[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miraculous Ladybug Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 152
File: Ladybug split.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ladybug split.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
It's Friday the 13th, so for a bit of luck, let's have a Ladybug thread.

Have you seen the show? French voices/sub or dubbed voice? Thoughts about it overall? Any particular interest in french cartoons in general?
>>
File: 1393806465695.png (175 KB, 300x331) Image search: [Google]
1393806465695.png
175 KB, 300x331
>>82722269
>Have you seen the show?
No, other than a few WebM's. It seems fun enough and I've noticed an increase of Marinette (?) posting across the boards I visit.

If I did watch it I'd go with the subs and as for french cartoons, Wakfu's mah shit.
>>
File: Ladybug eyes01.jpg (370 KB, 820x625) Image search: [Google]
Ladybug eyes01.jpg
370 KB, 820x625
>>82723099
I'm normally a fan of French w/ subs, probably thanks to understanding a bit of french myself. However, Marinette's voice reminds me of the characters of Lolirock for some reason. Perhaps they have the same voice actors, which wouldn't be too surprising. The english dub for Miraculous is really good, as well.

The show's pretty decent for Saturday morning fare. Nothing outstanding about it, but it's been enjoyable and I'm working through it myself. Today just seemed like a good day for a thread, given the luck-based theme.

Wakfu was a lot of fun. Especially the Nox special after watching the first season.
>>
>>82722269
Ive seen it with english dubs. I like the show but it seems the story is going way too slow. Too many fillers and no actual thing going on
>>
>>82722269
I've seen it. I like it a lot, it's literally fun to watch with the nice animation and generally good villain designs.

ladybourgeois forever (not a real spoiler)
>>
Also I watched it in french with english subtitles. Started off with the korean dub (which is pretty good too, but I actually understand a little french), but switched to french once I found those eps. I've heard the english in clips and have not liked it.
>>
You can't talk about luck and Ladybug without including the lucky kitty boy.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_nwhvm3cMiV1szfdb3o1_500.gif (1 MB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwhvm3cMiV1szfdb3o1_500.gif
1 MB, 500x278
>>
File: Cat Noir kisses on her hand.png (406 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cat Noir kisses on her hand.png
406 KB, 1440x1080
He likes her that makes a reality crossover universe in this unfortunate day.
>>
File: Ladybug eyes02.jpg (138 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Ladybug eyes02.jpg
138 KB, 1600x900
>>82724703
The animations are really impressive. After watching a bunch of Disney and Pixar, I would've imagined that 3D was a lot more restricted. Nice to see they aren't afraid to move the characters around a lot, in some silly expressiveness, over just sticking to "realistic" movement.

>>82726119
>I've heard the english in clips and have not liked it.
Fair enough. I've heard a LOT of really bad dubs and this one is pretty good, so I'm happy. Also, like I mentioned >>82723159 here, I suspect the french voice cast between this and Lolirock is similar - it makes it a bit distracting to watch them together, at least to me.

>>82726429
I kind of figured that Cat Noir would be included in any topic of luck. Ladybugs are lucky in France, while black cats are unlucky.

>>82726681
Wow, that's impressive. I didn't even notice it as cosplay at first.
>>
File: Ladynoir_kiss.gif (2 MB, 312x176) Image search: [Google]
Ladynoir_kiss.gif
2 MB, 312x176
>>82728218
Ladybug and Noir are two sides of the same coin, luck and bad luck, so it's natural to have Cat with Bug. Fortunately it's possible to like both of them. I just wish Noir had a bit more focus in the show and they'd drop the love tetragon between two people and their secret identities and just have them get together.

I know, it's an amazing cosplay. At the moment it's the only one she's done of Noir, hoping she does some more.
>>
File: fuck me.png (303 KB, 561x558) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.png
303 KB, 561x558
>>82723159
>>82722269
>>82724703
>>82728218
I'll never get over how cute she is
>>
File: kkoyom_-1445525627.jpg (99 KB, 1000x1650) Image search: [Google]
kkoyom_-1445525627.jpg
99 KB, 1000x1650
>>82729467
The cutest!

Look, I want to fuck Chat Noir into a mattress as much as anybody, but this goes double for Ladybug. I don't think I've ever waifued a girl as quickly as I did Marinette.

Sometimes I get annoyed by how much the threads focus on Chat Noir. But only sometimes. That's why I wish there was more lewd bisexual stuff focusing on both of them.
>>
>>82730664
Marinette is too adorable for lewdness. Please restrict yourself to dating tenderly while holding hands.
>>
File: MissNanaCosplay.png (1 MB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
MissNanaCosplay.png
1 MB, 667x1000
>>82729467
She is v cute.
>>
Rose is best girl
>>
I've recently started watching it in French with subs.
It's weird being able to see their mouths not match the language.
>>
>>82728748
Personally, I love the tetragon.
Though I do wish some development would happen.
>>
>>82732819
I'd say that at least some development happened in the first season. It didn't really go anywhere, but Marinette gained some confidence with Adrian and Ladybug, at least, didn't dismiss Cat Noir as casually as she did at first.

It might be interesting to see if they plan on taking it somewhere with a possible season 2.
>>
File: 1450918804426.png (216 KB, 500x409) Image search: [Google]
1450918804426.png
216 KB, 500x409
>>
>>82730733
You admonish me for being lewd and then go on about how you want her to do the sluttiest thing imaginable. You're a sicko AND a hypocrite.

There's no way, with a butt like this, she isn't for lewd.
>>
File: _miraculous_ladybug.jpg (215 KB, 638x624) Image search: [Google]
_miraculous_ladybug.jpg
215 KB, 638x624
>>
>>82728748
I'd argue that the problem with the series is that while Ladybug has the most personality and focus, she also has no real story associated with her. Adrien on the other hand has the opposite problem, he has less personality and focus but more story (if it ever decides to move forward).
>>
File: 1444033743505.png (180 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1444033743505.png
180 KB, 500x700
>>82734643
Adrien has loads of personality. The problem is that you can only really see it when he turns around and shows his ass.
>>
>>82722269
Obligatory /y/ crosspost
>>>/y/2240867
>>
File: sKbHqODH.jpg (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sKbHqODH.jpg
42 KB, 400x400
>>82726429
>>82734834

I want to _pet the catboi.
>>
>>82734834
That's not personality anon. That's just you being a horny little bitch with no taste.

But seriously Adrien doesn't really have a personality, following him for too long would most likely just make him problem.
>>
>>82734904
I shall return to this, late in the night.
>>
File: 1454022040791.png (725 KB, 1000x557) Image search: [Google]
1454022040791.png
725 KB, 1000x557
The French dub and English dub are both good.
>>
>>82730733
You bring up a good point; I think of it this way: Ladybug is for tender hugs, Chat is for rough fugs.

I really like this pic, by the way. I like Chat's sex eyes and how it looks like he's offering Ladybug's hand to the viewer.
>>
File: 1295553907120.jpg (4 KB, 90x128) Image search: [Google]
1295553907120.jpg
4 KB, 90x128
>Crushed dreams thread
Okay then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM
>>
File: 1346796492423.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1346796492423.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>82737900
I still miss the ahoge.
>>
File: Ladybug 02.png (551 KB, 654x718) Image search: [Google]
Ladybug 02.png
551 KB, 654x718
>>82737900
But you still have Lolirock for your vaguely anime French-cartoon.

Besides, that style doesn't get to show off Marinette's sexy little hexagons.
>>
File: 1458960407618.jpg (98 KB, 540x764) Image search: [Google]
1458960407618.jpg
98 KB, 540x764
>>82737900

I do miss a lot of the elements from the 2dpv, but I also enjoy the 3d.

Even if Thomas Astruc doesn't want to give up the bright and happy tone, some easy improvements to the 3d I think would be more varied soundtracks, more modeled locations, more night scenes, etc.

Also, Adrien is still pretty good.
>>
I watched the first episode.

Then I stopped because I wanted to watch it in chronological order.

However after asking on the Facebook fanpage and getting non-answers like "It IS in chronological order" or "There is no chronological order, it's meant to be enjoyed as standalone episodes;" I finally gave up and decided not to watch it.

Is the first season over? Is there a chronological order I can view them in?

