[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of valve would be good for controlling the flow from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: lil'tank.jpg (46 KB, 940x545) Image search: [Google]
lil'tank.jpg
46 KB, 940x545
What kind of valve would be good for controlling the flow from an oxygen tank using the output from arduino. Until this year I knew jack shit about electronics. Hence dunno if I should ask here in /diy/

Some friends told me to use a solenoid valve but as far as I've read, those only get you to fully open or fully close a valve, while I want it to control the oxygen flow, say 0-5 lpm and inbetween.
>>
>>1006776
Before, after, or being used as the regulator?
>>
>>1006776
some sort of 'proportional valve' - usually made by parker

you could feed it pwm + filter amplifier to satisfy the range needed, and some sort of flow sensor
>>
>>1006782
Used as the regulator, however I'm open to suggestions. What I'm trying to do is to make a valve that regulates the flow according to data from a pulse oximeter. Say, increases flow if <90% and lowers it if >95%
>>
>>1006776
>Used as the regulator
Bad, bad idea. Imagine the failure modes of an O2 mask when high pressure goes straight in.

It's much easier to put in a standard regulator and then have a small stepper turn a butterfly valve.
>>
>>1007179
This. Only use "oxygen safe" components since you are handing breathing oxygen.

Use a commercial oxygen regulator to drop the pressure then use a low-pressure valve of choice.

Also consider what default flow mode you want if oximeter fails or is disconnected. If this is for a medical device default should supply oxygen at set pressure from your manual regulator on the cylinder.

Your electric valve should be normally open, electrically closed.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.