[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /diy/, /v/ here. I want to make a nice drone to fuck around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: MQ-9_Reaper_CBP.jpg (45 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
MQ-9_Reaper_CBP.jpg
45 KB, 750x600
Sup /diy/, /v/ here.

I want to make a nice drone to fuck around with. I am thinking something like a MQ-1 Predator or maybe even MQ-9 Reaper.

Where do I start?
>>
>>1005562
>something like a MQ-1 Predator or maybe even MQ-9 Reaper
kek
>>
>>1005562
I've been wanting to try this, anyone know if I can power it with an arduino?
>>
>>1005562
>Sup /diy/, /v/ here.

>I want to make a nice drone to fuck around with. I am thinking something like a MQ-1 Predator or maybe even MQ-9 Reaper.

>Where do I start?

If you were experienced with RC aircraft building you might be able to make a scale model, but I suspect you're just trolling.
>>
Very interesting. I've been experimenting with carbon fiber pallets for my own UAV.
>>
>>1005562
Paramilitary pls
>>
>>1005589
>carbon fiber pallets
kek
Are you operating from an underground shipping container bunker?
>>
>>1005562
Hit up your local makerspace and ask for some scrap shipping containers. You're gonna wanna pound out the wings and chassis, then reinforce with 3D printed pallet pylons to form a honeycum matrix. This is a good place to keep the rasp pi controller for the thing.
>>
ISIS pls go
>>
>>1005562
Do you have any idea how big a fucking predator is? Any fixed wing UAV/drone of that size is illegal to fly in open not militarized airspace in the US anyway
>>
File: 8chmWHh.jpg (95 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
8chmWHh.jpg
95 KB, 960x720
>>1005581
>FAA PLEASE FUCK MY ASSHOLE
>>
>>1005562
You could start by going to school and becoming an engineer.... But judging by your question I assume you are to fucking stupid though.
>>
not OP, I am kind of interested in drones / RC aircraft, but I'm not sure where to get started. Is there any good website/book/PDF tutorial around? Complexity is not a problem
>>
>>1005737
bumping for a more serious thread
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 600x337
>>1005589
I _adore_ upscaling pallets!!
>>
>>1005737
RCGroups.com and Flite Test also a ton of shit on YouTube
>>
>>1005686
Sometimes I forget that military drones are full sized planes.
>>
>>1005562
Have you got a spare couple of million $ ?
>>
>>1005562
First you've got to aquire some tonnes of crab meat for your shipping container bunker reinforced with pallets, to make the drones you'll have to use at least 12 arduinos and 11 raspberry pis, using only jumper cables and breadboards, hot glue everything when you're finiahed, assemble drone with multitool of choice, remember to solder those CPUs to go to the white house in case the drone crashes into a school, a 3D printer can take care of the rest, you can use thorium as fuel to run for 100 years without refueling, also, if you have to make an airstrip don't forget to use solar freakin pannels because sun.
>>
>>1005818
thanks man
>>
for a serious answer: Grab some cheap styrofoam RC plane and slap an Arduino with some Sensors (you'll want Gyro and altitude at least) onto it.
>>
>>1006219
How in the fuck is this a serious answer?
>>
>>1006246
it definitely more serious than what other people have replied. It's what I would do if I would start such a project.

Research how plane autopilots work, buy a cheap RC plane, try to hack an Arduino onto it, and then try to program a decent autopilot.
>>
>>1006219
>serious answer
God i hope you are trolling
>>
File: 1452625961479.jpg (99 KB, 539x430) Image search: [Google]
1452625961479.jpg
99 KB, 539x430
>>
File: 76b_1.jpg (178 KB, 555x1291) Image search: [Google]
76b_1.jpg
178 KB, 555x1291
>>
You could just buy a glider and put a motorbike engine in it.

Hobbyist grade electronics are better than the old 1990s predator.
>>
>>1005562
Now now al-Baghdadi, what have we told you about giving yourself away to people on the Internet?
>>
/diy/ is not /spoonfeed/

Go die.
>>
>>1007068
>>1007067
As a ham radio operator I found all the gnashing of teeth over this hilarious. "Oh no I have to spend $5 and tape a piece of paper with my license number inside the battery compartment. And there's no competency test or exam or anything!"
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.