Is it available for purchase anywhere yet (I don't pirate)?
>>
>>82739502
I should note, I watched the first episode back when there was only one episode aired in Korea. So I was one of the first people aboard (as much as I can say that since it came out in France soon after).
>>
>>82739502
the only chronological order there is:

origin episodes are the first

volpina is the series finale

evillustrator takes place after lady wifi and stormy

puppeteer takes place after rogercop, evillustrator and wifi

pixelator takes place before any other episode with jagged stone

other than that there is no chrono order

season 2 almost certainly have more chronological order though though, considering volpina ended with a blatant cliffhanger
>>
>>82739502
>Is the first season over?
Yes.

>Is there a chronological order I can view them in?
Sort of. There is a release order, although Korea apparently released them in a slightly different order than everywhere else. So you'll see some oddities like The Pharaoh being listed as either Episode 3 or Episode 7 in different locations.

There is a rough chronology as the season progresses. Nothing outright is stated, but there are some minor events that get referenced later. I'd need to watch through the episodes to see them all, but mostly in involves the relationships of the secondary cast to each other and to Ladybug/Cat Noir.

About the biggest out-of-chronology is the last two episodes actually being the first meeting of Ladybug/Cat Noir, and both first meeting their Kwami. However, the three or four episodes leading up to that reveal some things which can those two episodes spoil, so it might be better to watch them last. It's up to you, though.

>Is it available for purchase anywhere yet (I don't pirate)?
http://www.amazon.com/Miraculous-Tales-Ladybug-Cat-Noir/dp/B01BHCPQF8/
http://www.amazon.com/Miraculous-Tales-Ladybug-Noir-Spots/dp/B01F6EHOGM/

The first is just seven episodes. The second is coming out August 9th, and will probably be six/seven episodes. Both english and french audio, although subtitles are apparently just the english script, rather than a translation of the french script.

It's also available through Amazon Video (and probably some other places). However, the Amazon Video only give 13 out of 26 episodes for their "Season 1" so be sure to check what you're buying with the online video services.

There's also Webisodes, little online-only shorts here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFwbW7YNVjk&list=PL31_z9gFAteBiK5ErE7-jHFzKX130f7al&index=1
>>
File: ladybugl.jpg (333 KB, 700x880) Image search: [Google]
ladybugl.jpg
333 KB, 700x880
>>
File: ladybugg.jpg (99 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
ladybugg.jpg
99 KB, 540x540
>>
>>82738592
>Besides, that style doesn't get to show off Marinette's sexy little hexagons.
But it does feature her ribbons.
>>
File: ZLFECMQEROXE.jpg (67 KB, 606x853) Image search: [Google]
ZLFECMQEROXE.jpg
67 KB, 606x853
>>82737900
I think Marinette and Adrien are both a lot cuter and a lot sexier in 3D than in 2D.

Also Adrien > Felix
>>
>>82743836
You know I used to like Adrien more than Felix but I think that in hindsight the only real thing they had to do to fix the whole thing was to simply tone down Felix's attitude, and make Marinette not like him, because he's an asshole. But to have them gradually become friends first.

The problem with Adrien at the moment is that he's TOO much of a nice guy and it's cliche as well, but they're not doing anything to fix it makes it worse.
>>
>>82744381
I'd rather he not be an asshole, he's already surrounded by it at home, I honestly feel so sorry and bad for Adrien, having no mother and a father who treats him like shit and only cares that he models plus he isn't allowed to be who he is unless he's in Chat Noir mode.
>>
>>82744609
Or with Nino
>>
>>82744609
The problem with Adrien is that that explain his basically his whole character trait. That simple explanation is all there is to his character, with there being no hint of any change or room for improvement, because the series acts as though he's perfect as he is.

Adrien has no real negative personality traits, and the negative that he does have is never acknowledged by the series. As opposed to his partner who is wrong even when she's right. Being too nice is just as bad as being mean but the story never acknowledges that.

Adrien lies to someone and turns someone into an akuma out of jealousy but the story never acknowledges that; the person who he supposedly loves gets put down to his face by a person whose trying to manipulate him, he not only doesn't acknowledge it, but is actually mad at the person he claims to love for calling out the person attempting to manipulate him; he doesn't like it when Chole hangs off of him but can't firmly tell her to stop; etc.

Being too nice is a big problem too, possibly even worse because such behavior just enables the people around you to continue to take advantage.

===

I think that with Felix they could at least acknowledge that his negative traits were just that, he is not perfect and has room to grow.
>>
>>82745724
The problem is that, except for when he's evil, has to deal with Copycat, and when he dies, Adrien isn't the focus of the story. Ladybug is the star, he's her wingman, and he pretty much just does the heavy lifting while she cures the badness. Also the fact that there's very little continuity in season one, which always means very little character development. Hopefully in season two they'll switch to an ongoing story arc and both of them can develop.
>>
>>82745857
No that isn't the problem, because even if Adrien was the focus then the problem with him would be even more apparent. Most of Adrien's problems can be solved by him simply speaking up, add on to him having his head in the clouds and the story not showing that this kind of behavior is a bad thing would just make his character irritating.

The first step to character development is to first acknowledge that a character has problems with themselves that they need to improve, but the series refuses to acknowledge that Adrien has any problems outside of his father, and in fact seems to use Gabriel as a scapegoat for Adrien's behavior.

It's to the point that I'd argue that the reason why Adrien has no real love rival is because if he did he'd never measure up.
>>
>>82745724
>Adrien lies to someone and turns someone into an akuma out of jealousy but the story never acknowledges that
To be fair, Marinette calls out and insults someone directly to their face as well, turning them into an akuma... and the idea of her being wrong is just glazed over as well. Perhaps it's a topic for Season 2 since Volpina was the season ender,

Then again, when other people do stuff which turns people into akuma, it's mostly forgotten and ignored. Even Chloe: she's probably directly responsible for a dozen akumized victims. But nobody treats her any differently than they did at the beginning of the school year, before this whole mess started. Not even Adrien.

I think that Adrien's biggest problem is just that Marinette was the one to receive all the character development. I doubt that Felix would've been much different in his place, just being a moody bad boy throughout the series. And I think you might be understating Adrien's faults. One thing that Adrien is is a doormat, especially to people like Chloe. To bring in the point above, nobody in their right mind would be friends with someone who just spawned ten villains for them to deal with, not to mention the general way she treats anyone at school. Especially now that Adrien has a number of friends, there's no reason for him to stick around the obviously-clingy Chloe... except that he's Adrien, he's a walking doormat, and he's fine with just sitting there and letting other people say what his relationship is like.

Not every negative character trait needs to be an active one, after all.

Actually, I'd like to see more focus on Adrien and to see him deal with that doormatishness of his. It's not something that's typically dealt with in protagonists, and so dealing with and resolving it would be more interesting than just "don't be such a jerk".
>>
>>82745857
And the "Simon Says" episode, which was about him dealing with his (not so?) obnoxious father.

I miss an episode where Ladybug is the one brainwashed to be evil and Noir have to do the rescue (or at least in a situation he's the one to save the day). Maybe season 2 work on it.
>>
>>82735768
I dont really agree anon. I actually want an episode to focus on him, he is actually really charming and interesting. But im curious, why do you think he has no personality?
>>
File: CUTE.jpg (87 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CUTE.jpg
87 KB, 1920x1080
>you will never have Noir curled up in your lap and purring contentedly as you caress his soft blonde hair and rest your other hand on his hip
>>
>>82746301
Adrien lied to a Ladybug fan who just wanted her autograph. He had no reason to feel threatened by that fan at all. Lila on the other hand, was straight up lying between her teeth about Ladybug, and also insulting her. Lila had wronged Ladybug by lying about her, and also Adrien by trying to manipulate him. The story doesn't glaze over it at all, since Adrien immediately starts guilt tripping her (completely ignoring the fact that Lila was lying and manipulating to him) to the point that Ladybug apologized for calling Lila out about lying (which she did). Adrien though was never called out for what he did in Copycat, and is never made to feel any guilt about his behavior towards a person who had ultimately done nothing to him, as opposed to Ladybug who reacted to a person lying and insulting her.

Thing is though, Origin episodes establish that no one likes Chole, and it gets reiterated in Dark Blade. They only tolerate her because she's the mayor's daughter, but outside of Kim they don't like her. Adrien doesn't really stand up to anybody, and the story seems to think that it's okay for him to not do so.

