[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ol pSN6_TCc Could this pri
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0olpSN6_TCc

Could this principle be used to actually bury the shipping container? Just dig out around farther and place reinforcing layers? I suppose youd still need some reinforcement for the roof
>>
>>1000786
>>
>>1000786
If you are going to build a basement to put a container in, why not just build a basement?
>>
It'd be easier to excavate and build a proper concrete enclosure.
>>
>>1000788
becuase i imagine (and correct me if im wrong, i dont know much about this) the walls, flooring and ceiling would cost a lot more and be a lot mroe work for a proper basement than digging a big hole and dumping shipping container in. Why did people want to use the shipping container int he first place? and surely with normal basements they also use some kind of reinforcement like this? or is a cinderblock wall strong enough on its own?
>>
>>1000793
Generally they use concrete and steel to reinforce the cinder block. Also you put a concrete footing under the cinder block but you do that away. In either case you would still need a floor of some type under the container or the bottom would rust out.
>>
>>1000786
and what are you going to do when that shit rusts out in a year?
>>
>>1000793
>the walls, flooring and ceiling would cost a lot more and be a lot mroe work for a proper basement than digging a big hole and dumping shipping container in
Moving big things is not that cheap or easy. You can dig and lay block on your own time.
>>
File: 1452948587438.jpg (62 KB, 566x626) Image search: [Google]
1452948587438.jpg
62 KB, 566x626
>there will never be a time when /diy/ is rid of buried container threads
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.