[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Batman v Superman' Fallout: Warner Bros. Shakes Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110
File: goeff-johns-batman.jpg (99 KB, 1024x737) Image search: [Google]
goeff-johns-batman.jpg
99 KB, 1024x737
The fallout from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice continues to ripple through Warner Bros.

The Burbank-based studio is making changes to the way it handles its DC Entertainment-centered films, giving oversight of the feature projects to a pair of executives and creating a dedicated division for the films. Current exec vp Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, DC's CCO who successfully launched the comics label's foray into television, will co-run DC Films, according to multiple sources. Warner Bros. declined to comment.

This move is part of a broader refinement of executive roles at Warners, which has suffered a disappointing run of movies and has vexed producers and filmmakers, some of whom complain about a murky greenlight process.

Instead of a broad range of movies to oversee, executives will be charged with managing “genre streams" while reporting to Warner Bros. Pictures president Greg Silverman. In many cases, these streams formalize interests and specialties for specific execs. Courtenay Valenti, for example, will now oversee all Lego Movie projects as well as the Harry Potter line that begins with November's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Senior production executives Jesse Ehrman and Niija Kuykendall will focus more on comedy/family and sci-fi/action, respectively, according to sources

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-v-superman-fallout-warner-895174?utm_source=twitter.
>>
Further executive changes are anticipated, including a potential hire at the senior level.

Berg was already working on BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League. He also is the conduit to Ben Affleck, having worked with the actor-filmmaker on Argo and Live By Night, the crime thriller Affleck recently wrapped as director, writer and star for the studio.

Comics writer-turned-exec Johns, meanwhile, masterminded the ascension of shows such as Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl and is the writer behind DC's upcoming Rebirth, the publishing side's reboot of its titles that will play out over the summer months. Johns is not leaving DC, according to sources, but adding film to his portfolio.

Johns will still report to DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson while Berg will report to Silverman.

With Berg and Johns, Warners is attempting to unify the disparate elements of the DC movies with a seasoned film exec and a comics veteran that together can hopefully emulate the way Marvel Studios has produced its films under the vision of president Kevin Feige. But sources also say Warners still wants to remain filmmaker-driven. As part of the new job, Berg and Johns will become producers on the Justice League movies.

The muted reception of BvS, from a box office and critical point of view, is the flashpoint for the changes. The studio had high hopes for the movie, which pitted its top heroes against each other. The door was opened for director Zack Snyder to be involved in shaping the look and content of the entire DC line, which is scheduled through 2020. But critics and fans ripped into the first movie and especially Snyder for perceived missteps including its heroes' unheroic behavior and the dark tone. BvS, which cost at least $300 million to make, has grossed under $870 million worldwide since its March 25 release.
>>
In stark contrast, Marvel Studios’ Captain America: Civil War is heading towards $1 billion in less than two weeks of release. The movie too pitted heroes against each other but Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors (while tackling more serious themes) are clearly resonating with audiences.

So Warners is attempting a course correction.

The shuffle, as well as Berg and Johns' new positions, come as other changes are being implemented on the DC movies. For example, Affleck was recently made executive producer on Justice League, upping his creative involvement when it comes to all things Batman and perhaps beyond.

Warners parted ways with screenwriter Seth Grahame-Smith who was to have made his directorial debut with The Flash. In another example of post-BvS fallout, the studio didn’t feel confident in a first-time director and is now looking for a more seasoned filmmaker who can not only handle a large $150 million-plus movie but who can also have an authoritative stamp.

And the studio is working to smooth out the third act of Suicide Squad, its big August movie from director David Ayer that could change the perception of its DC line. The movie’s trailers have generated massive positive interest in the all-star actioner that features DC villains and the studio wants to make sure audiences’ expectations are not only met but exceeded.

Squad recently went under major additional photography (multiple sources say it was not to add humor) to clear up the issues. Sources say that it was Squad that escalated Johns’ involvement in DC movies and that he is involved in the movie’s post-production.
>>
>>82874445
>>82874496
>>82874552
Wow
>>
>>82874445
>Current exec vp Jon Berg and Geoff Johns, DC's CCO who successfully launched the comics label's foray into television, will co-run DC Films

BASED GEOFF JOHNS LITERALLY GOING TO SAVE DC CINEMA
>>
>>82874496
>The muted reception of BvS, from a box office and critical point of view, is the flashpoint for the changes.
>flashpoint

Intentional?

Or is it Hypercrisis?
>>
>>82874496
>Johns will still report to DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson while Berg will report to Silverman.

All that means is that directors/writers have to convince either or both Johns and Berg, who then have to pitch to their superiors, and finally to Tsujihara. It can get messy, but not so much different than most film productions. It would not surprise me if they're thinking of pulling movies out of the Snyders' production company after Justice League 1.
>>
>>82874445
>Instead of a broad range of movies to oversee, executives will be charged with managing “genre streams" while reporting to Warner Bros. Pictures president Greg Silverman. In many cases, these streams formalize interests and specialties for specific execs
What exactly does this mean?
>>
>>82874445
>Get their own "Kevin Feige"s
>AFTER releasing two very flawed films with tons of crowded setup-mcguffins from other 10 movies
>AND AMIDST the various stage of production of their next 3 entries in the DCEU

See WB, this, is exactly were you fucking fail.

Capekino my ass, Marvel at least had the decency to take their time with their capeshit, WB is doing it all at once and backwards even, fuck, they want to fly before learning to walk....
>>
>based cereal god will save us from Snyder

will it be enough?
>>
I'm glad Cereal King is moving up the ladder.
>>
>>82874552
>but Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors (while tackling more serious themes) are clearly resonating with audiences.
Can we drop this as the outright BvS excuse. The movie was terribly put together, the best assessment I've seen is that it read like a damn power point presentation.

