[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any experience with Chinese chainsaws? I have a Haddon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-06-06 06.33.48.png (887 KB, 1191x1877) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-06 06.33.48.png
887 KB, 1191x1877
Anyone have any experience with Chinese chainsaws? I have a Haddon lumber maker, a rip chain and plenty of logs. Looking to cut my own lumber.
>>
>>1004432
some of them are meant to be pretty good. I want to get a bandsaw mill.
>>
>>1004432
Always used husqavana or stihl myself
>>
>>1004433
Logosol M8 master race reporting in...
>>
Dad has a sanli he claims won't run in hot weather.
>>
>>1004440
The Poulan stuff won't run in cold. The pull start comes out and doesn't go back in unless you wait for it to warm up.
>>
>>1005035
Isn't Poulan owned by husquvarna? It's their cheap chink line?
>>
>>1005037
It's their dismal garbage line designed to make you regret ever wanting a chainsaw.

Much love for my Shindaiwa. Japs make great gear.
>>
>>1005046
I hear ya, but....I bought this Chinese 52cc 22" .325 .058 86 link saw off ebay for 89.99. It has been a great saw. Bought a ripping chain and I use it with a granberg mini mill...no problems. Per the manual I use 10w30 motor oil for bar oil. I use all the old from my cars. Been a great beater saw.
>>
>>1005046
>>japs make good gear

If that were the case lumberjack's would be using them. The forestry and logging industry primarily use Husquvarna and Stihl.
>>
>>1005061
The Chinese are gradually improving quality. Quality is a deliberate choice, not an accident. You are using a Chinese computer right now. If China feel like it they can own the "quality" market in any sector.
>>
>>1005530
>If China feel like it they can own the "quality" market in any sector.
Bollocks - they cant even produce an acceptable car, nevermind BMW/Tesla tier. 'Any sector' products is Hollywood films, Paris fashion, etc. - China aint ruling that lot anytime soon, meantime, people still buy Stihl, and, rightly so. Pure tech, myabe, China should have Apples lunch (eventualy) - people get fed up with $400 surcharge on a 'Quality' alu shell, when this is continually sans fresh ideas within.
>>
>>1005495

In Japan, people primarily use Japanese tools.
In America, people primarily use American tools
In chineyland, people primarily use Chinese tools
In Germany, people primarily use German tools.

We primarily use stihl in the West Indies because of the dealer network and spare parts supply but car imports are 99% Japanese and the dealer network import is 80% jap, 15% Korean and 5% American.

We go crazy for makita as well.
>>
>>1005495
Those brands have been in the US far longer, and people go with what works AND is familiar AND has an established dealer network THUS having plenty of support.

Use what works for you in your situation with your support network. Even if you rebuild all your own gear, you'll want ready access to dealers and parts as a backup to shopping online. Business is business after all.
>>
>>1005546
Erm, iProduct is already made in China, just like every other handheld electronic device.
>>
These saws are pretty much disposable, they don't have technical support, you can't buy spare parts so it's pretty much impossible to fix it.
Also, do you really expect anything from a saw that is cheaper than proper chain and bar?
>>
I use a horrid cheap chinky thing.

Keep waiting for it to break so I can justify a Stihl, but no luck after 4 bars and more chains. Mine takes Oregon bars and I use Stihl chains in preference to Oregon, the difference in tooth hardness is noticeable.

After two days sweating with a crosscut chain on an Alaskan mill, I might yet get a ripping chain...
>>
I bought a refurbished poulan 18", works ok so far needed some idle adjustments and a small bit of tuning but honestly i thought if it breaks after like a year id be fine cus i paid like 90 dollary doos for it. when it breaks i'm buying an echo
>>
>>1004440
Adjust the carb.

>>1005035
Sounds like dried up/gunked up grease or grease used outside of its intended temp rating. Easy fix, just clean all the old grease off.
>>
>>1008134
I prefer oregon chains rather than stihl. Stihl chains just stretch like hell, it's fully stretched and it's impossible to tension it further when less than a third of a tooth is sharpened, when I remove a link I can use it until teeth are half sharpened out, but it still stretches pretty soon, and running stretched chain with a link missing is not the best for a sprocket.
On the other hand oregon chains work perfectly well, i just ran out one oregon chain and when teeth were almos fully sharpened out the tensioner was just moved to like 3/4 of the distance, so it didn't stretch that much, certainly not as stihl chains do.
I also didn't notice any difference in cutting speed or performance between stihl, oregon and husqvarna (I know oregon makes husqvarna chains), but only the stihl stretched that much
>>
>>1004432
just buy stihl for fuck sake, I have stihl 023, I've bought it like 20 or 21 years ago, it's been used pretty often and it still works like charm
>>
>>1008385
We binned it. Got a Craftsman leaf vacuum instead.
It was a common complaint for that model. That, and the vibrations from the motor would cause the throttle to drop to zero.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.