[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good tips to keep black berries from growing back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: CjpmPJ4XEAAmPjK.jpg (196 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
CjpmPJ4XEAAmPjK.jpg
196 KB, 894x894
What are some good tips to keep black berries from growing back every year? I've been cutting them down to the dirt for two years now but they just keep coming back.
>>
>>1001330
>>1001330
Pull all the roots out. Done. Sometimes you also need to losen the soil around them because some can be quite stubborn.
>>
>>1001330
Dis: >>1001378

You can leave no root behind. You gotta rip all that shit out.
>>
>>1001330
There always Round-Up, OP.
>>
>>1001403
haven't they banned that cancer-causing plague shit in all civilised* countries yet?
>*with apologies and sympathies if murican (hey, you were gonna die of something anyway)
>>
>>1001411
Isn't DDT still in use in many non-civilized countries?
>>
>>1001330
Ortho brush-b-gone. But why???
>>
Drill and fill or cut and paint with glyphosate.
>>
Pick un a shovel and digout the roots
>>
>>1001498
Glypohsate ain't gonna really work because it is specific to monocots, but blackberry is a dicot. What you need is some 2-4-D. It's probably still legal where you're at, if your in North America; sometimes goes by names such as weedar64 or others. Sometimes it's listed as a restricted use chemical, and I have a restricted use chemical handler license, so it was never a problem for me, but even without the license you may still be able to buy it down at a tractor supply company if they have those in your area, or just buy it off the internet. Just remember to use it as the label tells you, and if the plant dies within 2-3 days you used way too much and you're going to have to go back later and do it again; it works slowly but it's fucking boss! About 1 cup to 5 gallons of water is probably about right for you. Make that 1/4 cup to 1.25 gallons of water for your application, to keep the total volume appropriate. Speay it in the middle of the daytime. When the leaves are most vulnerable.
Hope that helps.
>>
>>1001330
Dude,you gotta do more than just cut it down, basically anything grows back if you do that.
>>
>>1001414
Some African countries and maybe India still use it in their malaria programs. It's cheap and reasonably effective, if the mosquitoes aren't overly resistant to it.
What does DDT and its problems have to do with Roundup and its suspected carcinogenity?
>>
could just put some copper nails into the roots or rooting area that should do it
>>
>>1001330
>killing blackberries.
Damn nigga you fuckin up hard
>>
>>1001330
Soak them in salt water before eating, enjoy looking at all the bugs.
>>
>>1001330
Bleach. Be advised this will kill everything else in the vacinity.
>>
>>1001330
put down a tarp.
>>
rent goats then torch the area
>>
>>1001411
chemicals are scary :(
>>
Diesel.
>>
Salt the earth or engine oil or any harsh chemical.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.