With that said, the shake up sounds good
>>
>>82874848
Well he got Greg Berlanti a job making a fucking Booster Gold movie, so I'd say he's doing good so far.
>>
>>82874552
>And the studio is working to smooth out the third act of Suicide Squad, its big August movie from director David Ayer that could change the perception of its DC line. The movie’s trailers have generated massive positive interest in the all-star actioner that features DC villains and the studio wants to make sure audiences’ expectations are not only met but exceeded.
>Squad recently went under major additional photography (multiple sources say it was not to add humor) to clear up the issues. Sources say that it was Squad that escalated Johns’ involvement in DC movies and that he is involved in the movie’s post-production.

Awww, shit. I'd rather have a fuckup by Ayer than some executive producer getting in the way and giving us something succesful but unmemorable like most Marvel stuff.
>>
File: wb-dc.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
wb-dc.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>
Snyder's still involved.
>>
>>82874552
>Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors
>bright colors

Where? Cap's outfit might as well be black now. BvS was more vibrant than Civil War.
>>
>>82874800

Do you have to ask, anon? Of course it's Hypercrisis. It's always Hypercrisis.
>>
This sucks, I don't want Johns this involved with movies. I want him writing comics.
>>
>>82874827
It means that WB usually operated by have a circle of execs oversee all movies and be able to make input. This restructuring is trying to make sure the execs are responsible for certain franchises and genres and then report to their own superior in Greg Silverman.
>>
>>82874800
hypercrisis is sometimes intentional
>>
If it means WB can get their shit together and produces good cape film, I'm all down. I'm a DCfag that absolutely despise Snyder's work and I prefer Marvel's movie simply because they are overall better products than what WB releases. Screw company wars. DC having good movies would be beneficial to us, the consumers.
>>
File: tumblr_o4onq67abX1qkwnozo1_500.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4onq67abX1qkwnozo1_500.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>82874910
>>
File: Brilliant Hack Snyder.png (1 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
Brilliant Hack Snyder.png
1 MB, 1920x800
>>82874445
I legitimately do not understand why the FUCK they didn't delay Justice League's production.

They had the metrics. They saw massive percentage drop offs each day after the first weekend. Any retard on /co/ could see just looking at Snyder's history this movie wouldn't fare well critically.

But, nah, lets keep Snyder cause we want to seem different from Marvel Studios but we also not so secretly want to steal from Marvel in the sense NOW we suddenly give a fuck about DC characters and we'll throw all of them on a movie screen. Oh and on top of that, lets have Snyder literally write the base script for JL, in addition to producing it with his wife too.

And lol at anyone that thinks that Suicide Squad's major reshoots isn't the kiss of death. They're literally altering an entire act with over three weeks of reshoots.

Fuck me, firing Snyder is step one on a MASSIVE amount of restructuring necessary to make these comic book adaptations work.
>>
So they're basically structuring it like a comic studio - giving each franchise their own 'editor' of sorts who all report to the main boss. Sounds like it could solve the too many cooks issue. They should have given Johns the Fiege role a long time ago instead of people who don't give a shit about these characters.
>>
>>82874900
>B-But I want bad movies!
Is this some new kind of bait?
>>
This is the exact same dividing of the house that Marvel did in the 90s that lead them to bankruptcy.
>>
File: bingo.jpg (290 KB, 974x1104) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
290 KB, 974x1104
Cereal King really will save us
>>
>>82875113
>They're literally altering an entire act with over three weeks of reshoots.
No they aren't. They filmed some new action set piece, that was it.
>>
>>82874445
>>82874496
>>82874552

This is exactly what I feared. They're just gonna add more jokes, won't they?

Jesus christ, it's like, they actively want to fuck it up.
>>
>>82875181
It's mising a "Martha" space, 9/10
>>
fuck, just get rid of snyder and problems fucking solved. fuck.
>>
Fucking took them long enough, holy shit.
>>
>>82874552
>Marvel's lighter tone and bright colors (while tackling more serious themes)
You mean, the same themes?
>>
>>82875200
Ayer go to bed.
>>
>>82875227
they can't fuck it up more than they already did. it's literally not possible
>>
>>82875288
>FIVE movies in
>Hey guys, maybe we need someone to supervise every project and take things slow before starting a cinematic universe

I swear WB is run by monkeys.
>>
File: timmanddini.gif (82 KB, 390x271) Image search: [Google]
timmanddini.gif
82 KB, 390x271
>Geoff Johns
>Green Lantern (2001) creative consultant
>not these two
The DCEU is doomed
>>
>>82874800
We all know Snyder is the Darkseid of our Earth.
>>
>>82875113
They screwed themselves over placing the production start so close to release of BvS. And it's not like they can all of a sudden drop Snyder without his wife wanting to remove themselves totally from the franchise by taking their production studio away.
>>
Just let Ben run everything.

He seems to be the only one who doesn't look at the IPs as fucking dollar signs.
>>
>>82875147
I think you missed the bit where I called Marvel movies "unmemorable".
I rather have Ayer's own movie, even at risk of it being a failure, than some bland yet succesful movie like the ones Marvel is putting out. I don't want movies made by executives and committes.
>>
>>82875370
I enjoyed GL more than BvS
Insult me, I don't care, I had hugh hopes for the DCEU and now I can only expect Michael Bay level bullshit
>>
Sweet, this means we get a Superman Darkseid dance off. thanks disney,
>>
>>82875407
>Marvel movies [are] "unmemorable"
Extremely so. I continue to challenge people to name anything memorable from Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, or Thor.
>>
>>82874989
He's not that good of a writer. He might be best in a movie position.
>>
>>82874989
eh. he's had a good run. Flash, GL, JSA, JL.
>>
>Berg was already working on BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League. He also is a conduit to Ben Affleck, having worked with the actor-filmmaker on Argo and Live by Night, the crime thriller Affleck recently wrapped as director, writer and star for the studio.

