[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am renting a house, and would love to be able to have a place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 20160527_132734.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160527_132734.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
I am renting a house, and would love to be able to have a place to sit, eat, grill etc, but there's no deck or patio area, see pic related is theback door. The landlord also won't let me build a patio for some stupid reason and wants it left with the stairs just ending in the lawn.

Is there something I can throw down on the ground to make a temporary patio like surface while I live here?
>>
>>1006137
Bricks, pavers, etc
>>
>>1006137
Nothing that won't kill the grass underneath it.

I suppose you could mount growlights underneath a platform if you were really crazy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>1006137
maybe pallets, depending on what you can find
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 450x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 450x306
>>1006137
If the lawn was kept mowed it could be a decent place to hangout and bbq. I take it no one mowes or takes care of the landscape. I'd start there.
>>
>>1006172
Yeah, if you move your furniture around every few days the grass will be fine. If you're worried about an unstable bbq you could lay down a piece of plywood for the day and pick it back up at night and you'll be fine too.

Event rental place have interlocking pieces for dance floors. You could try to recreate something like that for easy setup/break down and storage.
>>
>>1006186
Oh that's not a bad idea at all.
>>1006172
The lawn is crap, just weeds, plus I'm trying to dodge the fire hazards as much as possible
>>
>>1006192
>plus I'm trying to dodge the fire hazards
(Tall grass is a fire hazard.)
>>
you could build a Raised wooden platform that you can take down and move when and you need to?
>>
File: 1634_thumb.jpg (101 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
1634_thumb.jpg
101 KB, 334x250
Buy /make a deck-over trailer?
Then just park that bitch right at your back door.
>>
>>1006186
> Walnut-dancefloor-on-Grass

kek / do you have any idea whatsoever, how much that shit would cost_

t. former event rental guy
>>
>>1006137
Just find something in the house thats not to code and leverage your landlord with it. If he wants to be a dick just burn the place down and watch insurance not pay when they find the problem. a totally appropriate response to not allowing a patio
>>
>>1006137
Pallets man - chock 'em up on concrete-masonry-units or whatever - add boards in-between the top-boards to get a gap-free top-surface.
>>
Before we got around to replacing it, my house used to have a shitty old paver patio that was sinking, tons of weeds/turf in the cracks and covering several pavers.

In the interim I went to the local big box and just bought a 12 x 12 piece of that green outdoor carpet astroturf stuff and unrolled it over the middle.

It will kill the grass under it. But it's cheap and not permanent (can roll it up and move it whenever).
>>
Lay pallets end to end and call it a day. Be more selective before renting a shitty home.
>>
Pour gravel, flatten it and rake rows like a weeb Zen "garden"
>>
>>1006514
>Walnut-dancefloor-on-Grass
it's laminate tho

you really aren't going to find a cheap solution to this without building it in and your landlord won't allow that, so either get it out of your mind, or get cheap out of your mind

you might be able to build study floor like structures that interlock that are easily moveable but aren't cheap, or you can not do it, a bunch of pallets with a plywood top to be used as a floor would work, but wouldn't be easily moveable, since you are adding a lot more weight to them

i wish something existed that i could point you in that direction, but it doesn't without you welding up some kind of weird folding platform with a plywood top, like a portable stage, but that won't be cheap either
>>
File: plastic-floor-tile[1].png (234 KB, 345x345) Image search: [Google]
plastic-floor-tile[1].png
234 KB, 345x345
>>1007875
You could check out interlocking garage tiles. Cheap is relative if it's also reuseable/resellable.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.