[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An app idea I came up with for redecorating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 2014-07-16.jpg (103 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-16.jpg
103 KB, 1000x667
Hey bros, checkout my idea for an app I came up with:

An app/website that’ll help you decorate your room/house to any style of living that you're seeking. The user would simply take a few pictures of the room (perhaps a picture in each corner of the room), and the app would then suggest where furniture you’d need and where it should be placed, for superior comfortability.

Upon taking pictures of the room, the users would select which theme they’re is looking for, and once selected the app will provide a variety of suggestions in what you'll need, by overlaying furniture items on the pics taken. If not looking for a specific theme, the app could at the very least help tell you how to efficiently organize the room, etc.

Once the suggested layout is finalized, the users can move the provided house items around to tweak the result to more of their liking. There’ll also be feature that’ll “reset” the room you’re in, by blanking out all furniture etc. so the user can start the room with a clean slate, and furniture items inside the room from a catalog. Having the app give the blanked out room a whole selected theme will also be an option.

There’ll be plethora of social networking features, such as sharing before/after shots, creating/uploading your created room themes (by mixing items from various other theme options into one), as well as uploading the blanked out ‘reset’ pictures of your room online, so friends and users around the world can provide their suggestions for you, amongst other features.

Give me your legitimate criticism/suggestions, bros.
>>
Summer pls go
>>
>>1000724
yeah, good luck making that
>>
>>1000724
marketing exercise?
>>
lmao people are still trying to figure out how to get computers to recognize single objects in pictures. good luck getting an entire room to work
>>
Million dollar idea, bro. Gook luck writing it.
>>
>>1000724
That's a good idea, but the problem is that everyone's design sensibilities are different, and interior design itself is one of those things that humanity has been doing since literally forever but hasn't seen fit to document properly until the 70s. Kinda like how "game design" has only a real thing you can talk about without laughed at for about 5-10 years, even though Pong was literally perfect in 1972 and hasn't ever not been perfect.
>>
>>1000764
I've seen sites where you can upload pictures of your room, and it'll automatically photoshop the walls to be different colors to help you choose a paint scheme. It's possible, but difficult.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.