Batman is slowly taking over.
>>
>>82875370
Paul Dini is such a fucking hack and you're delusional if you think otherwise.
Bruce Timm is better off without his awful writing.
>>
>>82875437
>Darkseid... always hated music...
>...but he loved the rhythm.

Cut to Darkseid cutting a rug to the tune of "Boogie Wonderland".
>>
>>82875466
IN A CAVE!
>>
File: sucy.png (44 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
sucy.png
44 KB, 200x200
>>82875227
>hey guys, no one likes Christ-allegory asshole Superman who destroys entire cities and hates being heroic
>also, these films have been pretty shitty just as films
>we should probably rethink our approach
>OMG THEY'RE JUST GOING TO ADD JOKES BECAUSE I THINK ONLY IN MEMES
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 668x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 668x260
>>82875113
>>
File: 1463007020360.jpg (87 KB, 321x321) Image search: [Google]
1463007020360.jpg
87 KB, 321x321
>its a Geoff Johns episode
>>
>>82874445
BASED CEREAL KING

WE ARE SAVED
>>
File: 1425711241751.jpg (173 KB, 719x1112) Image search: [Google]
1425711241751.jpg
173 KB, 719x1112
>>82874552
>all things Batman and perhaps beyond.
Is it happening?
>>
>>82875113
>The first Batman and Superman movie was shit
>The first Justice League movie will be shit

It's not fair.
>>
Only way to save this shit is to go full Multiverse.

Have a big crossover with the CW-verse that ends with their version of Flashpoint. End result is a lighter DCU. Or do a live-action adaptation of New Frontier. DC's choice.
>>
>>82875434
Nah, man. I did too.
I walked out of GL thinking they missed a few opportunities, and the Hot Wheels thing was a tad gratuitous despite being foreshadowed but over all not disgusted and confused at how a ball could be dropped so badly.

BvS broke my heart and I walked out of there more conflicted than I was with HULK '03
>>
File: 1458677442713.jpg (117 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1458677442713.jpg
117 KB, 680x680
>>82875489
>TAS, Beyond, JL, JL: Unlimited, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City
>bad
>>
>>82875486

Its always been "The Batman Universe: Guest starring some other guys".

WB has no idea how to make any DC property work unless it has pointy ears.
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1366x768
>>82875489

wew lad
>>
>>82875489
>Dini
>Hack

Kej
>>
>>82875486
A Batgod so powerful he can rewrite his own cinematic universe.
>>
>Geoff takes over movies
>Still running tv shows
>Supergirl moveing to CW
Is this it /co/, are we on the verge of watching the multiverse open before our very eyes? Will the memetic barrier around Earth 33 fall during our lifetimes? Will we open the door to the multiverse and find the Gentry waiting?
>>
>>82874552
>And the studio is working to smooth out the third act of Suicide Squad,

Holy shit, they're playing with fire here.
They're so fucking desperate to make it work. I bet the first shot scenes will never see the light of day after the reshoots.
>>
>>82875517
Tell me how long those reshoots were, anon

Cause they sure as fuck weren't three weeks and for anything other than fight scenes
>>
>>82875113
>why the FUCK they didn't delay Justice League's production
Because actors and other production members have busy schedules. Vinn Diesel did the voice work for Groot only because it allowed him to also be filming his Fast and Furious movie. His only open spot to be in a new movie wasn't for like four or five years when they were handing out roles.
>>
>>82875388
No he's definitely Desaad
>>
File: 1456257524833.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456257524833.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>82875370
>>
>>82875485
and Aquaman.
>>
>>82875370
Eh they are good with Batman, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Green Arrow, and Black Canary and some of the other heroes but they didn't know WTF to do with characters like Wonder Woman and their GL stuff was kind of shitty in DCAU.
>>
>>82874445
This is some game of thrones shit
>>
File: geoff-hates-it.png (254 KB, 605x652) Image search: [Google]
geoff-hates-it.png
254 KB, 605x652
Outside of Kojima leaving Konami, this is the most animated I have ever seen of Dorito Pope.
>>
File: JL_MagicMike.png (1 MB, 625x961) Image search: [Google]
JL_MagicMike.png
1 MB, 625x961
>>82875437
More like Superman has to lead the Justice League guys in a strip off against Darkseid.

Wonder Woman and Mera fight on the beach agains the Furies.
>>
File: The Multiversity (2015) 02-44.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
The Multiversity (2015) 02-44.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>82875633
I almost hope not. Don't forget who else is waiting for us on the other side.
>>
>>82875485
>forgetting Action Comics

And fuck you, it's not enough.
>>
File: 1460520524518.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1460520524518.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>82875550
>JL1's ending reveals Snyderverse was actually Injustice/Justice Lords universe
>JL2 stars the real JL heroes setting things right
>>
>>82875466
Iron Man had his awesome escape scene and then going back and stopping the Ten Rings
Also "I'm Iron Man"
>>
They fucked up when they had Zack contracted to do three films. In a perfect world, he would've been off of JL after the reception that BvS got and they would've have gotten someone else on it.
>>
>>82875588
>TAS
Dini had really shitty episodes that rarely fit the theme of the series

>Beyond
He had most of the bad episodes

>JL, JLU
Above

>Arkham Asylum/city
The writing was awful.
>>
>>82875466

i cant name a villain in any of the thor movies, Iron Man 2 or 3. Some MCU movies really are completely forgettable
>>
>>82875466
Name something memorable from MoS or BvS that isn't "MAN OF MURDER" or "MARTHA"
>>
>>82874552
>Batman and perhaps beyond

This is some hypercrisis shit
>>
>>82875466
i just remember iron shoulder missiles btfo the terrorists, only because i felt the audience's surprise

fucking hated incredible hulk, i remember it felt so fucking bland
>>
>>82875550
You can just soft reboot and turn the Snyderverse into Earth-3

>CW

the shows are only good tonally, they are still actually bad overall
>>
>>82875653
The director literally said they were to add action scenes

but i'm sure a /tv/ shitposter and/or paid disney shill know better than the director
>>
>>82875633
Remember when Johns got that fungus reference on Flash the same week it was mentioned in a Multiversity issue?

