[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shaving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: shaver.jpg (58 KB, 667x413) Image search: [Google]
shaver.jpg
58 KB, 667x413
I've always just trimmed my beard with a (shitty) hair trimmer, but would like some recommendations on upgrading. I now shave to a mustache and soul patch and want something(s) better suited.
>>
Flaming lawnmower.
>>
I use the cheapest beard trimmer from Walmart for monthly trims but have it trimmed by my barber for special occasions.

If you want a Really good trimmer you're going to be paying alot starting with a fine toothed set of metal guards for a beard trimmer. You'll need to oil it after every use and send it to a sharpener ever few years.

My walmart one is some Remington with 8 interchangeable heads. I only use the beard trimmer heads (height adjustable head and some clip on heads all wide toothed plastic.). It's wireless, doesn't lose its charge for months, I never oil it and clean it 1 time a year. I've bought 2 so far, only bought the second one because I thought I lost the first in a move. The first one is 2 years old. I don't know which one is on my counter right now. For my mustache I use scissors I got from somewhere when I'm growing it to a styled length. Otherwise I trim it to the same length as my beard.

If your looking to keep the facial hair looking the best at all times then a once every 2 week trip to the local barber is your best bet (you're probably going to get your hair trimmed anyway if you do care all that much.) The low quality trimmers will miss hairs unless you're thorough and the the high quality metal guards miss less but are very costly.
>>
>>1007932
Well, for your actual face, you can't go wrong with a classic safety razor. The blades are super cheap, and it provides a much closer shave than the multi-bladed disposable ones. It's certainly easier to cut yourself when you haven't gotten used to it yet though.
I suggest buying shaving soap instead of cream. You can use a shaving brush to lather up the soap apply it to your face with a relatively thin coat (after soaking your face for a few mins with a hot, damp towel).
Shave with the grain first. Reapply the soap. Shave against the grain. Be sure to give the soap at least 30 seconds to start working on the hairs themselves. You are structurally weakening them with the hot water and the soap, so they cut easier.
Lastly, don't forget to use a balm or recovery lotion instead of aftershave. Aftershave is designed to kill bacteria that might get in your skin, that's why it's got high alcohol content usually. Careful shaving and keeping your face clean eliminates the need for that.
I grow and shave my beard about 5 times a year. Once you spend a month shaving every 3 or 4 days (depending on your growth) you'll have it all down pat.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.