About character development see>>82746273
I understand Adrien's fault's but the problem with the story is that it doesn't acknowledge that. As far as the story is concerned Adrien's main problem is the fact that his father is too overprotective and doesn't let him be himself.
>>
>>82745724
I agree, i like Adrien, but with an upbringin like his, is actually weird that he has no bad character traits. His behavior in Copycat could actually parallel Lila´s in Volpina. Both of them lie, and in the end, they doint learn the lesson. Maybe with season two the problems with Adrien character could actually being explored. But with the Lila situation, i think you are judging him fast, he had barely time to talk until LB came to confront Lila.
I really dont think the problem with his father is that easy to solve. When you grow up believing that you should be always polite and never speak for yourself change that is actually a real challenge. Plus the hints of him having self steem, self woth and identity issues, Adrien´s character is kind of and emotional mess. It is more than just being "too nice"
>>
>>82747129
They had time to move from the Library to the park, Adrien had more than enough time to both think and talk he just didn't do so, and bought into her lies and insults without a second thought. He simply didn't believe that Lila was lying as shown by how quickly he believed Volpina, shows that he believed a total stranger over his partner.

They were easily able to convince him to let Adrien go to school. The problem is that the writers use Gabriel as a complete scapegoat, rather than acknowledge that Adrien himself also shares some fault. It feels that once Hawkmoth is defeated they'll just have him magically get over all his problems.
>>
I completely forgot about this after years of teasing.

How is it performing?
>>
>>82746273
Gotta be honest, i had the same problem with Marinette in early episodes. The show didnt adressed her stalker behavior as something wrong, it was only to show how in love she was with him, taking his cellphone, searching in his garbage, his schedule in her room. And the show never told us this was wrong. It was only in episodes like the Gamer or Volpina when Marinette's impulsive nature was shown as problematic and hurtful. Wich was a relief.
Indeed, the show can get frustating but i think they will touch Adrien's problems in future episodes because is part of the process of mixing both of his personas (Chat and Adrien) wich is probably his character arc, or at least one of the most important parts.
>>
>>82747786
It's good, and might get better.
>>
>>82747540
Lila does not insult Ladybug in the library, is in the park when she starts the "better than LB" speech. Before that, Adrien believes that Lila and Ladybug are friends, something that fits with her kind and friendly partner personality. And calling out a lier could actually rise questions as why he knows LB that well.
>>
>>82745724
Nailed it. He's kind, smart, protective, good-looking, courageous, friendly, generous and filthy fucking rich to boot and to balance all that out he's sometimes too polite for his own good and has a poor relationship with his father? Seriously?

On top of that, the only change he undergoes as Chat Noir is that he hits on Ladybug constantly. Felix behaved much the same way (albeit with more balls) when transformed but at least his personality changed in the process; he went from "handsome brooding weirdo" in his daily life to "Pepe le Pew" as Chat Noir.
>>
>>82748936
The thing is he's genuinely in love with Ladybug, not just horny for pussy. So even that character flaw isnt much of a flaw.

But to be honest, does he really need some kind of dark negative flaw? A little more conflict with someone would work, or actually showing how his normal life affects his mind, but he doesn't need to have some big bad point to be interesting.
>>
I caught an episode recently and the fact that the character in a skintight cat costume is male blew my mind. I'm honestly impressed.
>>
File: 1458258894811.jpg (150 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458258894811.jpg
150 KB, 768x1024
>>82749113
Chat Noir is two of the rarest things ever in one package: a magical boy and a cat boy.
>>
>>82749045
>But to be honest, does he really need some kind of dark negative flaw?

I didn't say he did. I was complaining about Adrien being boring, not being a good person.
>>
File: chloes biggest hero.jpg (32 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
chloes biggest hero.jpg
32 KB, 600x315
>>82724703
>>
File: casual lb.png (418 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
casual lb.png
418 KB, 600x720
>>82730664
>>
>>82748173
Saying that someone is weaker or not half as great as yourself is insulting them. Calling her out for being a liar wouldn't raise as much questions as you think since logically no person would be so quick to put down their supposed friend in front of other people.
>>
>>82732819
The love square is the best.
>>
>>82739774
There is no chronological order. It's been confirmed by Astruc. Any order you make up is simply your own fan theory.
>>
>>82749045
To be a good character yes, a good character should at least have one negative flaw.
>>
>>82751607
He's a pushover. He's impulsive, always ready to jump in and make an unnecessary sacrifice that could have been avoided. They're there. You just don't want to see them.
>>
>>82751646
They're there yes, but there is no acknowledgement by the series that they are his flaws. The only thing that the series acknowledges is annoying is constantly flirting with Ladybug, but like what other anon pointed out, that's not much of a flaw.
>>
File: so_close.png (352 KB, 540x477) Image search: [Google]
so_close.png
352 KB, 540x477
How high was the sexual tension in pic related?
>>
>>82751808
>A good character should at least have one negative flaw.
> Okay, he has one flaw. No wait! I didn't mean he just has to have one, I meant it has to be touched upon in a manner that suits my personal needs.
>>
>>82751933
You can only really consider it a legitimate flaw when the story actually acknowledges its existence. If a story doesn't acknowledge a character's flaws then it's just the same as saying that they don't have any.
>>
>>82751869
Or is that scene just taken out of context?
>>
>>82737900
Outside of some serious scene recycling (how many fights take place in that damn tv station?) I enjoy the 3d more. A little sad though looking at this that some of the seriousness and story seems to have been cut down. Here it looked like Hawkmoth had some city wide chaos going off but it's entirely villain of the week in the final show. The badass mime was also cut down to a pretty silly slap stick villain.
>>
>>82752181
>if it's not explicitly stated in hamfisted dialogue it's the same as if it doesn't exist
Well you seem like a special kind of retard.
>>
File: Out of context is best context.png (592 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Out of context is best context.png
592 KB, 1280x720
>>82752964
Dis nigga.
>>
>>82746332
At this point I'd be happy if a mind controlled Chat Noir simply waited and used his cataclysm to cancel out Ladybug's item.
>>
File: Episode Comparison Chart.jpg (175 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Episode Comparison Chart.jpg
175 KB, 960x720
>>82739502
>>
this portrayal of Paris is completely wrong, where are all the shitskins yelling "allah ackbar" and blowing up randomly in crowds?
>>
>>82753520
>not understanding Writing 101, it's not enough to give a character a flaw you need to also acknowledge that they exist. Especially if it's an area where the character needs to improve upon. A writer needs to acknowledge the characters shortcomings in story which can be as simple as a character pointing out that they should or shouldn't do something. you simply don't acknowledge when character fucks up that's when you have a Mary Sue on your hands.

Interesting fact about Mary Sues is that they can have perceived flaws, it's just that their story ignores their flaws or shows said flaws as a positive.
>>
>>82753914
Go back.

>>>/b/
>>
but it's true! have you been in paris recently?
>>
>>82753942
The story does not ignore his flaws. He keeps failing miserably and gets his ass handed to him in every episode due to his impulsiveness and cockiness as a superhero, which makes the general public view him as little more than a comic relief sidekick to the generally adored and admired Ladybug. Furthermore, he never gets what he wants in his civilian life because he's such a pushover. This is right there in the show. Stop pretending it's not there just because there's no line of dialogue to explain it to the dumbest audience members at the end of the episode.
>>
>>82754567
>He keeps failing miserably and gets his ass handed to him in every episode due to his impulsiveness and cockiness as a superhero, which makes the general public view him as little more than a comic relief sidekick to the generally adored and admired Ladybug.
It does, he gets his ass handed to him, but faces no consequences outside for that. He doesn't care that people see him as comic relief sidekick, and the series calls no attention to it, just treats is as par for the course. I

>Furthermore, he never gets what he wants in his civilian life because he's such a pushover.
Which the story blames solely on his father, it doesn't acknowledge that Adrien himself is the problem, in fact if anything it's depicting his doormat personality as an admirable trait. Rather than a negative trait that he needs to overcome. If Adrien had a problem with how he was treated as Chat Noir or the story didn't brush it aside, you'd have a point but he doesn't.

The show doesn't do anything to say that Adrien is less than perfect, and that's the problem.
>>
>>82754710
>he gets his ass handed to him, but faces no consequences outside for that
Except for the blows to his reputation and the disdain he receives from the girl he loves, but of course you're going to ignore that just like you ignore the fact that the only reason his failures get no other lasting consequences is that Ladybug's magic fixes everything at the end of the episode.