The absolute madman
>>
>>82875742
You're pretending that you forgot about Loki, that's so cute.
>>
>>82875760
JAR OF PISS
>>
>>82875760
>MoS
First flight
>BvS
Batman smashing a sink over supes head.
>>
File: dc in charge of making sense.jpg (83 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
dc in charge of making sense.jpg
83 KB, 500x350
>>82875760
>>
>>82875760
>Stop Invincible son
>I drowned a bunch of horses
>>
Snyder will weather this shitstorm to deliver the magnum opus of his Superman trilogy then he will disappear into the night a hero having planned out this entire universe and cast everyone.

Based Zack
>>
>>82875838
literally who?
>>
File: 1394076435187.jpg (25 KB, 238x225) Image search: [Google]
1394076435187.jpg
25 KB, 238x225
>>82875739
>Over The Edge
>Almost Got 'Im
>Baby-Doll
>Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
>Harley and Ivy
>Mad Love
>The Man Who Killed Batman
>Over The Edge
>Joker's Favor
>Heart of Ice

>bad things
>>
>>82874552
>MCU
>serious themes
what a hilarious kek
>>
>>82875588
He wasnt even head writer for any of those shows!
>>
>>82875478
You. Fucking. What?
>>
File: 1361771248438.png (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1361771248438.png
53 KB, 500x375
>>82874851
>mfw this just means that we'll never get Shazam since Johns is too busy with live-action now
>>
>>82875881

Zack, get off /co/. I'm sure theres still a few supporting members in Superman you can casually kill off.
>>
File: 139060679372.jpg (60 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
139060679372.jpg
60 KB, 500x373
>>82875919
http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episodes_written_by_Paul_Dini
>>
>>82875932
>Shazam
>>
>>82875944
shut up boco
>>
File: 1455933098238.gif (3 MB, 250x234) Image search: [Google]
1455933098238.gif
3 MB, 250x234
>>82875528
>wanting a Batman Beyond in the DCEU
Now, anon, put down that monkey paw before someone gets hurt.
>>
File: StoppedReading.jpg (13 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
StoppedReading.jpg
13 KB, 250x272
>>82874496
>Johns will still report to DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson

It was all sounding so good too...
>>
>>82875997

Yes sir...
>>
>>82875926
That guy is wrong but Johns has been mostly not himself (still a couple of good stories here and here but nothing sustained like it was before) since about 2010 and we can probably blame him learning about the reboot that would erase all his years of work. I hope Rebirth helps him rebound but this movie shit will probably keep him too busy.
>>
File: mayo.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mayo.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>>82875881
Watch it be an entire movie that is nothing but a jar of piss, the film equivalent of the mayonnaise episode of Wacky Delly.
>>
>>82875955
Burnett was incharge of btas and McDuffie in charge of jlu.

Dini is an ok staff writer that fans over hype above his partners and actual bosses
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_F._Horn

Alan F. Horn (born 1944) is an American entertainment industry executive. Horn serves as the chairman of the Walt Disney Studios since 2012.[1]

Prior to joining The Walt Disney Company, Horn was President and COO of Warner Bros.. Under his leadership, Warner Bros. had many hits, including the Harry Potter series and Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy.[5] Horn served in various positions at 20th Century Fox and at Norman Lear's television production company, Tandem Productions. He was also one of the founders of Castle Rock Entertainment,[6] a company he oversaw at Warner.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/07/15/harry-potter-unclear-future.html

Published July 15, 2005

"Batman 3 and 4 were awful." That's a direct quote from Horn, which is what makes the "new" Warner Bros. so refreshing.

As the studio releases its second big hit of this summer season today, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," Horn doesn't mind admitting to have made mistakes.

At the premiere this week of the much less good "The Island," which Warner made as a co-production with Dreamworks, Horn was happy to talk about how well the studio has begun to fare.

"Batman Begins," he said, had to be "about Batman's dark side, about the Dark Knight. We couldn't go back to what had happened before."

He meant to "Batman Forever" (1995, starring Val Kilmer) and "Batman and Robin" (1997, with George Clooney).

"They were terrible," he said. "But we're also the studio that made 'Catwoman' and 'Pluto Nash,'" he said with a chuckle. "Everybody makes mistakes."
>>
>>82874445
THANK GOD FOR JOHNS
>>
File: 1308530610926.jpg (47 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1308530610926.jpg
47 KB, 400x400
>>82875684
>their GL stuff was kind of shitty in DCAU.

Stuff is giving it more credit than it deserves. They literally only used Manhunters and even then they weren't anything like normal Manhunters. The other time the Corps showed up was to job to the new Amazo. What was even the point in including them.
>>
>>82875760

lets pretend Iron Man 2, 3. Thor 1 and 2. Cap Murica 1 are not boring turds nobody will ever remember.
>>
So, who exactly are Jon Berg and Geoff Johns replacing?
>>
Is Johns a Nightwing fan? He wrote that Batman script, he could be leading us to a Titans movie.
>>
>>82875496
ANOTHER
>>
>>82875932
>Johns won't write all the books I want him to write
>King is on the only book I don't want to read

truly the end of times
>>
>>82875948
>thread about DC movies
>why are you discussing DC movies?!
>>
>>82876046
No one

>>82876058
He literally sacrificed his fan fav pet psedo oc to savehim
>>
>>82876024
>a jar of piss

Sooooo a work of art?
>>
File: 1442094665129.gif (910 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1442094665129.gif
910 KB, 250x188
>>82874445
lmao

