[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knit and Crochet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: Yarn2.jpg (72 KB, 563x314) Image search: [Google]
Yarn2.jpg
72 KB, 563x314
I can't find a thread for this yet, but I'm new so I could be wrong. If you're into any yarn crafts feel free to post patterns, ask questions, things like that.
>>
Where can I learn to read crochet patterns?
>>
>>1004999
My sister crocheted a blanket for me when I first left home, she must have worked on it for months, it's crazy comfy to wrap it around you in winter and just chill out all cozy as fuck.
>>
Ask your grandma to teach you how to knit. Every single grandma can either knit or crochet. Plus its hands down the best grandma bonding time you can get.
>>
File: 1328325295287.jpg (238 KB, 993x1105) Image search: [Google]
1328325295287.jpg
238 KB, 993x1105
>>1005049
YouTube. Its pretty easy to pick up.
>>
>>1005392
ass is too flat for me desu
>>
>>1005405
Just at a few more stitches to your liking.
>>
File: DSC01128.jpg (152 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
DSC01128.jpg
152 KB, 480x640
>>1005049
Not OP here but I can tell you.
Crochet patterns are basically written in code. Like for example increasing would be Inc and then followed by a number like 3. Which means you add 3 more stitches to a row.
I find crochet much more comfier and faster than knitting.
>pic related is a bag I made by crochet.
>>
>>1004999
I literally started knitting last week. I finished a washcloth and just started on a hat. I went to a local store and took a couple classes, planning on going back next week too.

Do you guys had any recommendations for a project after that? The people in the class said if I keep knitting as much as I have, I should finish the hat by Wednesday.
>>
>>1006380
Well it depends. You could do amigurumi (horribly misspelled) like a few posts up, or make bags, blankets, scarves, socks, whatever. What do you think you need/have use for?
>>
>>1006387
I figured I'd make a scarf for my mom but she lives in a pretty warm area so she wouldn't use it much anyway. I don't think I would want most of the stuff that people usually make when knitting, but I like doing it for some reason. I'm interested in making one of those amigurumis but it looks a lot harder than what I've been doing. Having to switch yarns and probably lots of changes in the patterns.
>>
>>1006390
Wool socks are always comfy anywhere
>>
backpacks and totes...any kind of bag really
>>
File: rabbit.jpg (963 KB, 2123x3280) Image search: [Google]
rabbit.jpg
963 KB, 2123x3280
>>1006390
amigurumi isn't hard at all. It's all single crochet in rounds. Pick something that is all one colour that you sew together. :) (pic related and mine)
>>
>>1005204
Sorry grandma, but it's easier to use YouTube for knitting because they film videos so their hands face the same way as yours.

>>1006380
For you I would say mittens, so you can get the hang of attaching the thumb, then a raglan sweater with a larger gauge like the 'Brick' pattern on Ravelry. Making a sweater is so rewarding. Socks can be kind of brutal since they take so long, use difficult techniques and need to be mended frequently
>>
>>1007141
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think I would use the mittens. I would definitely wear a sweater though. I'm gonna talk to the people in the knitting class I've been going to about what they think too.
>>
File: 20160501_110958.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160501_110958.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>1005392
Hey, I remember you!
My Kyuubey and Hatsune Kyubey
>>
>>1007381
I know how you feel, when I started out and was scrolling through endless "beginner" projects of ugly scarves and arm warmers and hideous baby items I was really frustrated.
>>
>>1006380
Go to Ravelry website - free patterns for wacky and practical
>>
File: 1343719069217.jpg (284 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
1343719069217.jpg
284 KB, 600x462
The number one thing you should learn how to do for amigurumi is a ball. Make this. Have doing 3-4 balls you should have the basics down.
>>
I kind of want to learn to knit and knit myself a comfy sweater.... But knitting looks hard. :(
>>
File: DSC_0058[1].jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0058[1].jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>1008545
it is not!
look up on youtube, in this order
-Cast on (co)
-Knit
-purl
-Knit front/back (KFB)
now you know all you need to to make a sweater. I made this using those three stitches and it is comfy (sorry my phone camera is shit).

Pattern is the one I mentioned here
>>1007141
and it's free

once you're done you'll probably want to look up Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy bind-off to finish it in a way that you can get it over your head!
>>
>>1008934
Damn that's a nice looking sweater, pretty much exactly what I want.
>>
>>1008965
sweaters aren't particularly difficult technique-wise, I think the reason they're not great for beginners is if you make a mistake you might not notice for a few hours.

If you decide you actually want to make this or sonething else to learn to knit I can help with a shopping list of decent/not overpriced as shit supplies
>>
>>1005392
Anyone have a pattern for this or something like this? I remember seeing it a while ago and it would be nice to have a base to make other characters from.
>>
File: dawn_by_krowzivitch-da4w73k[1].jpg (241 KB, 778x850) Image search: [Google]
dawn_by_krowzivitch-da4w73k[1].jpg
241 KB, 778x850
>>1010561
I posted it. I wish. Krowzivitch on Deviant Art created them. She also did a bunch of other very cool designs. Also did some on commission. Some years back she changed over to making custom My Little Pony figures on commission (her latest). She hasn't posted a new amigurumi in 4 years.
>>
>>1010594
Thanks anyway. I found this pattern for making sack boy like amigurumi dolls for anyone else wanting to make something similiar.

https://goldenjellybean.com/youtube/about/make-your-own-sackboy/
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.