[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the best way to reinforce some idea desk like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 1464994511711.jpg (178 KB, 2296x1440) Image search: [Google]
1464994511711.jpg
178 KB, 2296x1440
What would be the best way to reinforce some idea desk like the lineman and adults?

Would some 1x2s wood glued to the underside give it any support?

I do not want to screw through the top.

Cheers fellas.
>>
>>1005383

Goddamn android spell check. Ikea desk like the linnmon and adils.
>>
>>1005383
are they that cheap?

you could try it, just go through the bottom and use smaller screws

a melamine shelf piece might be good if you can find one small enough
>>
File: adils.jpg (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
adils.jpg
9 KB, 300x300
>>1005395
>smaller screws
No screws.
>>1005383
I think you may have the right idea for reinforcing from sag, but if you're looking to reinforce from sway you'll want to put some kind of crossmembers in place. I'm thinking cables that run in an x along the wallside of the desk, like pic related ten thousand hours in GIMP.
>>
File: 12814485359459.jpg (169 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
12814485359459.jpg
169 KB, 640x480
>>1005401
I have a corner desk with a table on each side I think I'll build 1x2 square box and wood glue to prevent sag then glue each table to the corner desk.

That sound sane?
>>
>>1005406
Sounds like it'll be a bitch to move, but if you never plan to move the desk table combo then it sounds good.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.