IT'S HAPPENING

holy shit
>>
>caving in to bias/paid reviewers

what a shame
>>
>>82874873
This
>>
File: 1462977333811.jpg (780 KB, 1950x1030) Image search: [Google]
1462977333811.jpg
780 KB, 1950x1030
>darkseid will probably be a big cloud/force of nature
>more UNINHABITED!! cities will be destroyed
>movie will have quips forced down its throat as a result of the no fun criticism
>movie will end with a giant cock tease about bringing supes back
>capekiño shitposting will reach critical mass

[SCREAMS INTERNALLY]
>>
>>82876058
yes Johns (along with Waid) saved Dick when Didio wanted to kill him in Infinite Crisis
>>
>>82876044
I hate Marvel but Cap 1 is one of their best movies. Iron Man 1 is the shit one.
>>
File: Llfront.png (437 KB, 881x568) Image search: [Google]
Llfront.png
437 KB, 881x568
>>82875760
"X" v "Y"
>>
>>82876102
Its kind of retarded like really retarded

Theres only 2 movies both by the same guy and the companys freaking out
>>
>>82876016
>since about 2010
Aquaman and Forever Evil disagree anon.
>>
>>82876046
its new positions

>>82876058
he sacrificed superboy to save him in IC
>>
>>82875370

The execs at WB literally torpedo their careers any chance they get because Timm & Co. kept proving them wrong and making successful shows
>>
>>82874496
>BvS, which cost at least $300 million to make, has grossed under $870 million worldwide since its March 25 release.
Oh, the poor babies. The humanity. Surely they'll starve!
>>
>>82876137
Probably because they trusted this guy to build their cinematic empire to compete with Marvel, and absolutely everyone hates the bullshit he comes up with.
>>
>BvS was a fail
>>
File: i7564.jpg (13 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
i7564.jpg
13 KB, 233x217
>DC logo has gone back to basics
>The Comics are getting back on track after the New 52 reign of terror
>Based Johns and Affleck are taking as much control from Snyder as possible
>It's at our lowest point we find ourselves

Can I believe again, /co/ ?
>>
File: SC20160517-232713.png (49 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
SC20160517-232713.png
49 KB, 320x480
Not even Dini want to be at charge of the DCEU. Shame
>>
>>82876083
>>82876165
So, nobody was running DC Films? It was essentially a ghost?
That explains a lot.

Also, that reminds me: With Geoff heading the studio, that TOTALLY confirms a Shazam movie being made.
>>
>>82876179

They went in assuming making a billion was a formality.
>>
>>82876180
DC fans were pissed off from the start. He should never have been attached to Superman.
>>
File: Based Cereal Lord.jpg (25 KB, 300x325) Image search: [Google]
Based Cereal Lord.jpg
25 KB, 300x325
>>82874445
>The top of DC is now just Berg (Sherlock movies, Affleck movies, Edge of Tomorrow, American Sniper) and CCO Johns.

ABOUT FUCKING TIME.
B
O
U
T

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

T
I
M
E
>>
File: moz.gif (400 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
moz.gif
400 KB, 320x180
The only question is:

Will Johns hook this nigga up with a DCCU job?
>>
>>82876214
>Based Johns and Affleck are taking as much control from Snyder as possible
Snyder wasn't in control. All he did was direct the first two movies.
>>
>>82876214

TBD anon... Rebirth could turn out to be horrible.
>>
>>82876179

They don't see all of that money, they also aren't factoring in the marketing budget. BvS did have plenty of product placement and endorsements though so it did make money. Just not as much as it should have
>>
>>82874800
Always Hypercrisis.
>>
File: Stop Worthwhile Filmmakers.jpg (62 KB, 1916x806) Image search: [Google]
Stop Worthwhile Filmmakers.jpg
62 KB, 1916x806
>>82875662
I seriously doubt a studio gives a fuck about busy schedules when its literally going to cost them 100s of millions in lost revenue

BvS is undoubtably a major blow for the whole DC brand and they literally trying to make at least 2 to 3 tentpoles around that brand each year till 2020

Its not even the first Justice League movie that would have been halted two weeks before production
>>
was never crazy about johns or his work, so I see no reason to be excited about this. Maybe this means they start listening to some of the other writers?
>>
>>82876140
>(still a couple of good stories here and here but nothing sustained like it was before)

Those two are nothing compared to what he had before.. He had simultaneous 10/10 runs in Booster Gold, Action Comics, and Green Lantern. Fucking Flash and JSA at the same time too. Only TT and his Avengers were kind of weak. I mostly hope that the current thing is just a bad stretch and he didn't burn himself out permanently.
>>
Any word on if they are firing Terrio?

He's the true hack behind BvS' failures
>>
>>82875701
Based Pope
>>
>>82876214
>change is bad, pander to my nostalgia only
>>
>>82876218
No one wants to try cleaning up the mess Snyder has made. If such a thing is possible. There would be hundreds of people clamoring to get control of the DCEU-if they decided to start over.
>>
On one hand,, these are fantastic news. On the other, it seems Johns is going to almost single handedly spearhead rebirth, the tv shows and the cinematic universe for the next few years. Hope it doesn't take a toll on him.

