[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, sorry if the pic is shit but I wondering if someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hey /diy/, sorry if the pic is shit but I wondering if someone can identify what kind of bug this is, I have bug spray but I need to be specific on how I should kill it?

I crush them during this season and I can't be for certain what the fuck it actually is, as I am seeing them on my bed at night and sometimes early in the morning, can someone help?

Pic related, I wasn't sure if it's a bed bug or termites.
>>
Can't really tell anything from the pic.
Might just be a common clothes moth tho?
>>
>>1003617

It's kind of wingless when I killed it, so I couldn't be certain what it was. Though the back of my neck was irritating, I had thought I got a termite bite.
>>
>>1003615

Also don't want to forget, there's some holes in the wall, how can I get them fixed as well, if it can leave a opening for bugs and pests?
>>
>>1003624
Uhh, patch them. Silicone around your windows while your at it.
>>
>>1003615
Bed bugs are tiny less than 5mm. I have no idea what the scale of your pic is but if you can see it from 10 feet away, it's not a bed bug.
>>
>>1003615

OP returns again, killed another one again, stepdad tells me it's a wingless termite. Best advice to kill them?

My pic showed a bug that looked like a wingless termite, though I hadn't been certain, I wanted /diy/ for help on identifying it and how to kill it, we keep a bonfire place with some wood not far from here and I got a room to fix, they seem to get up on my bed, but I don't know how.
>>
Might be a carpet beetle larva?
>>
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 792x825
>>1004082

Hate to spit out my coffee from you mentioning termites, but if you want them gone, you'll need to FIX your house, and you'll need to spray areas with professional termite killer, don't forget to check for cracks and nearby damage in other places.

Termites can get worse if you got roaches, so kill all roaches and termites and prevent them from getting what they need to live.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>1004093

I got these as well, though no carpet exists in my room and they go on my windows.
>>
>>1004091
I luckily only had em in my car prolly cause I left my windows cracked everyday. Had to take out all the seats trim and carpet. Set the carpet in the sun on a hot summer day and it was like watching the exodus from Egypt.
>>
>>1004094
>>1003615
learn to photograph OP, is that seriously the best you can do ?

focus looks like you're holding the camera too close in both cases
>>
>>1004097

Sorry, but I was using my iPhone to capture the image, stepdad tells me it's a termite in the room. I do have Photoshop Express on my phone, but I don't know how good it will be for photos on iPhone...
>>
>>1003615
>takes picture with potato
>must be potato bug
>>
>>1003615
>wondering if someone can identify what kind of bug this is
A blurry one
>>
It's a termite, OP.
When trying to take a close up picture with your iPhone, put something shiny in pic near the subject to help focus.
>>
>>1004101
>my iPhone.
Problem found. An Apple fan. The poor kid would be lucky to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.
>>
>>1004172
This. They're termite kings and queens. Basically they're fucking each other brains out, then the males die and the now fertile females tear their wings out and start shitting out more termites.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.