pressed now?

You would need-
1. a 12v DC power source, or close to 12v DC but not more than that
2. some medium-power transistors (nine transistors, one for each light). One power transistor that would work is a TIP122.
3. if you don't have 9 free I/O pins on the arduino left, then you can use a shift register to control the lights. The 74hc595 is a common shift register that can do this, using only 3 pins. There is lots of pages of how to use them (one on the arduino.cc site)
4. you may need a resistor on the emitter of each of the power transistors, but they don't cost much

...It would help to link to whatever kit or plans you used for this thing....
>>
File: 20140819_173135.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20140819_173135.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>1008418
>recommending discrete darlingtons transistors, not glorious darlington arrays like uln2003/2803
with these arrays you need no passives and they are cheap as chips.
i do agree with using shift registers though.

the 74595 and uld2803 has been useful to me so may times.
for example i use two of each to much this VFD.
>>
>>1008455
that had many spelling errors.
I need more coffee.
uln2803*

MUX this VFD, not much.. derp
>>
>>1008455
I dunno if he is using LEDs or not? that's why I asked more about wtf he had built....
a TIP122 is plenty big enough to drive a small incan bulb, but it is way more than needed to drive a LED
And if it's leds then there's integrated chips like the max7219's and whateva,,,, ?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.