[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i made one of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
how do i made one of these
>>
>>1006366
How, why and does it work like you intended?
>>
Buy a diaper that uses gel, soak in water, extract gel, place in ziploc freezer bag, freeze, done. An it wont leak.
>>
>>1006366
Its just silica gel in a bag really
>>
>>1006417

Do this,but if you soak the diaper gel on rubbing alcohol so it doesn't freeze and you don't end with a hard block of gel.
>>
>>1006417
>>1006420
Or you could just buy a pack of gel for like $5 and make a whole bunch of cool-packs.
>>
>>1006531
Making your own cold packs is not cost effective unless you need them to be a particular size/shape which isn't readily available.
>>
Why not use ice? The phase-change part is what soaks up all the thermal energy.
>>
>>1006675
Icepacks do use ice, they just have additives which make the ice form into smaller crystals rather than one solid block of Ice. Since the smaller crystals have a greater surface area, they can melt faster, providing faster cooling, and freeze faster, since a solid block will take a long time to freeze all the way to the centre.
>>
>>1006675
Because ice expands as it freezes, and water leaks everywhere out the smallest hole.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.