[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is what I want to make. Has anyone tried it? I can get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 156.jpg (28 KB, 450x310) Image search: [Google]
156.jpg
28 KB, 450x310
This is what I want to make. Has anyone tried it?

I can get some Rust-Oleum Glow in the Dark Paint, but is that all I need, or is there more to it?
>>
>>1007691
UV paint splatter?
>>
>>1007692
Sorry?

I'm a bit newbie at all this, just trying to make a nice gift for my gf.
>>
>>1007691

Does anyone know how these jar were made to glow like this? They look breedy gud.
>>
>>1007703
>Rust-Oleum Glow in the Dark Paint
I just wanted to check if there was anything else needed or not.
>>
>>1007705

Interesting. That gives it the flecks and everything as well? If so I'm going to pick some of this up.
>>
>>1007727
It makes it glow. You paint on small dots/flecks round.

I'm guessing though, to look that good, you need it to have different colours. But in my local stores it's all the same colour I think.
>>
>>1007734

Thanks m80. Any idea on what they're using for the flecks? Sorry I have so many questions, just never seen anything like this before.
>>
>>1007691
that's cool as fuck. any idea where i can buy them?
>>
OP, what you are seeing is a doctored photo to make it look like the jar with paint flecks is giving off a substantial amount of light.

Really what is happening is they have a light source at the bottom shining up into the glass and illuminating the jar.

Combine this with a long exposure time and Photoshop and you get something that looks straight out of sci-fi.
>>
>>1007802
>buy
You make them. Definitely a neat little project, though. I might make myself a pretty cool lamp using this.
>>
>>1007804
not anywhere near creative enough to make shit like that
>>
>>1007805
Nigger, all you do is flick glow paint speckles in and outside of a jar.
>>
>>1007803
This, sadly they're nowhere near this cool irl, if someone could make them however they'd probably sell for a good dollar
>>
>>1007691
It's a jar with glow in the dark paint, why the fuck are you asking about this? Go to hobby lobby and buy paint and jars you faggot. No more hand holding from us.
>>
To get the dots you flick a paintbrush with a bit of paint on it at the jar. To get the glow, you put batteries and uv leds in the lid or in a platform bellow it. The jar itself will refractive the light so a colored Mason jar will help with the effect but the flecks will appear brighter if it's on a clear jar since a colored jar will refractive more light.
>>
>>1007793
Holographic flake?
>>
holy fuck this fucking thread
google image the fucking image

there were like 10 guides all using the same photo

http://www.home-dzine.co.za/crafts/craft-glow.htm
>>
>Paint jar with glow in the dark paint
>Insert source of ionizing alpha particles
>Enjoy your glow in the dark jar with a 500 year half-life.
>>
There is a light source concealed by the pillow at the bottom
>>
File: 159.jpg (10 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
159.jpg
10 KB, 450x300
>>
>>1007863
It doesn't really work though, the photo is shopped.
>>
Made something like this once with a blacklight as the light source. Used a sponge to apply glow in the dark paint, then sprinkled the wet paint with glow in the dark glitter. It came out was really pretty.
>>
I's apply the paint with a fine brush dot by dot then install a UV-LED under the lid. Make sure to have a diffuser on the LED and power it with some watch batteries.
I used a similar setup to make the eyes glow on a mask I made for Halloween.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.