[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone here know some FANUC or have experience with CNCsimulator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: cnc simulator.png (34 KB, 428x73) Image search: [Google]
cnc simulator.png
34 KB, 428x73
does anyone here know some FANUC or have experience with CNCsimulator that can help me troubleshoot problems with a program?
>>
>>1002564
There's a lot of cnc people here, stick around though they tend to have jobs and not post until the weekend
>>
post your fanuc issues
>>
>>1002564
What's up?
>>
oh good, this is still here.

i'm trying to write a program to cut out a crank handle, i'm not done it yet, but as i try and simulate the cut, as the cutter makes its first pass, the Z axis steadily climbs out of the piece until it hits the reference zero, instead of staying put.

give me a few minutes and i will post screens of the program, and what the simulator is doing.
>>
File: part start.jpg (82 KB, 1422x697) Image search: [Google]
part start.jpg
82 KB, 1422x697
this is the simulation as it starts, cutter is where it should be.
>>
File: part finish.jpg (86 KB, 1568x766) Image search: [Google]
part finish.jpg
86 KB, 1568x766
and this is the simulation near the end of the rough pass, note the Z has crept up out of the part and has returned to zero.
>>
File: program code.jpg (54 KB, 712x767) Image search: [Google]
program code.jpg
54 KB, 712x767
this is my program thus far, if you want me to just copypasta it, i can.
>>
>>1002972

You have a subprogram located in the main program so it finishes the subprogram call and then it enters the subprogram without being called, this is probably where your problem lies.
>>
>>1003021

To solve this, just put an M30 after the subprogram call I guess.
>>
>>1003021

that doesn't solve the problem of my wandering Z axis. the program isn't fully finished yet either.
>>
the 2 day bump.
>>
Ok, background, haas programmer, so i dont know if this applies but i would make the following changes:

Remove line N50
Change line N100 to read:
N100 M97 P120 L10
Add line:
N105 G01 Z1.
Change line N110 to read:
N110 M30

Hope that helps.
>>
>>1003738

it doesn't.

i need the N100 line to call the subroutine.

this is giving me a headache, i'm gonna stop dicking with this for a while until i get back in class.
>>
>>1002564
I programmed FANUC robots for a while. Also have done quite a bit of CNC but it was not fanuc cnc was 3m and milltronics.
>>
File: bbc-second_line.jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bbc-second_line.jpg
76 KB, 800x600
Only time I've seen weird shit like that is with CAM software and the post processor. But, writing raw machine code I guess that isn't applicable.

If you change the program slightly, like made some slightly different geometry, does it still do it?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Your G40 cancels all cutter comp, including the tool height comp,

Put all the comp shit in the main program, have the sub loop back to the main program, and turn off the comp after it loops back.
>>
>>1002564
>CNCsimulator
whats the difference between free and platinum?
>>
>>1002972
>>1003021
>>1003749
Why are you using a subprogram?

Have you tried running the code without using the subprogram technique?
>>
>>1004164

Not op, but probally because it loops 10 times, and saves space in the controller. I subprogram all the time if I am writing shit by hand
>>
>>1003749
The edited N100 does call a sub....a local sub. Are you even trying some of these suggestions, or do you know more than 20 yr veterans?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.