[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RJ-11 Telemetry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: gc-atc-863_1.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
gc-atc-863_1.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
rather than running a conduit under a road to connect a simple rj11 cord, I am hoping to wirelessly do it, but I cant quite find something that would work exactly

I was thinking of using a hobby drone telemetry transmitter and just going pin for pin or using an rs232 transmitter and going pin for pin though for both of these I'm not too sure whether it would even work

it seems like such a simple concept, yet I am having a real pain finding something designed specifically for it that isnt an "through the power outlet" style extender

pic related, an rs232 transmitter that would work perfectly if only it was built for rj11
>>
>>1008151
rj11 is a connector, not a protocol
rs232 is a protocol, not a connector
>>
>>1008153
as you can tell, I'm pretty lost when it comes to this, my intention is solely to transmit telephone line wirelessly, less than 50 feet

my knowledge is in plc's not this

rj11 is simply because I have no idea what to call the standard telephone protocol
>>
Its called a cordless phone dummy.
IN REALITY WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO DO COST. ORE THAN BUYING YOUR OWN GODDAMN POTS LINE. YOU NEED A TX AN RX AND ETCETC
>>
>>1008171
It's $3800 for them to run it under the road
>>
>>1008171
Also it's not a cordless phone, it's for a call box
>>
OP isn't even trying.

faxswitch.com/zipline_wireless_phone_data_line.html
>>
>>1008194

>D I BUY
>I
>B
>U
>Y
>>
just lay it over the road and put more road on top
>>
>>1008201
Lol
>>
>>1008175
Do you have power at the call box? Because what ever adapter you use will need it, you may have to look at a wireless VOIP unit with a POTS port on both ends
>>
>>1008194
Holy shit, thank you

Curious though, I was stretching around for about 3 hours before I made this thread, what search keywords did you use? Or did you already know about these?
>>
>>1008224
Yes, power is there
>>
>>1008199
I'm not familiar with this may may

Could you elaborate? Should I avoid this poster?
>>
>>1008151
Cant you put two poles on each side of the road and just go over it? make sure its taller than the tallest truck(semi).
Also why don't you just have the equipment on the same side of the road?
>>
>>1008151
Just do it over cellular, that what we do with alarm systems when there isn't a pots line, just look for a fixed GSM terminal. https://www.amazon.ca/Telular-Phonecell-Fixed-Cellular-Terminal/dp/B003JTENVG
>>
>>1008225
"wireless rj11 extender"
>>
>>1008239
huh, I used the exact same keywords

what search engine did you use?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.