>He doesn't care that people see him as comic relief sidekick, and the series calls no attention to it
Have we been watching the same show? He desperately wants to impress Ladybug, but she (like the rest of Paris) only see him as her comic relief sidekick and whenever he communicates with members of the public or said members of the public discuss Ladybug and Cat Noir the show makes it absolutely clear that no one has any respect whatsoever for him.

>Which the story blames solely on his father, it doesn't acknowledge that Adrien himself is the problem, in fact if anything it's depicting his doormat personality as an admirable trait.
If not for some of the other stuff you've written, this would be the dumbest thing I've read all day. Does every little thing have to be explained to you in detail for you not to make up something stupid to take its place? Do you really need him to turn towards the viewer at the end of the episode and say "I was just trying to please my father, but in doing so I failed to stand up for my friend who was trying to stand up for me. The major problems that came of this were clearly due to a character flaw on my behalf." Is it not enough for you that the show shows it without the overly clear explanation?

>The show doesn't do anything to say that Adrien is less than perfect except for this, that and the other thing, but I'm going to ignore those because otherwise I'd have to admit I'm wrong to strangers on the internet
ftfy
>>
Just narathoned evey episode, when will this get good?
>>
>>82755409
If you don't like for what it is now, then probably never.
>>
I want to cum inside Marinette!
>>
>>82755638
mah nigga
>>
>>82751869
higher than a pack of bootleg ladybug condoms
>>
>>82755705
like so
>>
>>82753563
She just looks like she's stoned and obsessed over his bell
>>
>>82755385
>Except for the blows to his reputation and the disdain he receives from the girl he loves
Which he's shown to not give a shit about, he's not effected by it or showed that he gave a shit, but he doesn't. You'd have a point if he cared but he doesn't, so he isn't negatively impacted by it. And this was really just to give him contrasts with Ladybug anyway.

>He desperately wants to impress Ladybug, but she (like the rest of Paris) only see him as her comic relief sidekick
You do realize that the only reason why Ladybug doesn't answer to Chat's advances isn't because she's not attracted to him but rather because she likes his alterego? That's literally the only thing holding her back, so again it's not a negative reflection on him.

>If not for some of the other stuff you've written, this would be the dumbest thing I've read all day.
Anon, that EVERY TIME his inability to speak up is brought up as a negative trait his father is always brought up as well and the blame is laid on him. Otherwise the show has never once depicted Adrien's doormat behavior as a negative, and even took his side during the Volpina episode when he was being manipulated by someone else, and wouldn't speak up about it. Hell even in the case of Chole it's used to show that Marinette is over reacting and being overly jealous rather than Adrien being an idiot for not simply telling her to stop, instead the series depicts him as a patient person for putting up with her. I've said it many times and I'm saying it again Adrien's doormat personality is not shown as a negative trait.

As far as the show is concerned Adrien is perfect. Hell you haven't been able to come up with a single example when the show acknowledging Adrien's has negative trait, all of your examples are getting mitigated by the show itself. The only person ignoring facts here is you.
>>
File: ladybugisretarded.png (103 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
ladybugisretarded.png
103 KB, 500x272
>>82755745
If you time it right, she looks stoned in every episode.
>>
>>82755811
All that cocaine snowing down around her. She's far gone now. Out of her mind. The shower tiles will be glowing blue soon
>>
>>82755792
Does a negative trait need to be constantly mentioned and hammered in in order for it to count? Do the other characters need to turn to him every episode and yell "YOU SEE IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR NEGATIVE TRAIT THAT EVERYTHING WENT WRONG!!"? And no shit his father will be brought up because it's his fault Adrien is like he is, fifteen years of being raised a certain way will fuck someone up.
>>
File: 1381463886778.jpg (166 KB, 955x534) Image search: [Google]
1381463886778.jpg
166 KB, 955x534
>OPs still don't post where you can get the episodes

You guys got to stop not doing the opposite of not that.

mega:///#F!TddyXa7T!oXwiP4x5tF91tKD6zuQ_RQ

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1le7IHRKhABM6FU0pTX1M5E6iOtFIstE7x6r9r4QSXBo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
>>
>>82756036
No, but it needs to be acknowledged. Bella Swan has a lot of flaws, but she's terrible a terrible Mary Sue,why, because her story never acknowledges a damn one of them.
>>
>>82756305
They DO get acknowledged. And like every other series that doesn't have an ongoing story or any continuity between episodes, they're reset to zero at the beginning of each episode.
>>
>>82755792
Why do you so desperately want Adrien to be a Gary Stu without faults? Why is that head canon so important to you that you are willing to disregard all the evidence to the contrary in the show?
>>
>>82756417
They don't have you've never been able to give an of a single one.

>>82756689
At this point in time what is headcanon, is any one claiming that the show ever acknowledges Adrien's shortcomings, because it doesn't. Neither of you have given a single example of the show acknowledging Adrien's shortcomings. I don't want Adrien to be a Gary Stu but the fact is he already is one.
>>
>>82756786
If he was a Gary Stu he'd have the entire city's adoration, Ladybug riding his dick all day, and be perfectly content with his life. In every episode we see the exact opposite of all three of those. And his actions have been called out on, and they never stick beause the show resets everything every episode.
>>
>>82756064
I didn't even realize these were a thing. Thanks, Anon. I guess I'll be downloading some stuff tonight, because I was relying on some Google Videos instead.
>>
>>82755725
What's the thought process behind making super hero-themed condoms?
>>
>>82756786
>At this point in time what is headcanon, is any one claiming that the show ever acknowledges Adrien's shortcomings, because it doesn't. Neither of you have given a single example of the show acknowledging Adrien's shortcomings.
The show acknowledges Adrien's shortcomings multiple times per episode and concrete examples have been brought up in this thread. You're not going to acknowledge that or any other argument at this point, though, because you are far, far too deeply in denial.
>>
>>82757135
They're probably made in Taiwan. The ink costs the same regardless of what's on the front, and applying a computer image to it doesn't matter much. If they can sell a few thousand to dweebs over the anime girl on the front, then why not?
>>
>>82756849
Being a GaryStu isn't just about getting adoration, it about how the story treats the character. As Adrien he has everyone riding his dick.

>>82757167
And yet you've never given an example of a single one, you keep claiming that you bring it up but you never do. In fact look through the thread again you have everyone pointing out the opposite, the story doesn't acknowledge Adrien's shortcomings and that they HOPE that it'll happen in the second season, but as of right now the story has never acknoeldged that Adrien's flaws.

You have no arugment, for the simple fact that not only do you ignore rebuttals and entire conversations where people are actually saying the contrary which you're claiming. Not only that you haven't given a single example of the show acknowledging his flaws. So you can stop pretending that you've proved a point when you've proved nothing, than you don't know don't know the difference between an audience perspective and story one.
>>
>>82756064
Imagine Chat mounting that.
>>
File: 5af74dd9417.jpg (27 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
5af74dd9417.jpg
27 KB, 367x500
Who will play Chat in the inevitable live action Miraculous movie directed by Bryan Singer?
>>
>>82757433
>As Adrien he has everyone riding his dick.
Such as?

There's Marinette (obvious love interest) and Chloe (obvious idiot) but most of the other people aren't obsessed about Adrien. Heck, if anything, most of his "perfect life" turns out shit, because it keeps forcing him into places he doesn't want to be. Most of the class seems to treat Adrien like everyone else in the class.

It's Chloe who gets the strange level or adoration, especially with what she does on a regular basis.

The story does not directly acknowledge Adrien's faults, yes. I wouldn't say they are ignored, but they aren't directly addressed and we don't see any character development from his as a result. It is a problem with the show, something that I'd hope is addressed in a second season, and we can all just hope that there is a second season. But it seems strange to compare somebody who most people are just friendly with to GaryStudom, where everything he does or everything everyone else does just shows off how much better he is than everyone else.
>>
File: 1457148318628.jpg (66 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1457148318628.jpg
66 KB, 1024x576
>>82757556
Imagine Chat getting mounted.
>>
>>82753655
That arm looks like it's at a really awkward angle/
>>
>>82757683

Michael Cera
>>
>>82757683
Is this a boy or a girl
>>
>>82757433
You want some concrete examples of where the show brings up his flaws? You've provided no basis whatsoever for your claims, but fine, I'll bite.

