[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How it's going one guys? I need a little help here, can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160611_161204751.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_161204751.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
How it's going one guys? I need a little help here, can you please tell me if I can ran this 3 phase motor as a single fase one? Thanks.
>>
The short answer is no.

The engineering department at your local university could do it, but it's not worth the effort to look into.
>>
>>1007406
Thanks for the input. I saw a few youtube videos of people doing it but they had a different setup than this one. Care to explain why would I need a team of engineers to do it?

I got this motor for free and I'm willing to put the time it takes to make it work though.
>>
>>1007403
Sure you can.
The cheap and nasty way is to use a capacitor between two phases to simulate phase shift.
The proper way is to purchase a VFD
>>
>>1007409
You need a phase converter. Making one is not easy. Buying one is not cheap.
>>
>>1007403
considering you've posted zero info about anything i cant help much but you could get a VFD
>>
>>1007403
Show the nameplate. Some 3 phase motors are convertible.
>>
>>1007417
>Making one is not easy. Buying one is not cheap.
Something tells me that these two factors are related
>>
File: 3phaseulatrix.jpg (3 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
3phaseulatrix.jpg
3 MB, 3008x2000
ew portugase motor

but yes! you can! even you the guy who hasnt looked up shit on his own.

several ways to do it
one, is with a starting capicator, thats if you only need to run a 3 phase motor

another way it to use a normal motor, to start the 3 phase motor, then once the motor is already spinning it can run off of 2 phases as well

a vfd is definatly the nice way

this is the way im currently doing it now
this powers up my 5hp 3 phase motor, it then generates 3 phases for me and smooths them out into useable 3 phase electricidad. to just run a motor you do not need this level

running a 3phase motor or generating a third phase is not nearly ad difficult as you guys make it out to be,
>>
>>1007416
Bouch for dis right here.
>>
>>1007590
screw ya, rabor is pretty decent
>i always try to get siemens alternatives instead thou
>>
>>1007419
>3 phase motor
>380 v
>0.25 HP
>0.18 kw
>0.70 A

If it works I would try to use it in a belt grinder.

>>1007416
>>1007590
I like the capacitor way, any idea what type of capacitor should I look for?
>>
>>1007406

The fuck it isn't. I'm a fucking idiot and I managed it.

It will run like shite, but it will work.

You have to change the way the coils are hooked up. If I remember right, you want to wire them to Delta then you need some BIG FUCKING CAPCITORS as thats going to give you your 3rd phase.

You might also need a start cap to get the whole shit show running.

Then motor will run, it will get hot, but it will run pretty strong.
>>
>>1007676
i dont know what size caps i have in the panel, but they are big as fuck

do you have 380v running in your area? im p sure you need to match voltage

i just got 2 more 3 phase motors this weekend from work and they are wired in delta anyways, aswell as my 3phase thing is also delta

here, watch this video this guy is a g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PMTYU2NDv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6eKDsDpup8

or this one with math
>>
Boy, this sure is fucking retarded. OP wants to use a 400V 3Ph motor as a belt sander running on 240 single phase.

Are you not aware that single phase 240 and 120 motors are cheaper, will run better, and are more available for free? I literally threw away 20 last week. Meat saws, dishwashers, oil pumps, I could go on and on. OP, just wait for the correct motor and save yourself a ton of money and time.
>>
File: 41RXfJdxI9L.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
41RXfJdxI9L.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
>>1007676
pic related or something above that
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.