[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do these things work? Are they DIYable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 51qCTKrLRFL._SX300_QL70_.jpg (12 KB, 300x209) Image search: [Google]
51qCTKrLRFL._SX300_QL70_.jpg
12 KB, 300x209
How do these things work? Are they DIYable?
>>
Make an air rifle. Put salt in it. Done.
>>
I took a shitty airsoft gun and used it like one of those. All you have to do is make a wad out of some paper towel or someshit and shove it down the barrel before the salt, and another one after if you don't want it to fall out. Or just make the wads and salt as one cartridge. Worked on wasps.
>>
>>1005632
I'd rather use a fly swatter and not have fucking salt all over my house.
>>
File: BTFO.webm (562 KB, 758x308) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.webm
562 KB, 758x308
>>1005652
So much this. Salt all over the place is a fucking disaster. Sand is less of an oxidation problem but it doesn't go away like salt can, so you have to clean it up
>>
>>1005660
>that video

I see, that gun is lacking one extremely important feature: a small fast video camera, coupled to a recorder and a monitor. When you pull the trigger, it records a half-second long video, which then loops on the monitor. The clips are stored to an on-board usb stick and you can later transfer them to your computer.

BRB patent donut steel innovashun.
>>
How do they keep salt from falling out in the original version? It says you can take multiple shots without refilling.
>>
>>1005676
There's a reservoir on top that you refill. I assume it's gravity fed and loads the right amount into the chamber when you cock it.
>>
all these faggots that have never caught a fly with your bare hands, you will never know the glory that speed can bring
>>
File: fly-chopsticks_large.jpg (30 KB, 495x325) Image search: [Google]
fly-chopsticks_large.jpg
30 KB, 495x325
>>1005815
>bare hands

casual
>>
>>1005824
bug gun = casual
fly swatter = entry level hipster garbage
bare hands = entry level master
chopsticks = master
chopsticks fly still alive = supreme master
>>
>>1005652
>I'd rather use a fly swatter and not have fucking salt all over my house.

Salt kills the slugs and snails...
>>
>>1005835
what kind of dumpster do you live in that you have either of those inside your house?
>>
>>1005845

A salty one
>>
File: 1410523295961.jpg (19 KB, 216x265) Image search: [Google]
1410523295961.jpg
19 KB, 216x265
>>1005847
i nearly shit my pants laughing at that
>>
>>1005832
electrified racket = TECHNO-WIZARD
>>
>>1005832
i usually just capture flies but dont kill them with my hands
>>
>>1005824
Daniel-san, you beginner luck!
>>
>>1005632
The best way to learn how something work is to take it apart.

If that isn't possible try and track down exploded diagram, patents and part list.
>>
I have one of these, mostly for entertainment. Pretty disappointing, you have to sneak right up close to the fly, like a couple of inches.
>>
>>1005832
Chopsticks fly stiil alive minus gonads = ultimate master
>>
>>1005968
>electrified racket = Entry level techno-wizard
>Laser fly zapper = MASTER TECHNO-WIZARD
ftfy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito_laser
>>
>>1005994
I'm too stingy to buy one unless they're REALLY useful or fun.
>>
>>1006127
They're hella fun.

And to everyone bitching about salt everywhere just use it outside. Great fun while camping!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.