[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wmg/ - washing machines general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
Got a Siemens A14-16 frontload washer, unfortunately the bearings broke. Now a new problem arises: how does one find the type of bearing for the machine? (I'm not at home so I can only look up the model number)
>>
File: siemensparts.jpg (46 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
siemensparts.jpg
46 KB, 800x600
>>1006032
also got this vague picture of the part numbers
>>
>>1006032
>bearings
Err.. rotational bearings? Or the struts that support the wash drum?

>>1006034
Was this on the part in question?
>>
>>1006041
The bearings that make the wash drum rotate.
The sticker was on the top of the barrel of the drum.
>>
>>1006032
>washing machine general
Why the fuck does every fucking thread have to be a general? Do you think people will be crawling out of the woodwork to get their questions about washing machines answered now that you started this thread?
>>
>>1006032
>how does one find the type of bearing for the machine?
easy, take it apart, remove the drum+axle and then remove the bearing from the outside plastic drum casing (there should be two bearing actually, one on the inside and one on the outside of the case)
each bearing should have a model number engraved on the side of it (and a brand name)
or you can search for bearing kits for that particular washing machine model on fleabay or something (if you change one bearing you should replace the other one and the o-ring seal too)
here is a kinda overpriced kit of amazonian
>http://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-SIEMENS-Washing-Machine-Bearing/dp/B009NH63CK
and a decently priced one from fleabay
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/fits-Siemens-Washing-Machine-Drum-Bearing-Kit-Models-Listed-/231195546231

lightly greasing the outside of the new bearings with some soap before putting it in the casing again helps
also, dont pound directly on then when putting the in, use a piece of straight wood between the bearing and the hammer
and check out the multitude of youtube videos that explain the how to basics on that

gl

>>1006067
>Why the fuck does every fucking thread have to be a general?
agreed, this is a pretty slow board, having generals wont "fix" that
>>
File: flwasher.jpg (53 KB, 586x800) Image search: [Google]
flwasher.jpg
53 KB, 586x800
hello,
I have a washer which somehow got destroyed on the front side of the barrel (the outer one).
On the picture you can see the crack surrounded by molten plastic. It goes all around the barrel.
I found this front load washer and would like to repair it for as little as possible. I've read people repairing cracks with a soldering iron. I have a cheap
soldering iron and some silicon filling. Good idea to use this?

The plastic is made of polypropylene with 10% glass fibre
>>
>>1006532
superglue and baking soda - refer to youtube
>>
>>1006539
But I would need many tubes of baking soda to fill up the ~200ml crack. Also, superglue doesn't stick to PP
>>
>>1006545
I mean superglue
>>
File: wtf79771.jpg (11 KB, 236x172) Image search: [Google]
wtf79771.jpg
11 KB, 236x172
>>1006532
Holy shit. How does that even happen? Is that a spread open crack or is there literally that much material missing? It looks like someone took to it with an angle grinder or something..?

Meanwhile, you could try and backfill it with some PP welding rods, but you'd need a focused heat source with a gap that big, you'd need to get both edges melty at the same time and that's a decent gap to cover. Maybe a butane torch or a heat gun with a restriction shroud or something. Soldering iron method is ghetto as fuck . Go google polypropylene welding and see if you can find something that matches your toolset.

Really though, what the fuck happened here?
>>
>>1006569
>Soldering iron method is ghetto as fuck
Well, that somehow survived editing, disregard, its not even an option on a gap that big.
>>
>>1006532
was that caused by the inner stainless steel drum grinding against that (broken spider or something)?

if that gash is all around (full 360ยบ) i would just get a new/used one from fleabay
any ghetto fix will crack again due to the vibration/water-movement during the washing cycle

>staple that all the way around
>get some extra pp and melt it to fill in the gaps
>melt some of the pp around the gash
>>
Currently have a Speed Queen AWN432SP113TW04 with matching dryer. Great system. Have been looking for a Neptune TL for awhile but no luck.
>>
Hiya, I have a washing machine that makes an incredibly loud noise when it is centrifuging. What can be wrong? The drum seems to be a bit eccentric, but its tight in its spot.
>>
>>1008023
could be a number of things
>drum concrete weight screws loose
>drum dampeners wear (rubber seal inside the dampener)
>drum axle bearings
>driving belt about to break
if the whole machine tries to jump around when starting to centrifuge its probably the weight that is loose
whats the sound like?
>>
>>1008039
fucking auto correct, replace every instance of dampeners with dampers
>>
>>1006032
>how does one find the type of bearing for the machine?
axial bearings are defined by internal and external diameter and width. the exact model doesn't matter
>>
>>1008152
BUT IT WONT BE OEM, DIDNT THINK OF THAT DIDJA FAG
>>
>>1008270
fuck off
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.