Also I guess this throws the Zack Snyder- Kevin Feige analogy into the water, right?
>>
File: 1440538926325.jpg (33 KB, 326x553) Image search: [Google]
1440538926325.jpg
33 KB, 326x553
Why isn't he involved at any level?
>>
>>82876240
>Will Johns hook this nigga up with a DCCU job?
Give Morrison the cyborg movie. The character isn't interesting at all, so let's go full retard in space-time with it. Boomtube to the source wall and shit.
>>
>>82876267
The only books that seem bad that anyone should care about are the Superbooks and GL. Sad times for both franchises.
>>
>>82876267

They seem to have good talent on all the right books (Even Superman looks more bland than bad) and a better idea of what they want to do than when New 52 launched
>>
>>82876240
>Implying Johns isn't gonna revive movie serials by adapting 52 and bring his boy on to help out
>>
File: 1463042398032.png (74 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1463042398032.png
74 KB, 659x609
>>82876240

>hypercrisis movie comes out
>>
JOHNS FTW

DC cinema saved

>tfw John's Aquaman movie is elder god
>>
File: 1400601749875.jpg (216 KB, 837x477) Image search: [Google]
1400601749875.jpg
216 KB, 837x477
>>82876240
>yfw Morrison writes Justice League 2
>>
>>82876313
>(still a couple of good stories here and here but nothing sustained like it was before)
But he has been on very few titles since 2010. A couple of good stories when only writing a couple of stories is a good strike rate.
>>
File: supes.png (19 KB, 474x987) Image search: [Google]
supes.png
19 KB, 474x987
>>82874445
Johns is terrible, this is a really really bad thing.

fuck Johns, the guy only wants to see his own material on film
>>
>Geoff Johns co-running DC Films

Jesus Christ, what took them so long.
>>
>>82876179
>“Batman v Superman,” one of the most expensive films ever made, is on pace to produce a $278 million profit for Warner Bros. once home video, TV and merchandise proceeds are tallied, according to SNL Kagan analyst Wade Holden. That’s less than the estimated $300 million the studio earned from “Man Of Steel.” It’s also evidence that Warner Bros. has more work to do to make its DC Comics division the unbreakable superhero movie business it needs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-08/-batman-v-superman-seen-earning-less-profit-than-superman-alone

Civil War about to reach $1B in its third week adds more salt to the wound.
>>
>>82875485
Justice League has sucked though.
>>
ALL WILL BE WELL
>>
>>82874709
To be fair, Goyer was brought in due to Nolan, but if Nolan has not been stuck in an Exec Producer position he didn't really want (but accepted since WB allows him to spend money on things which they would otherwise consider high-risk like Inception and Interstellar) and Johns had been Producer on MoS and BvS, he still would have hired Goyer because they are 'buds' and Goyer was the one who recommended Johns to Donner, which was his entree into production (which is what got him the COO job in the first place) and got Johns into the comics industry as well.

I do think it's an improvement but in no way do I think Johns is a savior.

>>82874805
Diane Nelson is a business hack who was brought in to monetize the DC IP; she's not even been able to help expand DC's efforts in what are supposed to be her natural strengths (marketing, promotion, production, etc.) or to reach out to a broader audience (except for being able to oversee the expansion and continued business success of DC's material designed for children and true YA-non comic book material for pre-teens) although some of that success is WB Animation (e.g. Lego) and Scholastic (which is simply a partnership); she can't even claim any portion of the success, to the extent there has been any, for the TV efforts since that's more driven by WB Television.

Having Johns report to a non-studio exec that they (WB studios/production heads with real power) will not listen because (a) she's a woman and (b) she's a woman exec who hasn't even been successful in her own division.

I do hope they pull ALL the films out of Snyder's production company in the actual/practical production sense other than keeping the name (or what even contractual requirements they can't break).
>>
File: 1458411505825.jpg (65 KB, 615x617) Image search: [Google]
1458411505825.jpg
65 KB, 615x617
>>
>>82876180
N-no, he's good, missunderstood director, also Disney pays everyone!
>>
>>82876331

No, change is good. The New 52 changes were for the most part garbage though. All the good books didn't need a reboot and had nothing changed
>>
>>82876222
I think the negative critics hurt them more than losing money.
>>
File: Death of Superman.jpg (11 KB, 156x242) Image search: [Google]
Death of Superman.jpg
11 KB, 156x242
>Snyder still directing JL
the ride never ends
>>
>>82876240
Only if he ditches his EIC position at A.D. 2000.

>>82876299
It's not as easy as it sounds to just cancel or delay a film's principal photography. You can't just lock the doors and post a sign out front. You're putting hundreds if not thousands of schedules out of sync, you're essentially putting everybody temporarily out of work, and you cause more problems than you solve.
It would be like shutting down your entire body for a day because you stubbed your toe.

It's easier to delay a movie in post-production because at least then you won't have to fuck over everybody's schedules.
>>
>>82876240
>>82876338
Johns is the Godfrey to Morrison's Darkseid

Prove me wrong
>>
>>82876434
man this is a bad edit, or something is wrong with his face.
>>
>>82876240
>Will Johns hook this nigga up with a DCCU job?

>johns
>helping ANYONE

He took the Batman writter job, the guy just wants money for himself People pretending Johns is still into the hypercrisis when EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE in new52 shits on the concepts introduced by morrison is deluded.

Johns shat on Gaiman and shat on Morrison he wants his version DC universe and no one else.
>>
>>82876470
>Morrison is Darkseid
>not Highfather
Nigga please!
>>
File: 1424487911791.png (3 MB, 708x3716) Image search: [Google]
1424487911791.png
3 MB, 708x3716
I love him
>>
>>82876461

Probably, yeah.

It was a nice slice of humble pie for them though. Hopefully now they realize they can't just slap a few names in the tile and expect success.
>>
>>82876470
The antimonitor is a new god, and Darkseid power comes from the "omega force".

Also life started on earth.
>>
>>82876483
I swear that was from Cavil's instagram.
>>
File: ChemqLxWUAAJVak.png-large.png (474 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
ChemqLxWUAAJVak.png-large.png
474 KB, 500x600
>DC getting dedicated division like Marvel Studios
>Geoff co-running DC Films
>Ben Affleck overseeing writing of Justice League, executive producing it, and will be heavily involved in its editing; has complete control over solo film

I really liked BvS but this is for the best.
>>
>>82876462
Affleck is gonna pull his weight and make sure people like Cavill they way he does. It's the ultimate form of friendship.
>>
>>82876509

Better hang on to those, Geoff. They'll be worth more than gold soon.
>>
>>82876534

He went walking around in a Superman shirt in New York City and nobody even recognized him
>>
>>82876506
>EVERYTHING HE HAS DONE in new52 shits on the concepts introduced by morrison is deluded.

