[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bandana
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Do you have a bandana on you while you work? If not why? If so, what kind? I have one from a dollar store I use to wipe sweat of my brow, but it's quickly become shit. Is there any reason to invest in a higher quality one?
>>
i aint mexican holmes
>>
Because I'm not some white trash "biker" or a mexican gang member.

If I'm working in full sun I wear sunscreen and a bucket hat. I could really care less if some 20 year old wants to have a giggle; I lost an uncle to skin cancer.

If I'm working in and out of sun I wear a baseball cap like everyone else in the trades here.

Inside? Nothing because I'm not some hick or a fratboy.
>>
Jesus, it's a fucking bandana. It's a piece of cloth. Not everything needs to have a goddamn thread about it. If you like it, wear it. If you want a nicer one, fucking buy it. It's not rocket surgery.

> Yes, I mad.
>>
>bandana thread
>rag thread
>work socks thread
where will it end
>>
>>1003780
Congratulations OP, you've rediscovered the handkerchief. They used to be quite common, all men that sweated when they worked carried one. They had many uses: wiping sweat from you brow, blowing your nose, cleaning off just about anything you needed to, shading your neck, bandaging a wound, etc. One thing they were usually not used for was starting a thread on 4chan. Should've kept it that way. But yes, I like them. Plain white, inexpensive, utilitarian.
>>
NO!
The day you have to wipe your ass with it you will thank yourself for not paying the extra dollar.

FYI Worked outside for 5 years, shit happens.
>>
there are 2 kinds op

dollarama ones
and ones you want to put on your forhead

ive spent a lot of money on bandannas
there is 100% a fucking difference in quality and i try not to wear the cheap opens for a long period of time
i used to wear bucket hats those are also nice

now i work inside
>>
>>1003780
Anarchist here, bandanas are an essential part of protest gear
>>
>>1003780
Why make a thread about this nigga

I wear one when I'm welding with semi-auto processes and sometimes stick because do rags and welding caps are awful.
>>
>>1003780
I have one on me all the time. Wipe things down, blow my nose, whatever. I prefer colored bandanas that cost a couple bucks to the smaller white thin handkerchiefs. With the good bandanas the get better the more you wash them.

Got some handkerchiefs from deluth trading company for Christmas that are goat.
>>
>>1003780
Found the Wronglestar fanboi.

Let me guess, you also like to wank all over old tools and spout endlessly about how fucking great the "old days" were
>>
>>1004449
I've never understood people who continue to use cloth handkerchiefs in this day and age, I can understand why people did it in the 19th century when paper tissues were not around but why in gods name would you choose to do it now!??, I mean why carry that nasty shit around with you when you can ball up a paper one and throw it in the trash!!..... you don't carry any other bodily excretions around with you after expelling them do you!?

No the only reason to carry a cloth handkerchief now is to stand out in a crowd, which makes you a hipster douche.
>>
>>1004466
LeL.
>>
>>1003780
Yes.
I have a bunch of the kind that you pictured. Find them in thrift stores.

Those thin ones are nice in hot weather, good for wetting.

But I've got two that are thicker, made from a corner of an old flannelette shirt. I actually got them from a bag of rags. I was working in a bike shop and I pulled this one out of the bag and it just looked like a good size to wear. I've had it 5 years.

People don't realise how much you can adjust your body temperature with a scarf.
>>1004469
Nah. My nose loves the sweet caress of some fine quality cotton. I can keep one in a pocket for ages without using it. If I tried to keep a tissue in the pocket for that long it would be lint before I needed it.

Also, you can wipe your brow, your face, your kids face, your clothes... More than just snot.
>>
>>1003952
What's your favorite dual purpose lube/wood finish? Should I start a new thread for it?
>>
>>1004466
I think Wrangler is a egotistical faggot.
>>
>>1003964

This. This thread is dumb and damn near everyone has a shop rag of some kind. I have a box of 5000 that has lasted for years. Also, it's a piece of cloth, was it you dirty fuck, no need to upgrade.
>>
>>1004466
>>1004826
Wranglerstar is to "manliness", bush-craft, and woodwork what Hipster lomofags are to film photography, music, and "being green".
>>
>>1004466
Wranglerstar "Always carry a bandanna being a pretentious fag is sweaty work"
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.