[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this and how do I get rid of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
What is this and how do I get rid of it?
>>
>>1005246
ummm, you rinse the sink out? :D

If the "clean" water leaves that residue in the sink, then it looks like you got corroded iron pipes somewhere along the line. That looks like rust.

Water with that much iron on it would be pretty horrible to drink, I'd assume. Does all the water in the building look like that, or just this one sink?
>>
>>1005248
Just this one sink. I've been gone for three weeks and came back to it like this.
>>
those are rust marks/residue right?
leave it full of vinegar for a couple of days
(boiling the vinegar for a bit will increase its effect)
>>
>>1005252
thanks, senpai
>>
>>1005246
Plug the drain and fill a couple millimeters above rust line with CLR. Leave it for a few hours, maybe touch up the metal drain with a wire brush before draining.
>>
>>1005250
>sink

thought it was an asshole
>>
>>1005250
>Just this one sink. I've been gone for three weeks and came back to it like this.
if you don't get that normally and it's just the one sink, then someone poured some rusty water into that sink while you were gone
>>
>>1005246
You cleanse your apartment so that Walter Sullivan doesn't use it as his mother
>>
>>1005296
Glad I'm not the only one.
>>
>>1005296
>>1005375

Me too. And it wouldn't be the first "how to wipe your butt" thread I've seen on here, unfortunately.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.