[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /festool/ here? Which festool products have you used and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 639px-Festool.svg.png (5 KB, 639x84) Image search: [Google]
639px-Festool.svg.png
5 KB, 639x84
>>
>>1004170
They are decent tools that are over priced. /thread
>>
>>1004170
The local woodworking specialty shop is a huge Jet and Festool dealer. Ive felt the tools up and gotten mini spiels about them from workers there.

I cant imagine them being worth how much they cost.
Though their track saw seems really nice.
>>
>>1004170
AvE cracked one open and found shitty parts. Enjoy your kardashian of tools.
>>
File: 1449256151977.jpg (45 KB, 599x655) Image search: [Google]
1449256151977.jpg
45 KB, 599x655
>>1004181
>AvE
>>
Worked at a shop that ran Festool. They were good quality. I'd never spend the money on them myself. The track saw was nice though.
>>
We have the track saw. It's great. I want a domino joiner. Their drills are stupid overpriced and the kapex is a meme.
>>
>>1004181
It's unfortunate that 99% of the people that do "tear downs" are absolute imbeciles.
>>
File: festool.jpg (156 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
festool.jpg
156 KB, 1000x1000
I have the midi dust extractor. It's great but the bags are (surprise) too expensive. I reuse them cyclically though so the box of 5 I bought last year is still going.
I want their cordless track saw to be honest. Costs a freaking arm and a leg but I bet it be so good to quickly break down sheets outside and have no wires or anything to pull around.
>>
File: Comfy Couch-0286.jpg (346 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Couch-0286.jpg
346 KB, 800x600
>>1004170

Dominos are pretty good, but they're really just fancy biscuits. I've seen people use them as tenons, but I thought that looked a bit shit.

The vacuum cleaner is pretty good.

The track saw is fantastic. If you're making stuff out of plywood, particularly cladding or onsite work, it's pretty excellent. If you had the track saw and a mitre saw you can make a fair bit of stuff that would otherwise need a panel saw.

However, for the price of the tracksaw you can get a basic table saw.

Pic unrelated. It's a couch I made from doors. (sans cushions)
>>
>>1004532
Oh wait, the orbital sanders are pretty excellent too.
>>
I have used the track saw. It is a very good, very useful tool that makes cuts as clean as a cabinet saw.

I don't know what the deal is with that retarded Festool miter saw. Why they had to be a special snowflake and outfit it with an arbor size unique to it and it alone... I'll never understand.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.