[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do these mother fuckers keep getting into my apartment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: fucking cunts.jpg (15 KB, 600x288) Image search: [Google]
fucking cunts.jpg
15 KB, 600x288
How the fuck do these mother fuckers keep getting into my apartment?

My place is spotless and usually always is, sink is empty, bathroom is dry, no leaks in any pipes, the only place I can think of is the dishwasher that's backing up, but I never use it and it seals closed so I don't bother

I don't have plants or any fruits/veg laying around. All my food is in the fridge or in the counter.

I put out vinegar traps and in two weeks, they caught about 10 total. So it's not like I have an infestation, but they're getting in somehow

There's a tiny, 1mm or so crack in my front door when it is locked, and I'm thinking they're getting in thru that gap. But it's so tiny and fruit flies are fucking retarded so IDK if that's possible

Also I'm not even sure they're fruit flies. Sometimes the bodies are clear with red eyes, sometimes they're black. I poured bleach down every drain in my apartment, but that didn't change anything. Also I saw a fungus gnat earlier.

Maybe my fucking upstairs room mate has a clogged drain and she's not cleaning it?
>>
It's the same one all the time, the ones in the traps are decoys
It's trying to claim the apartment as it's own by convincing you you're crazy
It's how they do it in the wild, nature is wonderful
>>
>>1000154
They may be drain flys, not fruit flies. We once got a small "infestation" in our clean apartment because they did some maintenance on the pipes and these fuckers showed up.

The problem is that they reproduce so quickly, like in a matter of hours, so you have to get rid of all of them at the same time. What finally worked for us was leaving lit candels right next to every drain in the apartment, then turning off all of the lights. Since the only light the flies could see was the candels, they would fly in to the flame and kill themselves. It took doing that for a few days in a row, but it eventually worked.
>>
Ive had a straight infestation fixed by putting some old fruit or wine in dish soapy water, in a jar with a cone or seran wrap trap, anything with a small opening. They cant resist the scent of fermentaion, and they cant eacape the surface tension of the soapy water
>>
>>1000229
I've left vinegar and dishsoap traps out and they work, but I gotta kill the source

>>1000194
not drain flies; I took a pic of one and confirmed they were fruit flies. at one point I was convinced they were drain flies too, hence the bleach. But that clearly didn't help.

>>1000182
This is actually what I'm starting to believe.
>>
File: stupid fucking cunt.png (934 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
stupid fucking cunt.png
934 KB, 640x1136
>>
>>1000154
>How the fuck do these mother fuckers keep getting into my apartment?

what, bananas?
>>
>>1000154
Bananas are typically found in a grocery store or supermarket, but it's habitat ranges to gas stations and coffee shops as well.

They have likely entered your home on your person from one of these locations, so you need to throughly check yourself for bananas whenever you return from anyplace outside your home, or after interacting with others at the above locations, including coworkers, hipsters, and friends.

A banana infestation could be costly, as they have a tendency to cost you money when acquired. If you find yourself low on funds, be sure to check yourself for bananas.

Not only are they radioactive, but these potassium monsters are also highly Rich in potassium.

Also, it's all yours, my friend.
>>
>>1000292
M8 that doesn't look like any fruit fly I've seen, you're fucked.
>Totally not a bot fly.
>>
>>1000292
That's definitely not a drug fly. What country do you live in?
>>
>>1000469
*fruit
>>
>>1000469
whoa whoa whoa, there are flies on my drugs?
>>
Just so you know OP bananas can come with there eggs already injected onto the bananas. Please wash them. When I found this out I was lost and had a midlife crisis.

Good luck OP
>>
>>1000292
that's not a drosophila m7
>>
Tequila traps work well

Just like a dirty mexican, they can not resist some yummy tequila

As other anon has said, they reproduce quickly, kill them all
>>
>>1000725
Thas limes, you tard - how you gonna trap a banana with tequilla? Just end up drunk, slip and injure yourself.
>>
>>1000372
Multiple kecks
>>
They lay eggs on the fruit in the plantations, wherever that may be.

Several says later you buy the fruit and voila, eggs in your home.

Moral: Wash your fresh fruit - that will not eliminate them completely but might help reduce them.
>>
>>1000182
This one speaks the true true.
>>
File: IMG_20160602_222858624.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160602_222858624.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
Shock eléctric lamp.
>>
>apartment
>pest problem

Kill your neighbors in any unit that shares a wall with yours. Stash the bodies offsite, or you'll attract more flies. Then clean their apartments too.

Alternatively, call the landlord/rental office and tell them the disgusting shits that live near your are attracting pests. Less fun that way though.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.