Didn't Vibe include Multiverse shenanigans before it got killed
>>
File: 1463370383328.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463370383328.gif
3 MB, 640x266
Post YFW you get to watch the DCCU crash and burn as it tries to not copy Marvel but be shit, then copy Marvel and do a shit job, and eventually collapse because it has no direction whatsover besides "PUT BATMAN ON A SCREEN AND COLLECT MONEY"
>>
>>82876527
>Probably, yeah.
I think it was certainly the negative critics. The movie opened strong and dropped hard. I am a mad DC fan and couldn't recommend the movie to anyone. I have a bunch of mates who 'love' batman, but after hearing about how the movie wasn't great none of them bothered seeing it.
>>
File: Grail 01.jpg (223 KB, 673x780) Image search: [Google]
Grail 01.jpg
223 KB, 673x780
>>82876509

And yet his work has been shit for years

Reminder than Johns is SO ignorant he believes Romans were a thing 5,000 years ago, and that his work is so inconsistent that he gave 2 different origins to diana in the same story.
>>
Johns needs to leave comics then
His recent output clearly suffered while writing Batman script
>>
>>82876583
I'm glad that nobody seems to care about this hack.
>>
>>82876220
Dc films didnt exist, it wasnt its own sub studio like marvel was for disney each film had its own set up there was no real "leader " but Johns and Snyder were both on a lot of crews by neccesity.

Zack since his trilogy is the dceu anchor

Johns because he is the dc cco
>>
>>82876611
no bully pls, I agree he hasn't been himself lately but I hope he can find his groove again
>>
>>82876506
>The best I've done is, yeah, I've spoken to Geoff about what he was doing with the Darkseid stuff and his take on the multiverse. I've adapted things so that they fit. It's Geoff's version of Earth-3 that finally made it into Multiversity.

>That's a perfect example of what I think "Rebirth" is -- a celebration, but it doesn't mean we're just going backwards. It's an echo of the past, but looking to the future. That's what I want to do with this. There's got to be an umbilical cord that goes all the way back to "Action Comics" #1, that connects the whole DC Universe. Grant Morrison has said it best -- DC is a living, breathing universe that's truly alive -- and it gets new life by those who write and draw the books.

Pshh. Heretic.

>>82876507
>Not Metron. Or Nix Uotan.
>>
>>82876628
>DC Films didn't exist
That ALSO explains a lot.
>>
>>82876583
And they tried to pass it as a GOOD thing, shit was hilarious.

Then a week later the movie comes out, universally panned and all they can remember of Superman is that he never smiled, was Batman's bitch and died after only 40 lines of dialogue
>>
File: Cgj44VEWYAA88Ug.jpg-large.jpg (40 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
Cgj44VEWYAA88Ug.jpg-large.jpg
40 KB, 500x341
>>82876593
go away Marvel shill
>>
>>82876587
Under Johns the multiverse is like Marvel's.
His vision of the multiverse is terrible, even Wildstorm's was better.
>>
File: 1459822617429.png (288 KB, 539x300) Image search: [Google]
1459822617429.png
288 KB, 539x300
>>82876593

>DC pulls a "SONY"
>movies bomb
>"Marvel help"
>DC sells movie rights to Marvel
>>
>>82875466
In cave with a box of scraps
Car boxing gloves
Mew mew
>>
>>82876662
Are people actually this retarded or is it just shitposting?
>>
>>82876662
>>
>>82874993
So like, is this an attempt to have a QA guy in the decision making process? Because otherwise it still sounds like just more middlemen and too many cooks.
>>
File: CgaxDn7XEAE6ZjD.jpg-large.jpg (58 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
CgaxDn7XEAE6ZjD.jpg-large.jpg
58 KB, 700x520
>>
File: praisefeige.png (892 KB, 1280x1100) Image search: [Google]
praisefeige.png
892 KB, 1280x1100
>>82876662
>Marvel takes DC characters and does them better

>Avengers and Justice League Parts 1, 2, 3 each make 2 billion each

BASED FEIGE
>>
>course correcting
>not Sack the Zack
It's like they don't know what the problem is.
>>
>>82874552
>(while tackling more serious themes)
How in the FUCK did Civil War tackle more serious themes? I mean, I liked the movie well-enough, but it had no themes, and the catalyst for the entire conflict was pants-on-head retarded. Who wrote this?
>>
File: grantmorrison-2.png (3 MB, 1753x2480) Image search: [Google]
grantmorrison-2.png
3 MB, 1753x2480
>>82876648
>>
>>82876681
They're actually this retarded.
>>
>>82876593
>"PUT BATMAN ON A SCREEN AND COLLECT MONEY"
>yfw this will ends with DCCU turning into Batman Cinematic Universe
>>
>>82876554
Same. It may be one of my favourite cape movies and I think that some of the criticism are pretty unfair, but this looks like it's going to become what I expected it to be from the start, great comic book stories displayed in the big screen.
>>
>>82876317

He's not. He's just a coward that was scared to tell Snyder his ideas were shit
>>
>>82876643
>no bully pls, I agree he hasn't been himself lately but I hope he can find his groove again
Why?
The guy is so egocentric we are ALREADY getting an adaptation of his JL.
Flash has HIS origin
Cyborg? The same
He pushed Parallax into the mess the GL movie was. He was the one that got rid of Martian Manhunter.
He was the one that didnt let any other writter use Billy for 4 years.

Sorry, i can't be exited when the evidence is that Johns has already been terrible as a CCO, as a consultant he only tries to push for his shit, and that he took the Batman writter role when everyone knows even Kevin Smith could do a better job.

