[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headset ripped cord
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (859 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
859 KB, 3264x2448
Any idea how to fix this so I don't damage my headset
>>
File: DIY_BINGO.jpg (154 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
DIY_BINGO.jpg
154 KB, 600x600
>>
Hot glue
>>
>>1007531
It's already damaged.
>>
>>1007531
get reincarnated as someone who actually tries to fix things.
>>
Buy a new headset. You won't have damaged your current ones any further and you will have fixed the issue.
>>
>>1007531
Marine grade heat shrink. It's like normal heat shrink, but with super strong heat-activated glue on the inner surface. You only need an inch or so
>>
It's cooked. Take apart the headphone, solder the wire off, pull unbroken wire in, solder it back on.

You also might do better if you modded a mini XLR cable onto it instead, but your headphones aren't fancy enough to justify that.
>>
Put it the oven on a cookie sheet at 200° for 20 minutes to reflow the solder
>>
>>1007783
This.
>>
>have the same issue
>google it
>learn to solder and fix it myself instead of making shitty threads on /diy/

I'm gonna make it lads
>>
>>1007531
why can't you ask your dad to fix it?
>>
>>1007531
is that the px51s?
>>
>>1007713
This is the right answer.
>>
Soldering gun
>>
>>1007531
Do not buy headphones that do not let you detach the audio cable from them.
>>
>>1007531
/g/ here, don't buy headsets. They take two shitty things, glue them together, and sell them at a premium. You got what was coming for you.
>>
File: any of these would do the job.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
any of these would do the job.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>1007531
Crack them open and do yourself a favor installing a 3.5 jack female connector.

> don't damage my headset
Of for fucks sake. What have you to lose?
Don't be a consuming tool OP, they are worth nothing,
especially as they stand now.

mfg. AKG K451 with 3.5 jack retrofit
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.