Episode: The Bubbler
Scene: Nino talks to Adrien's father
Adrien's action: Doing nothing to support his friend who came to support him.
Adrien's character flaw: Doormat personality
Consequence: Nino gets banned from visiting Adrien's home, is hurt and gets evilized.

Episode: Stormy Weather
Scene: Cat Noir meets Stormy Weather
Adrien's action: Casually shows up and makes puns with his guard completely down.
Adrien's character flaw: Cocky
Consequence: Gets his ass handed to him and looks like a fool in front of the girl he loves.

I could probably point out hundreds of examples, but I simply don't have the time for that. Not that it matters anyway, you're just going to disregard anything that contradicts your head canon.
>>
>>82757872
That's Norman Reedus's son
>>
>>82757839
>mounting Chat while he mounts Ladybug

Heaven.
>>
What would you do with Chat's butt?
>>
>>82758152
Kiss, nuzzle, poke, cup, hold, caress, squeeze, pat, lick, bite softly, grind against, hump.
>>
File: chatwhy.png (303 KB, 401x569) Image search: [Google]
chatwhy.png
303 KB, 401x569
>>82758152
>>82758236
>>
File: GitS 01 109.jpg (365 KB, 1267x2021) Image search: [Google]
GitS 01 109.jpg
365 KB, 1267x2021
>>82727647
ooooh, swap file!
>>
>>82757135
You can tap ass like a hero
>>
File: 1455561072769.jpg (143 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
1455561072769.jpg
143 KB, 894x894
>>82758296
If you don't want to be lusted over, you shouldn't be so sexy and dress in skin-tight body-accentuating leather.

They'd better do a beach episode at some point with Adrien/Chat in a little black speedo.
>>
>>82757958
Episode: Bubbler
But the show puts the blame is put on Gabriel rather than Adrien.

Episode: Stormy Weather
Adrien doesn't really give a shit either way

That's not an example of the show acknowledging his faults at all. Since in the first example the show blamed Gabriel and in your second Adrien doesn't give a shit. Which is just a repeat of what I already said over here >>82755792. Again you haven't give an example of the show calling attention to his doormat personality and depicting it as a negative trait.
>>
>>82757768
The first origin episode when he snuck into school and he's the famous celebrity that everyone knows about, the Dark Cupid where they are shown that all the girls have a crush on him, Lila chases after him because he's popular. There's not a single character in the show that doesn't like him, hell even Nino points it out in the Animan episode. So yeah needless to say everyone is riding his dick.

The thing about Gary Stu's is that while they are tend to be the characters that everyone loves, they tend to not live perfect lives for the sole purpose of garnering sympathy.

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/writing/articles/4391/title/mary-sue-101-how-spot-how-stay-away

Everyone hates Chole that much is seen several times, they've just resigned to the fact that they're stuck with her. They outright say it in the Dark Blade episode.

The only time his faults aren't ignored is how his recklessness as Chat Noir leads to him being useless but he doesn't care about that, to the point that its actually just a viewer observation rather than something that Adrien actually to care about, so we can't say the show has acknowledged that because Adrien is shown to not care about it, and it's played for laughs. The reason why I call him a Gary Stu is essentially because he fits the bill. Gary Stu's can be likable characters but that doesn't make any less of a Gary Stu.
>>
>>82758924
>>82758572
You are really really concerned about how a magical teen cat boy in skintight leather is portrayed in a children's cartoon.
>>
>>82758924
>http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/writing/articles/4391/title/mary-sue-101-how-spot-how-stay-away
>five points don't apply at all
>a sixth point only applies because he is a protagonist in a hero/magical girl show
Not a very convincing comparison.

And I think you might be confusing "no character development" with perfect/Gary Stu. It's true, Adrien doesn't have any character development. It's a problem with the show. But that doesn't mean he doesn't have faults. He's used more as a method of progressing Marinette's narrative than his own, but that doesn't make him faultless.

>Lila chases after him because he's popular.
Lila chases after him for the same reason that Chloe does: to create an easy conflict between Lila and Marinette. And again, we see one of Adrien's faults: he has too little backbone to try to resolve things himself, instead sitting back while something is obviously wrong with Ladybug and letting her resolve the whole situation.

>he's the famous celebrity that everyone knows about
This has been as much a deterrent as it has a benefit. He's had trouble making friends (to the point where Nino is about the only real one he has) and he gets repeatedly pulled out of places he'd want to go in order to maintain that popularity - something he doesn't even want, but does because his father wants it.
>>
>>82759247
well these discussions aren't going to have themselves.
>>
>>82759247
It's better than borderline /y/ posting, and it's kept the thread going for nearly a day and a half.
>>
>>82759603
>It's better than borderline /y/ posting

Nothing wong with admiring Chat's assets, and we can post cheesecake of Laybug, too.
>>
>>82755725
To be honest, I think those just might be lolipop wrappers.
>>
>>82759670
That's fine. It's just not as interesting if the thread is only "Chat is mai fukboi" and an image dump which dies in a few hours. The conversation has actually been a pleasant surprise and while I don't agree with it, I enjoyed taking some time to look over the show again at a potential new angle. So thanks to everyone who's participated in it.
>>
File: 1456727878634.jpg (360 KB, 1280x1823) Image search: [Google]
1456727878634.jpg
360 KB, 1280x1823
>>82758152
Cum in it.
>>
>>82759335
Actually he covers about 9 of them on his own.

I'm not confusing the two, Adrien is at has no character development and nor the beginnings of one, and that's bad for him because his base character is one that show touts as perfect. He's stuck in his base characterization and his base character is one that can only be described as perfect. Remember when I brought up Bella Swan it's not enough for a character to have flaws that the viewers can easily recognize, the story itself needs to acknowledge it's existence. What makes a Gary Stu isn't how the audience sees the character or reacts to them, but rather how the story treats the character.

>Lila chases after him for the same reason that Chloe does: to create an easy conflict between Lila and Marinette.
In universe it's because Adrien is the rich and popular guy that everyone likes. Again remember writing perspective=! story perspective, and viewer perspective especially =! story perspective. As I pointed out, rather than call Adrien out on the fact that he's got no backbone the story takes his side, using his perspective to show that Ladybug is wrong. In the perspective of the viewer Adrien behavior is disappointing, but from the story's perspective he did nothing wrong.

>This has been as much a deterrent as it has a benefit. He's had trouble making friends (to the point where Nino is about the only real one he has) and he gets repeatedly pulled out of places he'd want to go in order to maintain that popularity - something he doesn't even want, but does because his father wants it.
Thing is though we haven't seen that happen, in fact we've only seen him do the things that he wants to do, with the tidbit about him not being able to do so being more of an informed problem. And again his his father is the one whose shown in the wrong, the story never acknowledges that Adrien shares some blame and should stand up for himself.
>>
>>82759670
It's gotten old and you already have a thread for it in /y/.
>>
>>82761309
>Actually he covers about 9 of them on his own.
He does not have "multiple special abilities or skills". The only two things he seems to excel at are modeling and fencing, the two things we've seen him actually training at for a long time. And, I might add, his stick-fencing generally doesn't win him any victories.

Big character flaws in one I counted as not applying to him, although that's what most of the discussion has been about.

No prophecy or legend.

Chat Noir is certainly not portrayed as being cooler or more mature. Heck, Chat being full of himself is almost a running gag.

No tragic or mysterious past. No, being told around by your father does not count as tragic or mysterious. It's certainly not something that Marinette's wooing would resolve in any meaningful way.

>we've only seen him do the things that he wants to do, with the tidbit about him not being able to do so being more of an informed problem
He rarely gets to do many after-school activities with anyone, outside library study or class-related projects. He keeps getting pulled away for his father's plans, either in modeling or whatever his father wanted.

Oh, sure, it ends up working out anyways. He can't go to the movies with friends because his father bought tickets, but his seat just happens to be next to Marinette's anyways - that sort of thing. But if you are putting a sharp divide between story and viewer perspectives, then that fact doesn't matter. It doesn't matter than these conflicts just HAPPEN to conveniently work themselves out. What matters is that they happen, and they provide a conflict between what the character desires and what the character ends up doing - he doesn't get what he desires, as a direct result of his character fault.
>>
>>82761944
>The only two things he seems to excel at are modeling and fencing,
Modeling, fencing, piano playing, Chinese and volunteers at a homeless cat shelter in his free time. Is supposedly really intelligent Dark Cupid. Also he's rich and famous in his own right, was actually the set up he was given.

