[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY iPhone 5 LCD replacement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Hey /diy/,
I replaced my iPhone 5 LCD.
I know it has something to do with the new LCD, because I reattached my old LCD and it didn't stutter like that.

Is there anything I can do to fix it? I will post next the FPC connectors. they appear fine to me but maybe one of you will spot something...?

Should I request a refund? Could it have been me, or is it the manufacturers fault?
I want to say it wasn't me (of course) because the cables still work as a general rule, and that stutter, technology wise, seems to be a minor flaw. Don't know if that actually holds up though.
>>
File: FPCconnectors.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
FPCconnectors.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
FPC connectors of new LCD as promised
>>
another one
on a sidenote: the distortion does bring out some cool effects. Figured that out when I first popped it on and saw my alex grey background
>>
Send it back
>>
bumpoo
>>
that bitch is haunted.
>>
>>1002463
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+5+Front+Panel+Replacement/10906
>>
>>1002467
That looks pretty cool. You should just leave it like that imo.
>>
File: TERMINATOR.jpg (66 KB, 412x346) Image search: [Google]
TERMINATOR.jpg
66 KB, 412x346
>>1002463

Isn't that what Skynet did to all the computers when it was switched on?

I have a Nokia. Even robots from the future can't break it.
>>
>>1002463
>>1002467
That looks badass. You should just leave it like that if it doesn't impair usability.
>>
>>1002465
>>1002463
>>1002467

I can see the problem here, you have not attached the firewire link to the new LSD
>>
>>1002463
you probably didn't plug it right
>>
>>1002463
This exact fucking thing happened to my phone when it got water damaged. It stayed like that for about a year. I think the cooler the phone runs, the lesser the effect, but each time it heats up the stuttering intensifies. Must be some particles got between the connectors
>>
My 5s did that. Then I bought a Samsung and haven't had any problems since.
>>
Well you are going to open it anyway so when you open it make sure you blow all the dust from the connectors and reattach them. If that doesn't work you should send it back and get a replacement.
Probably a faulty screen.
>>
>>1004543
2 rupees have been deposited to your bank account, pajeet.
>>
Threw my Iphone in the bin when that happened and bought myself a Nexus 6p
>>
>>1002467
Alex Grey?
>>
>>1002463
I replaced a friends' iPhone 5c last week, works fine most of the time.. but apparently there's ghost touches now, sometimes can't even type apparently. probably some bad shielding somewhere, because it works half of the time. yours doesn't, maybe a cable has been bent too much or something's cramped up.
>>
>>1002463
You bought an iphone. You literally arnt capable of fixing anything.
>>
File: baka.jpg (15 KB, 300x288) Image search: [Google]
baka.jpg
15 KB, 300x288
>>1002467
>>1002465
>>1002463

You had a bad lcd/connector, either it was fucked from the start or you fucked the cable on it. Either way you need a new one, you can't fix that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.