[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
design a backyard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 20160609_181722-1.jpg (4 MB, 2614x1913) Image search: [Google]
20160609_181722-1.jpg
4 MB, 2614x1913
Alright /diy/nosaurs!
I just inherited some property and I'm looking to clean up and build something in the backyard because I'm bored, but I can't figure out what to make.
I was hoping you guys could give me suggestions.
I was thinking of a shaded area over what will one day be the garden, but that's all I've really got so far. (California central valley heat is brutal)
Any suggestions? Preferably to do with wood since that's what I'm at least adept at, but really I'm up for anything. I was also thinking about a Japanese smoker made of brick.
>>
File: 20160609_181709-1.jpg (4 MB, 2738x1826) Image search: [Google]
20160609_181709-1.jpg
4 MB, 2738x1826
>>
are firepits allowed in your area?

get rid of that garden fence and make a bitchin' firepit.
>>
>>1006321
Restoring and maintaining that grass will be a bitch. Would local codes allow you to dig it up and replace it with some kind of stone or sand? You could start a trend in both style and water conservation.
>>
>>1006321
Swimming pool :)

If you cant afford, maybe a deck?
>>
>>1006329
Eh well I have dogs. But I would like to be able to do something with it.
Maybe fake grass?
>>1006326
A firepit? Could you post a pic of what you're talking about that would deem removing the fence? Just so I have an idea
>>
>>1006332
Hmmm I've thought about that, but where would I put the deck?
>>
>>1006333
Have you considered a thyme lawn? They are really drout resistant and turn purple when they bloom.
>>
>>1006336
I'd put it more-or-less where the garden is. And surround it with raised garden beds.
>>
>>1006338
I've heard about those plants! I didn't know you could make a lawn out of it???
Shit that's a really cool idea anon!
Does it feel somewhat like actual grass?
>>
>>1006343
Idk how good they feel as a lawn material, i live in western oregon so theres a ton of rain and nobody uses it.
>>
>>1006321
Where in the Central Valley? I'm just north of Fresno and the heat is killer.
>>
>>1006349
.....south sacramento.
I know
>>
File: VIjSdmv.jpg (493 KB, 800x1121) Image search: [Google]
VIjSdmv.jpg
493 KB, 800x1121
>California
>Not growing cannabis and succulents.
>>
What are the restrictions and are there any easements on the back?
>>
>>1006321
Why bother everything is dead, you can't maintain a simple yard. Rent it to immigrants or park cars there and sell parts. Either way you have already failed.
>>
>>1007773
Learn to read. He just inherited it. Not like he's been neglecting it for a year.
>>
>>1006321
Why not bury a shipping container? It will be nice and cool underground and a could serve as a workshop, man cave or whatever.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.