>Big character flaws in one I counted as not applying to him,
All his flaws are percieved by the audience but isn't isn't acknowledged in the show proper. So yeah it still counts.

>Chat Noir is certainly not portrayed as being cooler or more mature.
Adrien is though, remember Animan? How Adrien whose essentially was a social shut in is treated as an expert in love?

>No tragic or mysterious past
Mother mysteriously disappeared and his daddy love him enough.

So yeah he actually covers a hell of a lot more than your giving credit for.

>He rarely gets to do many after-school activities with anyone, outside library study or class-related projects. He keeps getting pulled away for his father's plans, either in modeling or whatever his father wanted.
Anon, we've seen Adrien go to a Jagged Stone live concert, go the Mime performance, got with Nino to the tv studio, hang out at the Zoo, etc. The only time that we've ever seen Adrien not be able to do something that he wanted was in The Bubbler and that wasn't even him that was Nino. There's also more references to the fact that he is going out more in the webisodes too.

Actually Gabriel bought the ticket for the front row, but Adrien didn't use it. So yeah he even in story he is getting what he wants.
>>
When is Nick airing it again? Only way I can officially support the series.
>>
>>82762527
>Mother mysteriously disappeared
Isn't acknowledged in the show proper.

You know that thing you keep using as reasoning that Adrien has no faults? How not being explicitly mentioned in the show somehow makes it not apply? Well, you don't get to turn around and say it applies to support your other points. And unlike Adrien letting everyone walk all over him, his lack of a mother hasn't even applied to anything in the show.

Daddy's love is hardly tragic or mysterious. If anything, it's just an obstacle for him to overcome. Now, Adrien's dad likely being Hawkmoth might count as a mysterious aspect, but again, not mentioned in the show proper. So...

>>Chat Noir is certainly not portrayed as being cooler or more mature.
>Adrien is though, remember Animan?
Chat Noir is half of Adrien's screentime, so you can't exactly ignore it.

Also, this is one time where there is a clear divide between popularity and character maturity. Adrien gets the attention due to his popularity, not because he is more competent or more correct about everything. The characters are listening to him specifically because of an already established character trait - the being a model - as opposed to anything he is doing at the time.
>>
>>82762828
I don't know when's the last time it was on Nick itself, but there's an episode airing on Nick Toons today at 5:30 and weekdays at 11:30am. You should also be able to watch it on the Nick website.
>>
>>82763255
His missing mother was acknowledged in Jackady.

The thing about all my points is that they were all out right in the stated or shown at least once in the show itself, none of them came from the webisodes. Hawkmoth being Gabriel was shown in the first Origin episode. Regardless of how you feel about it the fact remains that is is a part of his character that you're meant to sympathize with him over.

>Chat Noir is half of Adrien's screentime, so you can't exactly ignore it.
They're still the same person, Chat Noir actually isn't shown to interact with very many civilians, its Ladybug who does that. So its really not taking away from my point because he's still depicted as a character who is supposed to be more cooler and more mature. Also remember Chat Noir is the one who tends to call out Ladybug when ever she loses her patience.

That's nice but I never mixed up the two.
>>
File: 7283.png (95 KB, 317x317) Image search: [Google]
7283.png
95 KB, 317x317
>>82758152
Smack REAL hard!

Over and over again.
>>
>>82722269
It's so close to being good, it hurts. It's just mediocre though. Not good, not bad, just good enough for me to like it. also fuck them for making the origin story the season finale, so now we have to wait for season 2 for anything like a cliffhanger.
>>
>>82756036
Adrien's negative trait is that, as a civilian, he's shy and reclusive, follows orders and follows the rules.
>>
File: chatnoir_by_majime-d9avk3d.png (1 MB, 900x1312) Image search: [Google]
chatnoir_by_majime-d9avk3d.png
1 MB, 900x1312
>>
File: 1365475055956.jpg (372 KB, 2559x1439) Image search: [Google]
1365475055956.jpg
372 KB, 2559x1439
>>82722269
I've been into the show since before the premiere. I kept missing out on the Korean stream and never got around to downloading it. Then I watched the French stream, which is what I was interested in. I watched some episodes in English; Cristina Vee sounds pretty good, but I really don't like Bryce Papenbrook.

I prefer the French voices because I like how French sounds in general. Since Wakfu, Lolirock and now Ladybug, I think I've developed a bit of a fetish for girls speaking French. It's pure aural sex to me. Stupid sexy French.

All the guys, though, sound like Pepe le Pew. Or Maurice Chevalier. I guess when they look like Chat, it doesn't really matter what they sound like.

I like French cartoons a lot, but those are the only three I've watched in French. I also like French animated movies. I've seen Ernest and Celestine, The Triplets of Belleville, The Illusionist and April and the Extraordinary World, most recently. April was great, I saw it twice in theaters. I haven't seen much discussion about it on /co/, though. Any recommendations for more shows and movies would be nice.
>>
>>82768880
Speaking of, I love Jagged Stone's French voice.
>>
File: mirror's edge.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mirror's edge.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>82758572
>But the show puts the blame is put on Gabriel rather than Adrien.
No it doesn't. You do. Recognize the difference.

>Adrien doesn't really give a shit either way
Says who? You? Everything we know about him says he cares about impressing Ladybug and he just made himself look like a fool in front of her.
>>
How many aphids do you think Ladybug needs to eat a day?
>>
>>82775391
Don't worry; Tikki probably slips them into Marinette's mouth while she's sleeping. That's probably how Adrien gets his daily mouse requirement as well.
>>
>>82775577
Adrien looks like a fish person to me.
>>
>>82775838
That would explain why all the guppies keep disappearing from the fish tank.
>>
>>82763255
Are you the counterpart of the Mary Sue anon?
>>
>>82775941
Someone needs to draw Chat with a big fish hanging from his mouth.
>>
So how has Adrien not noticed that there's a room with an external window that irises open and contains hundreds of butterflies?
>>
>>82776867
He's not allowed to wander around his house.

Also, the room would probably mean very little to him unless he found the Kwami there. It's not as if he's seen the iris before, or knew what it means.
>>
>>82776059
Doesn't /co/ have a Drawthread?
>>
>>82722269
Is there a mega link for episodes?
>>
>>82777544
Already posted in the thread, just search for mega.
>>
>>82776867
I'm not really expecting much for internal consistency. On two occasions, Ladybug and Chat Noir have been in a place that an akumatized victim sealed up, and no one else was there, and they're just all, "Oh hey sup".
>>
>>82778328
Logical consistency, not internally consistency. Internally they're all as dumb as they've ever been.
>>
Also about Adrien's character fault. I think he's like Dustin Hoffman in the graduate. He's very skilled but has no motivation to drive him, and so he wants to hedonisticly devour life.
>>
>>82768880
I'm sure I haven't been the only one to think that image depicted a different scene because of the thumbnail.

Didn't make an edited version?
>>
>>82768880
I'm not totally sold on Toei. Traditionally animated Disney Cartoons are also good.
>>
File: 1453078247772.jpg (405 KB, 548x889) Image search: [Google]
1453078247772.jpg
405 KB, 548x889
>>82778813
What a coincidence, I also want to hedonistically devour something, namely Adrien's ass.
>>
>>82775945
Mary Sue anon's other half. Romance is alive.
>>
File: double butt shot.jpg (46 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
double butt shot.jpg
46 KB, 422x750
Oh man, I'm surprised that a Ladybug thread is still going! I was excited to see it in the first place but after I left for a day, I didn't think it'd still be here.
>>
File: o623mxtwL11vrsegvo1_540.gif (2 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
o623mxtwL11vrsegvo1_540.gif
2 MB, 540x300
>>82785026

Yeh. the love is here, it's just kinda hard to find things to talk about in between seasons.
>>
File: ladybug.png (671 KB, 734x800) Image search: [Google]
ladybug.png
671 KB, 734x800
>>
>>82786512
So true. It's all the fan works that keep me going.
>>
File: hilary duff cinderella au.png (344 KB, 405x810) Image search: [Google]
hilary duff cinderella au.png
344 KB, 405x810
>>
File: hilary duff cinderella au 2.png (342 KB, 405x810) Image search: [Google]
hilary duff cinderella au 2.png
342 KB, 405x810
>>82786845
desu I don't care for the words on this comic, but the pics are cute.
>>
File: hilary duff cinderella au 3.png (357 KB, 405x810) Image search: [Google]
hilary duff cinderella au 3.png
357 KB, 405x810
>>82786855
>>
>>82778396
>>82786845
>>82786855
>>82786860
Thanks. Now I'm wandering around the internet, looking for Ladybug comics. I hope you are happy.
>>
>>82788366
I'll post some so you don't completely waste your life.
>>
File: 1451049367750.jpg (266 KB, 694x894) Image search: [Google]
1451049367750.jpg
266 KB, 694x894
>>
File: notecombo.jpg (297 KB, 600x1710) Image search: [Google]
notecombo.jpg
297 KB, 600x1710
>>
File: purringcombo.jpg (1 MB, 736x6192) Image search: [Google]
purringcombo.jpg
1 MB, 736x6192
>>
>>
File: 1453771195608.jpg (383 KB, 338x1200) Image search: [Google]
1453771195608.jpg
383 KB, 338x1200
>>
>>
>>82788743
Much thanks.
Now I'm going to be hunting down the source for all these, too.

