[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does Tintin ever have any attractive women in it? Asterix has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: C12 08 D3 COLOR.jpg (387 KB, 590x684) Image search: [Google]
C12 08 D3 COLOR.jpg
387 KB, 590x684
does Tintin ever have any attractive women in it?

Asterix has a few, Spirou has a bunch, then there's stuff like Melusine, and Wakfu

but Tintin is fairly devoid of hot young women
>>
File: lineclaire.jpg (58 KB, 371x337) Image search: [Google]
lineclaire.jpg
58 KB, 371x337
The only major female character in Tintin is Bianca Castafiore. Hergé seemed to be fairly hostile to women ever since his boss basically arranged his marriage to his secretary. If Hergé had been able to finish his last album, Tintin and Alph-Art, he was going to introduce a new female character named Martine Vandezande (pic related).
>>
>>77459534
My understanding is, it was less a resentment towards women and more an old fashioned, chivalroc attitude that women had to be kept safe and away from the kinds of adventures Tintin often embarked on.
>>
>>77459623
To be fair, there is no major role necessiting a female character in Tintin. It's pure pulp adventure without family, romance, or much social interaction. Hergé could have put some, but their absence isn't detrimental to the story (like the absence of hot young males isn't detrimental in early Melusine).
I think there is some very minor female roles that are attractive, IIRC some roms in the castafiore's jewel, a couple of people during a metting in the cigars of the pharaoh, tchang adoptive mother, and a nurse there and there). But Tintin has a lot of satire in it, and apart from the main character (which was meant to be asexued according to hergé) there isn't any male character that is supposed to be attractive. Maybe Ottokar but that's more majestic royalty than hotness.

Also, putting women in comics targeting children was seen as a gate to debauchery at the time, the moral gardians would have shunned it. Its a completely different period compared to the other titles OP has cited, even Asterix. Similar works from the same period (Blake & Mortimer, Alix) suffer from the same issue.
>>
File: Loch_Lomond.jpg (31 KB, 332x315) Image search: [Google]
Loch_Lomond.jpg
31 KB, 332x315
The Loch Lomond girl.
>>
>>77460005
Yes, the first thing you have to keep in mind about Tintin is that it was a comic strip published in a Catholic newspaper.
>>
I doubt he hated women. He just didn't see any point in getting them mixed up in adventures.
>>
>>77458494
I distinctly remember watching the Tintin cartoons as a kid and never noticing any females on the show.
>>
Chang is probably the closest Herge got to a damsel in distress.

Come to think about it what the fuck was that about? Some psychic link or sonething telling Tintin?
>>
>>77462156
Herge did Tintin In Tibet because of nightmares he had where everything was white. The nightmares ended when he divorced his wife.
>>
>>77462156
Tintin and Chang were pretty gay for eachother right? I'm not imagining that?
>>
>>77462342
Tintin loves his ethnic jailbait
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.