I have Zero hope on a guy that doesnt understand magic, science or history.
>>
>there are people who STILL don't think Johns is in on the hypercrisis despite all evidence proving it

lmao
>>
>>82876725
It had themes of government oversight, vigilantes and collateral damage, etc. etc.

I'm not saying it was super deep but it actually EXPLORED these concepts. BvS asked "what if a god came to Earth" and does NOTHING interesting with it.
>>
>>82876725

This.

A Highschool tier argument between two grown men that literally ends with "That's my dad's give it back" isn't a serious theme.
>>
>>82876762

>titled BATMAN vs Superman
>Suicide Squad puts emphasis on Harley and Joker
>Harley spin off movie

It hasn't already?
>>
>>82876788
>Cyborg? The same

To be fair, what else were they going to use?
>>
File: 1458155387132.jpg (54 KB, 500x680) Image search: [Google]
1458155387132.jpg
54 KB, 500x680
Is there any hope for a good DC Films universe? I just want to see these 2 be bros
>>
File: image.jpg (251 KB, 867x660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
251 KB, 867x660
>>82876713
Marvel can't even do its own characters well. How the fuck could they do DC?
>>
>>82876802

>buying facebook clickbait

It's not a Harley Spin off. It's been described as more of a Gotham City Sirens movie.
>>
>>82876788
Geoff has done nothing wrong
>>
>>82876593
>>82876762
How is that any different from Marvel's approach which is PUT IRON MAN ON A SCREEN AND COLLECT MONEY.
>>
>>82876800
A billion times better than WHYDIDYOUSAYDATNAYM
>>
>>82876795
>and does NOTHING interesting with it.

Neither does Marvel.
>>
>>82876702
The best way I can explain it (and hope not to start more shit) is how Feige runs Marvel, Star Wars has their brain trust, and John Lasseter runs Pixar and Disney Animation, but all report to Alan Horn, who only reports to Bob Iger.
>>
File: 1460621335301.jpg (39 KB, 585x398) Image search: [Google]
1460621335301.jpg
39 KB, 585x398
>>82876762

>Alfred solo film
>female led Batman movie
>Joker and Gordon team-up film
>>
File: CgawlrNWIAABvBd.jpg-large.jpg (50 KB, 501x580) Image search: [Google]
CgawlrNWIAABvBd.jpg-large.jpg
50 KB, 501x580
you sound mad
>>
>>82876789
>>there are people who STILL don't think Johns is in on the hypercrisis despite all evidence proving it

>johnsfags think Morrison is still friendly with Johns after Johns Killed his Captain marvel book and his attempt to writte the character post new52
>Johnsfags believe morrison isnt pissed that Johns is in the batman movie when the guy doesnt even like the character
>>
>>82876837

>Gotham City

Point still stands.
>>
>>82876816
The one where he is a teen titan. Not a leaguer
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>>82876830
They already made a better Superman than DC

>>82876850
They made a successful movie with fucking Ant-Man
>>
>>82876264
He was indeed in control. He has a role in every DCEU upcoming movies, at least WW and SS, whether it is producer or director. He's at the helm of the entire DCEU. He's also the one to come up with the DCEU at Warners Bros' porch, that's why he had two more than 1 chance to do a good movie. Taking power from him is only a good thing.
>>
File: DC Films Rebirth.png (154 KB, 851x216) Image search: [Google]
DC Films Rebirth.png
154 KB, 851x216
>>82874445
I really liked BvS and I'm really looking forward to the extended cut. That said, this restructuring is for the best.
>>
>>82876850
Marvel can do no wrong, they created the superhero film genre.
>>
>>82876869
>still trying to push this Johns vs Morrison fanfiction

you'll learn eventually
>>
>>82875294
I think they mean as the MCU franchise progresses it's getting more serious. And that's essentially true.
>>
>>82876866
Can't sack the Zack!
>>
>>82876854
I know you are, but what am I?
>>
>>82876910
>Johns saving comics and movies

Next he needs to bring back action cartoons
>>
>>82876852

Not it wasn't.

Now I'm not saying BvS is good. It had its flaws and the characters were handled more than poorly.But to actually think that Civil War was any better is blatant Marvel shilling.

The fact that if Cap listened to Tony and didn't go after Zemo when he saved Bucky would have torn the entire movie to shreds shows the story was poorly put together. Hell its heavily implied that the psychiatrist they got in to look Bucky over was chosen by them and yet no one in the facility knew Zemo wasn't this guy? And lets not even touch on the memory goggles Stark invented that could have been used to fix Bucky easily.

Also Zemo's entire motive for destroying the Avengers was literally the Twins motive from AoU.
>>
File: 1453914253888.png (24 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1453914253888.png
24 KB, 125x124
>>82876214
Yes you can. Hush, No more crying now. All will be well
>>
>>82874445
sounds like they're rating a 10 in identifying a problem and 1 in how to solve it.
>>
>>82876905
nah kid, you're wrong
>>
>>82876913
Where's the "Christopher Reeve will not stand for this" pic when you need it?
>>
>>82876660
What?
>>
File: batman v everyone.jpg (138 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
batman v everyone.jpg
138 KB, 720x960
>>82876802
>>
>>82874552
i am so sick of COLOR being treated like it's a genre. reminds me of people thinking anything sweet is for kids, pigeonholing an entire FLAVOR.
>>
>>82876903
That's not Superman.

Do you know nothing of Superman?
>>
>>82876976
he's memeing because he didn't read the book
>>
>>82874835
characters getting spin offs from other tv shows and movies isn't that rare.

Marvel/Disney also doesn't take their time when making movies. They're trying to come out with a Marvel/Star Wars movie at least once every year
>>
>>82876964
Shut up, nigger.
>>
File: 1460328723816.jpg (23 KB, 604x311) Image search: [Google]
1460328723816.jpg
23 KB, 604x311
>>82876992
>Batman v Captain America
>>
Snyder made the movie we deserve but the one we need right now
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 110

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.