[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, so my lcd monitor screen just recently fucked up, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: Backlight.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Backlight.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Hey guys, so my lcd monitor screen just recently fucked up, it takes a loooooong time for it to "light up" even though the screen is already on but very dim, it was a few minutes at the beggining now its literally hours. You can still barely see half the screen in a dark room. It also makes a constant high pitched buzzing while on that disapears when the screen lights up.

Its kinda weird, I have to wait for it to suddenly light up, then automatically turn off on its own after a few seconds and I MUST be there to light it up again as fast as possible, 4 or 5 times for it to stabilize and work normally, those steps are pretty quick. If i dont light it up again fast and let it rest it'll restart the whole light up thing which takes hours.

Its like it has go heat up or something, is it my backlight/bulb or my inverter that is fucked? Or maybe something else ?

Just would be a waste to throw a working monitor for something I could fix. Cheaply myself.

Any advice appreciated
>>
>>1002392
its a ccfl screen right (not a led backlight one)? if so you need to get some new lamp(s) for it.
its a pain in the ass to replace since you have to disassemble the panel to get to the lamps and you need to get the exact same lamp or you might need to replace the inverter too (there should be some inscriptions on the lamp or the lamp socket indicating its model)
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlight#CCFL_backlights
gl
>>
>>1002403
oh and i forgot to add, the thing with the screen turning off on its own could indicate some bad capacitors (blown or bulged). so you might wanna check that first before tearing the panel apart. (caps are cheap and easy to replace, get the same rating [volts and farads] and line up the negative side and you should be golden)
>>
>>1002392
>Just would be a waste to throw a working monitor for something I could fix
>takes hours and careful attention to turn on
>working
>>
File: tmp_12464-lTwhrbzl1782689989.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12464-lTwhrbzl1782689989.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>1002392
Phosphor backlight tube is dead, the inverter could be fucked too after many years of use, ccfl backlights are pretty shitty and replacing the tube involves complete disassembly of the screen, popping the metal frame surrounding it.
>>
>>1002403
Oh yeah this is a pretty old monitor, a big acer X233h, from 2007/09 so finding the exact same lamp might be a pain ? ill check the capacitors and hope its the problem. If the capacitors are defaillant though could it affect the lamps and damage them or would everything work fine after the replacement ?

Because the screen works perfectly fine after it lights up, takes time though.

Thank you for the answer anon.

>>1002411
Well it does technically work perfectly until it's turned off, so I just used to let it run on sleep screen mode.

>>1002414
>that setting
Kek, but just for the sake of curiosity does that really work fine ?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1200
>>1002424
>Because the screen works perfectly fine after it lights up, takes time though.
busted/bulging caps (that take too long to reach a minimal charged state) can also do that.
if there are any leaked caps they are most likely the ones on the bottom right of pic related (assuming thats the inverter+psu pcb of your screen) but do check all of them
gl
>>
>>1002427
Well thanks again anons
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.