[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, my landlord wants me to sell his barbecue, he just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0509.jpg (3 MB, 6522x1810) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0509.jpg
3 MB, 6522x1810
Hey /diy/, my landlord wants me to sell his barbecue, he just said he wants $100 for it. It hasn't been looked after at all. I gave the outside a hose down and I'm not sure if I should clean the hot plate and grill and shit before I sell it, I'll be putting it up on a facebook buy swap sell group so I doubt the people wanting to buy it would be like barbecue enthusiasts. Reckon I should just put it up 'as is'? All four burners and the heat indicator works fine, the stove top burner thing on the right of it is buggered though.

I'm just thinking he only wants $100 for it, the gas bottle is included. I don't think I should have to go out and buy some barbecue cleaner and try to really clean it up when he just wants $100 for it. What do you guys think?
I'm Aussie.
>>
Fuck it, a $100 is cheap for a used gas grill. AND it come with a tank of LP? I'd snatch that right up! That's a good deal...especially considering how much grills cost now days.
>>
>>1000483
Uhh, why is that your responsibility? Did you offer to do his work? Is this not illegal in backwards-flushland?
>>
>>1000483
if you have a wire brush or some steel wool, that might work to clean it up a little, but unless you're doing it as a favor or are getting something out of it, you shouldn't be doing anything with it at all....
>>
I hope you're at least getting a hot dicking out of this before you continue to waste your time.
Hell maybe you could ``buy" it yourself and pocket whatever's left over after the $100.
>>
OP, you don’t have to shit before you sell it, unless nature happens to call before the big sale comes up.
>>
>>1000483

You ain't getting $100 for that thing as it sits. There's a good bit of work to do on it.

Here's what you do:

1) Clean all the food/grease off the inside of the lid, grates, burners, etc. (https://www.google.com/search?q=cleaning+grill&oq=cleanin&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59.3318j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

2) Inspect grates and burners. Are they rusted out? If so, you'll want to replace them. Enter the model number into Amazon--they'll have replacement parts for <$100.

3) Take those side shelves off and spray paint them with a matte black. Put the shelves back on after they dry.

Now you have practically a new grill. Give your dumb landlord $50 and say thanks.
>>
>>1000502
>>1000565
>>1000917
This this and this

What are you getting out of this? Why can't he sell it himself? Why do you have to do it? The relationship of landlord and tenant is simple, you pay rent and don't fuck up the house and he supplies the house that they have to keep from falling over.

If you're doing this and getting some kind of reward (Some of the cash probably) put it up on Gumtree now for $100 and then get to work on cleaning it, if someone buys it as is, then score, less work for you, if someone doesn't buy it, then update the gumtree ad with the cleaner version, if it still doesn't sell tell your landlord to go fuck himself and sell it himself.

Considering Bunnings has some 4 burner barbecues for $150 (obviously not as good as the one pictured, but they are in better condition) I don't like your chances.
>>
>>1000483
I'll give you $100 for it.
>>
File: CC2NVieUkAAwrkV[1].jpg (98 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CC2NVieUkAAwrkV[1].jpg
98 KB, 600x600
do this.

but get a cover for it so they don't bust you.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.