Have a think in thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeodWBeSODU
>>
>>
File: %combo.png (2 MB, 555x2220) Image search: [Google]
%combo.png
2 MB, 555x2220
>>
File: 1450862846327.png (229 KB, 1207x3402) Image search: [Google]
1450862846327.png
229 KB, 1207x3402
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>82786512
>between seasons
When is the next season starting?
>>
>>82789281
A year from now?
>>
>>82777096
Speaking of Kwamis, I would like to see more of them. An episode with Tikki and Plagg teaming up for whatever could be fun.
>>
>>82773792
>No it doesn't. You do. Recognize the difference.
No the show blamed Gabriel, Adrien was treated as a victim. They never even imply that Adrien should speak up, rather they just (outright in your example) say that Gabriel is wrong for his behavior.

>Says who? You? Everything we know about him says he cares about impressing Ladybug and he just made himself look like a fool in front of her.
Adrien has shown any care about Ladybug's popularity. Yes he cares about Ladybug and wants her to like him, but he's never shown any care towards his own popularity as Chat Noir.

It's funny that you claim that I don't know the difference between shit happening in the show and headcanon, when all your interpretations is never stated or shown in the show proper. Rather it's just things that you think that the character should behave or feel.
>>
>>82757683
This guy.
>>
File: tumblr_o6wbhwnWL51qdur69o2_1280.png (315 KB, 728x840) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6wbhwnWL51qdur69o2_1280.png
315 KB, 728x840
Need to head out for the day. Keep the thread alive, everyone.
>>
>tfw you will never be DP'd by Noir and Copycat
>>
>>82791316

> that shit "cosplay"
>>
>>82791265
>No the show blamed Gabriel
Are you watching some version with a narrator delivering the word of God to the viewer?

>Adrien was treated as a victim
Being a victim of one thing does not absolve you of all guilt for all things.

>They never even imply that Adrien should speak up, rather they just (outright in your example) say that Gabriel is wrong for his behavior.
Ever heard of "show, don't tell"? They show that Adrien is a doormat so they don't have to say it. What characters "outright say" is a statement of that characters opinion and nothing more. When Nino says that "adults ruin everything, all the time", this is not to be interpreted as a fact or the official standpoint of "the show".

>Adrien has shown any care about Ladybug's popularity. Yes he cares about Ladybug and wants her to like him, but he's never shown any care towards his own popularity as Chat Noir.
He cares what Ladybug thinks of him. He wants to look good in front of her. His character flaws keep having the consequence of making him look bad in front of her. Which part of this is it that you do not understand?
>>
>>82791576
If it was a girl doing Ladybug like that you'd be demanding more.
>>
I'm been away for a few months, still no shirtless Chat/Adrien right?
>>
>>82792809
Not in the show, no. Maybe we'll get a beach/hot spring episode in season two.
>>
>>82792880
Hopefully, they'll be foolish not to.

We need to know if he has nipples or not.
>>
>>82793140
Of course he would. What size and shape are the mysteries, though since he's fifteen and slim they're probably kind of small, round, and constantly semi-hard.
>>
>>82793229
I dunno, since the models are CG they may not bother.

Also, isn't he 14? Why semi hard?
>>
>>82792004
>Are you watching some version with a narrator delivering the word of God to the viewer?
Are you? Because the series never once even implies that Adrien should stand up for himself, or that he's wrong for not doing so. However it is outright stated that Gabriel is at fault. People were even complaining about it every time it was brought up in the live watch threads.

>Being a victim of one thing does not absolve you of all guilt for all things.
I agree, we the viewers realize that however as far as the series (and creators) are concerned Adrien is not wrong for not standing up for himself. Again your confusing common sense with authorial intent.

>Ever heard of "show, don't tell"?
I have, but that's not the case here. But that's not the case here as the show doesn't even imply that he SHOULD speak up.

>He cares what Ladybug thinks of him. He wants to look good in front of her.
And he knows her personally, and also knows that she doesn't particularly care about her own reputation so why wood she care about his? Again Chat Noir has shown that he doesn't care about his reputation, hell the mayor insulted him and he didn't give a shit.
>>
>>82793292
Having nipples on men in cartoons has gotten more common lately, and since it's a model they won't have to constantly draw them.

15, 14, around that age. When I was that age my nipples never seemed to go soft, and no other guys my age's did either.
>>
>>82793394
I don't know, he's a young boy and I can't recall any cgi boy ever going shirtless before.

Really that's weird, I mean if it was in the cold I could understand but otherwise then you couldn't even hide it right?
>>
>>82793605
I can imagine that might be because CGI bare skin tends to look weird. I actually don't think Adrien would look good shirtless. At least, not in the actual show. Of course, if he does go shirtless once, he'll go shirtless all the time because this show recycles assets like an aluminum can drive, is largely built on its fanservice, and wouldn't have much of a reason not to.
>>
>>82793753
Well you never know till you try it.

I actually find it hard to think of reasons why he would shirtless a lot. I mean, if this was a 2d show his clothes could easily get ripped a lot, but that's not possible on a cgi budget.
>>
>>82793605
I think it was the hormonal imbalances as I developed, because when I finished puberty my nipples finally calmed down. I didn't think about hiding them or how weird it may have been, though they were pretty noticeable since even then my nipples were pretty big.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 1080x1080
>>82793885
Bigger than Spidey's?
>>
>>82793915
Dang, very nice. About the same size to a slight bit larger, and on a less muscular and more slim body.
>>
>>82793982
Wow, sounds like you had the ideal body.
>>
>>82794034
Maybe. Looking at Adrien, I was almost like him physically at that age, except with less-muscled legs and a rounder ass.
>>
>>82794487
You sound really amazing.
>>
File: marinette accidental reveal.gif (622 KB, 1280x1422) Image search: [Google]
marinette accidental reveal.gif
622 KB, 1280x1422
>>82788826
>>
>>82789053
>Alya has an old man voice
My sides are splitting
>>
File: evillustrator.jpg (40 KB, 288x1024) Image search: [Google]
evillustrator.jpg
40 KB, 288x1024
>>82789189
>>
File: simply the best.jpg (62 KB, 469x700) Image search: [Google]
simply the best.jpg
62 KB, 469x700
>>82789343
>>
File: kiss of life.jpg (124 KB, 564x1222) Image search: [Google]
kiss of life.jpg
124 KB, 564x1222
>>82791319
I will carry on your legacy!
>>
File: adrien reveal.gif (534 KB, 1280x1422) Image search: [Google]
adrien reveal.gif
534 KB, 1280x1422
>>82795002
>>
Adrien has flaws, but the writers are shit.
>>
File: cute comic.jpg (153 KB, 508x1120) Image search: [Google]
cute comic.jpg
153 KB, 508x1120
>>
File: Maid Costume Comic (L-R).jpg (1018 KB, 1128x3384) Image search: [Google]
Maid Costume Comic (L-R).jpg
1018 KB, 1128x3384
>>
>>82793368
>Because the series never once even implies that Adrien should stand up for himself, or that he's wrong for not doing so.
Yes, it fucking does. It shows him choosing not to stand up for himself or his friends and then it shows the undesirable consequences of that choice, implying that if Adrien had stood up for himself or his friend, Nino would never have become the Bubbler.

