[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would it cost to hire good professionals to build a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1465161701001.jpg (669 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1465161701001.jpg
669 KB, 900x600
How much would it cost to hire good professionals to build a home like this? Assuming their pay include the materials and rent for the tools needed?
>>
>>1004947
I'll bid 2,000,000.
>>
File: afuckingtree.jpg (226 KB, 1300x864) Image search: [Google]
afuckingtree.jpg
226 KB, 1300x864
theres this spanish geezer, quite good with all that 'natural support element' stuff. Been busy with some blood church for the last century and a half tho, just cant get the staff nowadays.
>>
>>1004947
>how much would it cost

Stop daydreaming and go to school Jimmy
>>
>>1004947
500.000 if you are man enough to do a couple of work there. Not beign a whinny bitch like almost all murricans who cant even paint a fucking wall without paying a Mexican for that.
>>
>>1004947
I feel like if you could afford that, you wouldn't be asking here.

So basically, more than you can afford.
>>
>>1004947
>/Do It Yourself/
>>
>>1004947
Look at this buyfag. Just get a hammer, some chisels and put some elbow grease into it.
>>
>>1004951
>using illegal workers
>>
suspect OPs wandered back to gaga land - got me thinking tho, whats /diy/ approved method for stone supports in a river bed? Base for the column arches at the front/boathouse - wire frame, fill with stone? pre-formed block, throw it in and hope it lands upright?
>>
The house is the cheap part. Controlling the water level is the expensive part.
>>
>>1004947
If you have the plans, you can just send them to several professional contractors and ask them to bid on it, and they'll give you quotes. Instead of asking an anonymous online chinese cartoon shitposting board for quotes.
>>
>>1004947

I think I have seen that house on mirror lake in lake placid.
>>
>>1004947

You could build most of the house like that by yourself for cheap, it just takes some creativity. if you want to hire some super fancy special "designer" it will cost millions.
>>
>>1005360
as an american, and a below the mexican border mexican

yep, people here are lazy as fuck, learned to paint in middle school, painted my house, inside and out, i would never pay someone to paint for me, unless i lived in a 2 or more story house and it would only ever be the outside unless i have some weird vaulted ceilings or 2 or more story room in my house

because fuck falling off scaffolding

the only problem with being a non-mexican mexican is i still get sleepy in the middle of the day like mexican mexicans
>>
>>1004947
Due to the faggot environmentalists, you can't build drive-in boat houses like that in the US anymore.

May they all rot in hell.
>>
>>1005881
"Because me being able to drive my fat ass on my shitty boat right into my garage is more important than not fucking up this lake for myself, everyone else and the things that live/grow in it"
>>
>>1004947
that house is contributing to the degradation of the lake.
>>
>>1005966
Both environmentally and aesthetically speaking.
>>
>>1005881
>Due to the faggot environmentalists,

Nope. You can build a boat house, either on piers or floating. You can run your boat in, store it, weld on it, drop shit into the water, leak oil and fuel. No problems. Commercial boat storage/repair places all around me. What gets the 'environmentalists' panties in a bunch is that you are living there. And somehow, you managed to get closer to desirable waterfront property than they could. So they throw hissy-fits.
>>
>>1005819
That last line made me laugh in the middle of my NA meeting
>>
>>1004947

Millions

half of the house is on top of the water, the other half is on built on the slope of a hill. Difficult as fuck to build a solid foundation.

House is surrounded by trees, and looks to be in a remote location, meaning that costs will triple.

Then look at the stone pillars, arches, and woodwork. This isn't some prefab home.

This all requires the work of skilled tradesmen, that these days charge more than most white collar workers.
>>
Estimates double when workmen realise you're rich enough to want something like this too
>>
>>1006160
I'm sure that if you spoke to an actual environmentalist they would tell you they're even more infuriated by what you described.

t. person who is friends with marine biologists
>>
>>1006345
pretty much this, they give zero shits about a single individual doing it, it's that a lot of people are doing it collectively that buttflusters them

most of them don't want to buy land near any kind of watershed since they know they are flood prone areas, and if the sea levels rise to predicted levels, their land would be underwater

i know a guy that bought up a bunch of land betting on sea levels rising so he could build water front property, i'm still undecided if he's an idiot or a genius
>>
>>1006327

It is in mirror lake.

Not remote at all
>>
>>1005404
I'd mabey just form it up and place concrete?
>>
>>1005391
Mennonites,so yeah
>>
>>1006345
>I'm sure that if you spoke to an actual environmentalist

Never met one that didn't have some sort of agenda. We had some hipsters that tried to play the part a few years back when the county was trying to limit waterfront construction. Turns out, they were shilling for a construction outfit that wanted the existing residents to fund an expensive storm water control system.
>>
>>1006370
>they give zero shits about a single individual doing it, it's that a lot of people are doing it collectively that buttflusters them

Restated: I'm an environmentalist when I've got my waterfront home built and now the guy next door wants to build one too.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.