[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to black-out the edges on my S7 edge! Any ideas, tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: galaxy-s7-edge-review-canada-7.jpg (76 KB, 1200x699) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s7-edge-review-canada-7.jpg
76 KB, 1200x699
I want to black-out the edges on my S7 edge! Any ideas, tips & tricks?
>>
>>1006495
Who's the dickhead? Why didn't you buy a phone you wanted?
>>
>>1006505
Wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>1006507
Why do you want to remove a feature of something that was paramount to the design of a device?

Do you not see what I'm saying. That was the selling point of that phone, and you don't want it. So why buy it?

There's no neat way of doing it. Marker pen? Paint marker? Electrical tape?
>>
>>1006508
Jesus Christ!! He's talking about the aluminum frame??!

Anyway OP, should be a little tricky. Hope someone, can help you.
>>
Impossible.
Glass is glued on.

You want to hard anodize the aluminum frame, but you're not doing that with the glass and electronics mounted to it.
>>
>>1006527
>Impossible
Nothing is impossible.

>>1006495
Maybe try thinning some black fingernail polish with acetone so you can paint several light layers and avoid the whole "looks like nail polish" thing? Or perhaps sharpie followed by my first idea but with clear polish instead of black? I dunno, man, I'd probs just leave it silvery. But you do what you wanna, it's your phone.
>>
Apply thick layer of permanent marker and cure in microwave
>>
>>1006527
yeah its impossible to replace a glued on glass/display, and there arent thousands of replacement parts for different phone available that are also glued on

i bet there are already a ifixit or some else instructions available for disassemble

glue can be solved with a flat plastic thingy and heat from a hairdryer
>>
>>1007053
>cure in microwave
kek
>>
>>
File: 1435622201054-v~01.jpg (29 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1435622201054-v~01.jpg
29 KB, 400x299
>>1007045
You're impossible
>>
>>1006495
Maybe with Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black, but it probably won't be pretty, won't last and might affect your screen.
>>
>>1006527
Yeah, anodizing the metal, and i guess RIT dying the grey plastic would be the best way... It would be an INSANELY hard job to do, since you'll need to fully disassemble the phone, and separating the glass from the frame would almost definitely required special equipment and a clean room.

I guess you could take it to a phone repare place, pay them to disassemble it, then work on the metal and plastic portions of the frame yourself... We're still talking over $100, and a lot a labor.
>>
>>1006523
>>Jesus Christ he's talking about...

OK, so when there's a phone called 'edge' because the key feature is the 'edge' is made of glass, and I jump to the conclusion he meant the 'glass edge', why didn't he just say I want to annodise the metal parts of my phone?

Which he can't and won't do either.
>>
>>1009449
because he assumes you're not a complete fool? Obviously he's talking about the silver frame, as seen in the pic.

Dont try to make him look unreasonable... the question he asked is doing a good enough job of that. You're still a dumbass for not using the very blatant clues in the question and picture to figure out he was clearly talking about the big silver stripe in the center of the picture.
>>
>>1009439
>almost definitely require special equipment and a clean room

Like a hair drier and your living room that you may or may not have just vacuumed? Check out a YouTube video or two on replacing the glass in a cell phone, you'll be amazed how easy it really is.

Pro-tip: they're held together with tape, anons. Tape!
>>
>>1009652
The hard part is putting it back on, friend.
>>
>>1009681
That's why you have to buy new tape.
>>
>>1007053
Damn beat me to it
>>
Black sharpie?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.