[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know how to make labels for glass bottles to where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 20131212-143302.jpg (563 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
20131212-143302.jpg
563 KB, 1936x1936
Does anyone know how to make labels for glass bottles to where the ink on the label won't bleed and also has a glossy finish to it?

Pic related
>>
>>1005410
No idea, but bumping for interest.
>>
Print label onto Photo Paper w/ High Gloss
Glue Paper to bottle
Profit.
>>
>>1005416
Sure. Works for Corona when they make bottles. Why didn't I think of that.

In all seriousness though, I was thinking of printing on to glossy photo paper and using heat to transfer the design to a glass bottle, just like making a pcb, but I wonder what kind of special ink I would need to print with.

Maybe just silkscreen to the bottle instead? Maybe treat the area with glass etching acid first?
>>
Not exactly what you're asking, but print on sticker paper, cover it with book film or whatever that transparent stuff with glue on the other side is called. Cut after that.
The labels on your pic look like professionally made vinyl stickers.
>>
>>1005410
Starters font use water based inks.
>>
>>1005446
Don't
>>
>>1005429

When I was wee, we called it stickyback plastic. No doubt it has a proper name though.
>>
Second waterproof your paper
http://m.wikihow.com/Waterproof-Paper
>>
File: S60608-052545.jpg (542 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
S60608-052545.jpg
542 KB, 800x1280
>>1005418
Silkscreen is how id approximate it, etch/white/color sounds solid but keep in mind you have the option for translucents in your designs too.

Seems like coronas are powercoated or something serious like that. Gotta figure the label is put on right after the bottle is formed so it wouldnt be inconvenient to melt that shit on while its hot with some clever masking process

Pic related those labels look great after presumably slumped with high heat
>>
I looked into it and came across some dirty cheap printers on ebay, but threw in the towel and paid Vistaprint.
>>
File: AquaVelvaVintageAd[1].jpg (25 KB, 381x386) Image search: [Google]
AquaVelvaVintageAd[1].jpg
25 KB, 381x386
>>1005410
Who the fuck needs a PREshave oil? Just lather up and shave. Then hit it with some aqua velva you skirt yanking child.
>>
>>1005608
Even better, just shave as soon as you get out of the shower and it's still wet. Haven't bought shaving cream in years.
>>
>>1005458
kek, my dad actually formulated the lead/cadmium/heavy metal free white used in basically all glass enamels nowadays. At least the stuff thats worth a shit and can stand up to high temp sterilization.
>>
>>1005905
But your not going to share it with us... Your dad didn't invent shit.
>>
>>1005905
Don't you mean your mom's husband?
>>
>>1005468
What did you search on ebay
>>
>>1005623
Even better, stop shaving and trying to look like a tiny baby boy man.
>>
>>1006253
Jesus, what are you, 12?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.