[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a hut. Doorknob or door handle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Eurofag here. Why do murifags have doorknobs instead of door handles? Whats the point?
>>
File: fuck.jpg (33 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
33 KB, 625x352
>>
File: m.png (251 KB, 457x341) Image search: [Google]
m.png
251 KB, 457x341
>>1004687
We dont have the need to feel a phallic shaped object hundreds of times a day.
...not that there's anything wrong with that
>>
Door handles are required on commercial buildings. Something something Cripples Act.

Knobs are just more aesthetic.
>>
ameri-fag here. I think handles are building code required for hotels hospitals and assisted living type places. some homebuilders use them. basically they are for people with disabilities or arthritis (i.e. old people) or for people who just like the look of them.
but why the hate for the good ol' round doorknob. back at the turn of the century the round doorknobs were so awesomely detailed. today they are pretty plain and boring unless you cough up a lot of greenbacks.
>>
>>1004708
yeah and this >>1004704 too. I have had that happen. it is annoying.
>>
Doorknobs can´t be opened with the elbow. usefull with dirty hands or when u are carrying purchases for example.
>>
That´s much more annoying...
>>
>>1005097
Valid points
>>
It's part of an effort to thwart our inevitable overlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYFIV5NV7m4
>>
>>1004687
Common stuff is common because it is common. That is, when you have used knobs all your life, when practically all the houses you've visited have knobs and when the hardware stores have 100 different knobs and only 1 handle style in stock, you're much more likely to get knobs as well.
>>
Murifags use both, just like Eurofags use both.
>>
File: kC3pW.gif (468 KB, 340x179) Image search: [Google]
kC3pW.gif
468 KB, 340x179
>wanting to let in raptors
Yuros will never understand
>>
>>1004704
Hah! True, true! But you can use your knee/elbow to open a HANDLE. You have to put shut down to use a stupid KNOB.
>>
>>1005097
>manlet detected
>>
>>1007074

Tell me you are squeezing the doorknob with your butt cheeks and then give it a wiggle so it opens

>>1005128
>Eurofags use both.

Nope
>>
>>1007089
>Tell me you are squeezing the doorknob with your butt cheeks and then give it a wiggle so it opens

What did he mean by this?
>>
I use my knee to open the kitchen door when I have my hands filled with cups of tea.

This is why we UKish people eschew doorknobs.
>>
Just watch jurassic park, then you'll understand
>>
>>1004687
A doorknob promotes a strong handshake.
>>
>>1007122
How else would hight affect your ability to work a doorknob whithout using your hands?
>>
>>1004687
Velociraptors
>>
>>1007384
A 7 ft tall man has elbows that higher off the ground than a 4ft man, dingus. Needing to lean over far enough to grab your ankles just to elbow a door knob is you getting fucked twice. Stay in school.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.