[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
making leather pouch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: il_214x170.906932691_i445.jpg (8 KB, 214x170) Image search: [Google]
il_214x170.906932691_i445.jpg
8 KB, 214x170
hello /diy/
im trying to make leather pouch, but well, i dont know

should i cut it to make better shape or just take circle and cut holes around?
or in best case, do any of you have pettern icould use? please :)

also, what thread for stitching would you suggest my to use? same thin rope or go and buy something leather origin?
>>
>>1003238
Synthetic sinew is great for sewing leather.

For leather pattern, it's really straight forward. You can either just cut a large circle and use some leather cord to synch it up, or get more elaborate and cut/sew the leather.
Your call, what's the end goal? How much effort do you want to put into it?
>>
>>1003323
cinch not synch
>>
>>1003238
A few tips for you to save you some hassle in stitching and various other things. I don't know what your experience level is, so no insult intended if this is painfully obvious.
* Lay out the placement of your holes beforehand, then use an awl (or roofing nail) to pre-punch them.

*Since you'll need to flip the pouch inside out after sewing, definitely make sure to make the opening is a little larger than you think it needs to be. Leather can be a bitch to try and reverse in this way.

*Synthetic sinew, as anon already recommended, should work quite well for you. If you can't get ahold of that, linen thread of similar thickness should work just as well. Just make sure to add a bit of beeswax to it before beginning. This is done by pinching the thread between your thumb and a block of wax and pulling it along the length. Helps keep your stitches locked in really well.

*Also, having leather working needles is quite nice as well. Those, as well as the wax and sinew you need, should be findable at most craft stores. Alternatively, search for a Tandy Leather in your area. They will have anything and everything you need.

*Afraid I don't actually have a pattern, but it's pretty simple. Just use Google to get some ideas.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 220x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 220x315
Use animal scrotums
>>
>>1003238
finding the leather is the hard part.
Just a circle will work, its a little bulky around the edges but it works.
>>
>>1003238
Nothing wrong with a leather pouch, but as soon as you hang that shit from your belt and start thinking it's middle earth then you have to go Frodo, we can't be friends no more because you just went full autist!!
>>
>>1003355
Yeah, I felt like I spelt it wrong. My bad.
>>
>>1003238

OP where do you source your scrotums?

Was thinking of doing the same.
>>
>>1003238
cut circle, punch holes

I save up spare change in mine, it works fine
>>
Chemical recipes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.