[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superman: Coming of the Supermen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10
File: IGNpg3.jpg (348 KB, 601x914) Image search: [Google]
IGNpg3.jpg
348 KB, 601x914
Are you ready for Neal Adams' Superman Odyssey /co/?

>IGN: To wrap up, what would you say to fans who are excited to read Coming of the Supermen?

>Adams: Well, what I would say to fans is find a copy of Batman: Odyssey and read it all the way through, all the way to the end. Be shocked and amazed the way people are that have ready all the way to the end, and then understand what they expect in Superman. Because you're going to see Coming of the Supermen, and you're going to have a great time -- and it ain't dark.
>>
File: IGNpg4.jpg (345 KB, 601x914) Image search: [Google]
IGNpg4.jpg
345 KB, 601x914
>On the other hand, since I'm a realistic type of character, I'm trying to do a realistic Superman. So when he does get hit in the face with a girder, he does fall and get hurt, and maybe he gets a bruise. He's a superman, but he's not a god. So I feel very strongly that the Superman I'm doing is Jerry and Joe's, and I feel that I'm in that tradition. I'm enjoying that tradition. Because after all, in a weird kind of way, it's the only tradition for me since that's what I started with, and that's what I continue with. So I'm not going all the way out -- you know, I'm not a lefty, I'm not a righty; I'm right down the middle of Superman being Superman. I like the idea of utilizing the two words in that: "super" and "man." I want him to be a Son of America. I want him to believe in the things that we believe in. I want him to use his best abilities, to do the best things. I don't want him to let people die. Of course, I don't want him to break villains' necks, as it happened in the movie. That's not the Superman that I believe in. I believe Superman would win by not doing that. I like that Superman.

>I also like a Superman that is real and that, when women look at him, they go, "Hmm, nice. Nice." I want a Superman that women will fall in love with. I want a Superman that men will look up to, that somehow he manages to go out and work out and add muscles to his body that he wasn't born with necessarily, but that developed, as a person who takes care of himself and takes care of his health. When you look at him, guys go, "Wow, that guy looks good," and when women look at him they go, "Hm. I like that." I want an attractive Superman, and that's what I'm trying to do: somebody that women will fall in love with and somebody that guys appreciate and look up to.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/13/superman-will-be-heroic-handsome-and-wont-break-necks-in-coming-of-the-supermen
>>
File: IGNpg5.jpg (355 KB, 601x914) Image search: [Google]
IGNpg5.jpg
355 KB, 601x914
>Adams: Okay, this has been in science fiction for decades and has been talked about by people on the Internet. They say that there's a planet on the other side of the Sun that we can't see because it's on the other side of the Sun. So it's there, and it's very Earth-like. So I'm taking that planet -- I'm taking over that planet -- and I'm settling a new Krypton onto that planet. Superman settles the new Kryptonians onto that planet so that they can grow up to be new Supermen. Now, unfortunately, Darkseid in this story has also discovered that planet, and he has decided that he's going to settle the new Apokolips there. It's very, very bad, and in fact so bad that the people of New Krypton send people, free men, to Earth to take over the job that Superman normally does and to let Superman go and somehow rescue New Krypton, because of course he settled it.

>So now we have Darkseid, New Apokolips, three new Supermen, Luthor, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Superman and a little boy and his dog. [Laughs] There's quite a bit. I've got all of Jack Kirby's characters; I've got Orion, I've got Kalabak, I've got Granny Goodness, I've got Big Barda, Mister Miracle, Desaad -- I've got all those guys inhabiting all of this. They are the way they were when Jack Kirby created them, when I fell in love with them as characters. And we have quite a battle for six issues between all of these characters. I cannot tell you the plot of course because you have to read it, and I cannot tell you the ending because, as shocking as it is, it would really spoil it. But let me tell you, it is a shocker. And the name of the shock is in the title of the story: The Coming of the Supermen.
>>
>>77479697
>Be shocked and amazed the way people are that have ready all the way to the end, and then understand what they expect in Superman.

Hell yeah, I'm actually hoping this is as crazy as Batman Odyssey.
>>
>>77479697
You bet your ass I am.
>>
File: IGNpg6.jpg (356 KB, 601x914) Image search: [Google]
IGNpg6.jpg
356 KB, 601x914
>Adams: They have the high collars. They look a little bit more like Jim Lee's Superman. Mine looks a little bit like the old-fashioned Superman. I have trouble with the collar because of course, how do you talk to Clark Kent and have that collar not appear? I don't know, so I'm being allowed to do Superman as Superman, and use that new uniform on the other Supermen. They've got personalities, and they're kind of fun. One of them's a gruff, tough guy; one of them is very heroic; and one of them is funny. They do have personalities. They are a lot of fun, and they took off time from their job to do this.

>IGN: When you first announced the book, you described them as the Three Musketeers meets the Three Stooges. Could you elaborate on that?

>Adams: Well, I think in the Three Stooges, if you think of the Three Stooges -- what's the movie, Gunga Din? You know Gunga Din? Cary Grant is one of the characters, and Douglas Fairbanks Jr. I believe is one of them. And then the rough guy, [Victor McLaglen]. It's like if those three characters transported into these three Supermen. So they're not the Three Stooges; they're in effect the three rough-and-tumble guys who work against and for each other -- and they're learning superpowers. That's sort of them. That's the personalities.

this sounds delightfully insane
>>
Is it possible to truly prepare?
>>
I'm more excited for it because I think the brand of Crazy fits Superman's huge bombastic world better.
>>
File: 1286561307604.jpg (216 KB, 720x1104) Image search: [Google]
1286561307604.jpg
216 KB, 720x1104
>>77479742
Be prepared to live the most wonderful experience of your life.
>>
Better end with this all being a story told to Batman
>>
>>77479705
>I also like a Superman that is real and that, when women look at him, they go, "Hmm, nice. Nice." I want a Superman that women will fall in love with.

That's nearly every Superman though, he is the perfect husbando
>>
>>77479812
If it doesn't involve hairy shirtless Clark telling the story to hairy shirtless Bruce I want no part of it
>>
>>77479812
That would be beautiful
>>
>>77479716
>Lightray not listed

why tho
>>
This is gonna be fucked up and I'm going to love it.
>>
I hope he does batshit crazy minis for more characters

Can you just imagine what kind of nonsense he could dream up for Flash or GL?
>>
OLD MAN

WARNING

OLD MAN
>>
>>77479944
>he could dream up for Flash or GL

Flash AND GL
>>
File: LegionLittleMan.jpg (33 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
LegionLittleMan.jpg
33 KB, 300x266
I wanna see Adams do crazy ass Silver Age Legion stuff. C'mon Neil, you know you wanna
>>
File: 56868.jpg (53 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
56868.jpg
53 KB, 600x900
Christ this is EXACTLY what Superman needs right now.

As great as the insanity was in Batman Odyssey it actually fits and makes sense for Superman. Plus he's using the New Gods and Neal is one of the only people crazy enough to pull off a genuine Kirby style comic.
>>
File: 1413435807207.jpg (3 KB, 185x82) Image search: [Google]
1413435807207.jpg
3 KB, 185x82
>>77479982
YES
>>
File: gordon will club you.jpg (93 KB, 376x362) Image search: [Google]
gordon will club you.jpg
93 KB, 376x362
>>77479697
Yeah, I'm in.

It'll be horrible but entertaining at least.
>>
File: 1431329750613.gif (2 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1431329750613.gif
2 MB, 400x320
>>77479982
>>
How will his hollow, expanding Earth theories make it into this story? Earth is Apokolips in the making?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.