[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Heisz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: photo.jpg (7 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
7 KB, 100x100
So I'm at the meetup in Toronto with I Build It / John Heisz.

Thoughts? Should I ask him what he thinks of /diy/?
>>
Told him about 4chan. Here's never heard of it.

Says he hates forums. Welp.
>>
>>1000360
Nice thread. Wrapped up well. I like ones with closure.
Good thing this isn't a forum, it's an image board dedicated to Cambodian Rice Paintings.
>>
Tell him to throw a bass in his voice. It's like listening to a palm sander when he talks.
>>
>>1000360
Nah Fuck him. The mug. And that daft cut Matt Cremona with his fake laugh.

Is this that whopping great circle jerk of morons with cameras exploiting trades people have been doing for generations?
>>
File: IMG_20160528_193045201.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_193045201.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>1000379
Are you always a massive faggot?

Yeah, I could have made a better thread.
Here's a push stick for yer ass.

>>1000399
Yes. I asked him about our lad AvE. He doesn't seem to like him.
>>
>>1000404
>push stick

I'm not sure why you'd want a push stick that big considering the size of material you'd be cutting that would require one.
>>
>>1000404
AvE? What's that got to do with 'woodworkers' blowing each other?
>>
>>1000399
Be more insecure you monstrous faggot. Exploiting trades people?? Are you a fucking dribbling spastic? What the actual fuck are you saying?
>>
>>1000412
Nice bait.
>>
>>1000413
How about explain whatever retarded shit you're spewing instead of hiding behind tired pre-canned 4chan faggot responses?
>>
>>1000411
YouTube "makers" measuring dicks.
>>
>>1000430
>"makers"
Why the quotation marks?
>>
>>1000435
Not a slight on them or diy, I just hate the word because its associated with faggots who make LEDs blink.
>>
>>1000437
Fair enough. I can understand that.
>Check out my 3D printed R2-D2, I'm a maker!
>>
>>1000399
To be fair, people have "exploited" far less for far more.

Actually, what am I saying? What kind of self-loathing communist do you have to be to suggest that people shouldn't share their hobbies for some exposure? There's a need for interest in the trades.
>>
>>1000416
>>1000461

What I'm saying is there is a long list of people on YouTube who think they're hot shit because of the amount of people that que to kiss their ass hole and lick the soles of their shoes clean, and why?

Simply because they do what other people have done got decades in front of a camera.

You were so defensive. That's exactly why I mean this is one massive circle jerk. People making thousands of dollars (fair play to them but in any event) because people can't wait to suck them off.

And after all is considered this whole makersphere bullshit is simply that.
>>
>>1000617
No, I get that that's how it is, that they make a few thousand dollars a month for making videos of a hobby off of their fanbase (they're pretty open about that), but you're pretty delusional in thinking that's the "problem" with making.

I don't think you appreciate how long it takes to produce even a simple video properly (longer than what they make in it at the very least), and I don't think you've seen the caliber of faggotry happening at the universities and the "maker faires". This is nothing. Absolutely nothing. Those guys make LEDs blink in an "artisan wooden" popsicle stick box, show it in a hipster hall with a cool logo and company name, and they get far more than these guys and their virtual tip jar. (And in video production, you get some bitch in front of a webcam with no editing and they get more views and patreon bux than these guys do)

So a fucker gets an extra tool in his shop and gets enough cash to maybe not have to work during time he could be editing. Big deal. You seem pretty salty, like you don't want these guys advertising your sekrit club or for making money that isn't purely on contract work.

There are dumb people willing to throw money at anything, and that's sad, but as for a master-plan to exploit that? This isn't the greatest. Not even close.
>>
>>1000617
I should add, these guys were pretty humble IRL. Hung out and spoke like anyone else in the room. Maybe you have a different experience with YouTube stardom getting to people's heads (I'm sure it happens).
>>
>>1000617
You're right. This sort of information deserves to be locked away and safe guarded by craft guilds and only distributed through verified corporate channels and magazines monthly. How dare some nobody make a detailed video on dovetailing a chest of drawers for the intermediate craftsman or a video on how to fit architrave for the intimidated homeowner or a video on multi axis wood turning for the experienced but bored hobbyist?
I mean,I can do those things too but where's my recognition? I know I haven't made any content and have no online presence but where's my money? My skills are being exploited by the youtue illuminate help!
>>
>>1000643
>Internet Illuminati
>Google Gestapo
>YouTube Yakuza

My sides.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.