[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hat Stretching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: this-is-a-snapback.jpg (572 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
this-is-a-snapback.jpg
572 KB, 1600x1600
Hey /dyi/, anyone have suggestions on how to stretch out a snapback hat? Unfortunately its too small for me and I'm going travelling soon, so it would be nice to have a hat that fits, any help is appreciated!
>>
>>1005776
soak in boiling hot water for a minute.
stick it straight on your head and force it down until it fits snuggly then wear it until it is dry.
>>
>>1005778
Bit sceptical about that idea
>>
>>1005776
I guess adjusting the snap is out of the question?
>>
>>1005778

Then make an embarrassing trip to the ER
>>
Buy a hat that fits.

It's not that hard, you can try them out in the store before you buy it so you can make sure it fits...not sure why you didn't do that when you got the hat you have now.
>>
>>1005778
Lol
>>
>>1005778
>>>1005776 (OP)
>soak in boiling hot butter for a minute.
>stick it straight on your head and force it down until it fits snuggly then wear it until it is dry.
Edited to proper context
>>
>>1005776
This is not possible at all...
belive me, I worked long time in a cap factory
The only two ways to stretch them are:
>With pressure in a special iron, with the form of the cap (that can stretch out the fabric... or in the correct terms: break out it)
>adjusting the pattern of the cap... you need to remove the threads and sewing threads again in form of take more fabric to expand the pattern...
The last way is to much complicated to do it...
The easy way:
>Buy a new one
>>
>>1005776
>dyi
I do this all the time too. I don't know why.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.