>However it is outright stated that Gabriel is at fault.
Whether or not Gabriel is at fault in his actions is not relevant to whether or not Adrien is at fault in his entirely different actions.

>I agree, we the viewers realize that however as far as the series (and creators) are concerned Adrien is not wrong for not standing up for himself. Again your confusing common sense with authorial intent.
Why are you assuming that we, the viewers, are seeing something that we were not intended to see? Do you have a statement from the authors about their intent that i am unaware of? Have they gone out in public and said "We intended for Adrien to be a perfect Gary Stu without any flaws. Any such flaws perceived by the viewers were unintended by us, the authors"? Is that how you know their authorial intent differs from what is actually shown?

>And he knows her personally, and also knows that she doesn't particularly care about her own reputation so why wood she care about his? Again Chat Noir has shown that he doesn't care about his reputation, hell the mayor insulted him and he didn't give a shit.
Jesus fucking Christ, you are dumber than a pile of bricks. Cat Noir likes Ladybug. Cat Noir wants to impress Ladybug. Instead, Cat Noir gets his ass handed to him and looks like a fool in front of her because of his character flaws. Looking like a fool in front of Ladybug is an undesirable consequence for Cat Noir. What is it that you do not understand? Help me out here, I am not used to dealing with special needs children.
>>
File: Maid Costume Comic (L-R).jpg (1 MB, 1130x3528) Image search: [Google]
Maid Costume Comic (L-R).jpg
1 MB, 1130x3528
>>82795337
Fuck sorry, the bottom of that last panel got cut off for some reason. Here's the full panel.
>>
Akuma need to be better explained.
>>
File: Adrien finds out first.png (4 MB, 1280x2588) Image search: [Google]
Adrien finds out first.png
4 MB, 1280x2588
I'm running out of comics here so I'll post the last of what I have and maybe a few pieces of choice fan art.
>>
>>82795465
An anon from another thread had an idea about it.
>Akuma have always existed and only give people powers because of Hawkmoth's power corrupting them.
>Normally, they latch onto a person feeling strong negative emotions and consume said emotions to multiply.
>But unlike Hawkmoth's corrupted Akuma, who amplify negative emotions and cause them to fester the Pure Akuma just gobble up the bad emotions.
>Akuma that that are bound to Objects turn the item into a miraculous, Similar to what the corrupted Akuma do with the villain's items.
>>
File: tumblr_o3er28NdyT1s2l1w7o8_1280.png (403 KB, 800x622) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3er28NdyT1s2l1w7o8_1280.png
403 KB, 800x622
>>82795480
And here, the only things I have are the ones I grabbed from one or two artist blogs.
Well, thank you for keeping us entertained, Anon.
>>
>>82789343
>a year from now
Well, considering how good the CGI is I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>82795700
This and the villain Idea are my favorite things from these threads.
mostly because I'm the one who made them.
>>
File: If Marinette finds out first.jpg (278 KB, 1280x941) Image search: [Google]
If Marinette finds out first.jpg
278 KB, 1280x941
>>82795480
>>82795750
My pleasure!
>>
File: marichat in a nutshell.jpg (22 KB, 236x472) Image search: [Google]
marichat in a nutshell.jpg
22 KB, 236x472
>>
File: papaagreste.jpg (117 KB, 736x1041) Image search: [Google]
papaagreste.jpg
117 KB, 736x1041
>>
>>
Okay, S1 was fun, but S2 needs to finally get the ball rolling in regards to having a consistent plot.
I want it to become less episodic.
>>
>>82795406
>Yes, it fucking does. It shows him choosing not to stand up for himself or his friends and then it shows the undesirable consequences of that choice, implying that if Adrien had stood up for himself or his friend, Nino would never have become the Bubbler.
No, it fucking doesn't. We the viewers realize that he should but the series itself doesn't share that sentiment, treating him speaking up as something commendable rather than something that he should be doing. As far as the creators are concerned Adrien is a classic Disney Princess. Which is why you can't even come up with an example of the series even implying that Adrien should speak up.

>Whether or not Gabriel is at fault in his actions is not relevant to whether or not Adrien is at fault in his entirely different actions.
It is relevant because we're talking about how the series itself treats the characters. In Adrien's case they use Gabriel as a scapegoat blaming Adrien's inability to speak up on him and even implying that Adrien attempting to do so is a lost cause. Reasonably Adrien is at fault but the show doesn't think so.

>Why are you assuming that we, the viewers, are seeing something that we were not intended to see?
Because there is no acknowledgement in series even at points when there should be one. Actually on a whole the series has a problem in criticizing him.

>Cat Noir wants to impress Ladybug.
Chat Noir also knows that Ladybug doesn't give a shit about his reputation. Seriously the only stupid one here is you. You think that Chat should care but he has given zero indication that he does, and reasonably he has no reason to do so, since
1. He knows Ladybug personally
And
2. He knows that she doesn't care about that shit
Why would Chat care about using a certain method to impress Ladybug that he knows won't impress her, and he doesn't particularly care about their popularity either. What you're saying is just plain out of character for Adrien.
>>
>>82795465
>>82795700
And here, I thought the Akuma were just an aspect of the Moth Miraculous's powers. Moth gives other people superhero powers, which is exactly what the Akumas do. I'd just assumed that the white butterflies were the Miraculous's power, which Hawkmoth corrupting them with his negative influence to make villains instead.

>>82796307
No kidding. It's Adrien/Ladybug who the obsession is directed towards. It's rather strange to see Chat and Marinette as the objects of unknown fascination.
>>
File: red string of fate.jpg (48 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
red string of fate.jpg
48 KB, 499x499
>>82796962
It mystifies me how Marichat became the most popular ship when all of the other ships have so much more potential for content. Especially Ladrien and Ladynoir. I understand the whole argument that fans of Marichat are chasing that Nicholas Sparks brand romance but they really took a pair that is NOTHING like that and twisted the fuck out of it to make it work in their heads.
>>
>>82722269
What the shit is this?? What happened to the original animation look?
>>
File: not bad marichat.jpg (258 KB, 938x1280) Image search: [Google]
not bad marichat.jpg
258 KB, 938x1280
>>82797362
I should clarify that I enjoy canon Marichat but I can't help but feel a pang of anger when I see fan art of it because the fanon is so widely accepted that there rarely exists a piece of fanwork that resembles canon.
>>82796414 and pic related are the closest to canon that I've found.
>>
File: pv clothes.jpg (35 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
pv clothes.jpg
35 KB, 500x700
>>82797409
Wow, you're about a year late to the party. They went with 3D a long time ago. So long ago that the first season finished already. Fear not, though. There will be a 2D ova by Toei featuring Adrien, not Felix, as Chat Noir.
>>
>>82797409
>What happened to the original animation look?
Where in the world have YOU been? That concept video was four years ago.
>>
>>82796926
>No, it fucking doesn't.
Yes. It. Does.

>the series itself doesn't share that sentiment
The series does not have fucking sentiments, because series can't have fucking sentiments.

>As far as the creators are concerned Adrien is a classic Disney Princess.
Either provide me with a quote from the creators stating that as far as they are concerned, Adrien is a classic Disney Princess, or stop making shit up.

>Which is why you can't even come up with an example of the series even implying that Adrien should speak up.
I can't? I did. You read it and commented on it.

>It is relevant because we're talking about how the series itself treats the characters.
No, it isn't.

>Reasonably Adrien is at fault but the show doesn't think so.
The show doesn't think anything you fucking lunatic. The show is not a person. It does not think, it does not have sentiments, it does not have opinions, and it doesn't have a will of its own. Please accept this.

>Because there is no acknowledgement in series even at points when there should be one.
There doesn't need to be one. If a man stabs a puppy, you don't need a character to turn towards the camera and say "Stabbing puppies is a bad thing. He is a bad man." The absence of such a statement does not make the puppy stabber free of fault.

>Chat Noir also knows that Ladybug doesn't give a shit about his reputation.
We're not talking about his fucking reputation. The only person who saw Cat Noir getting his ass handed to him by Stormy Weather for being cocky was Ladybug. We are talking about Cat Noir looking like a fool in front of the girl he likes. Are you even reading what you're responding to or do you simply make something up and respond to that?
>>
>>82797600
>Either provide me with a quote from the creators stating that as far as they are concerned, Adrien is a classic Disney Princess, or stop making shit up.
https://twitter.com/Thomas_Astruc/status/719832704628469760
>>
File: tumblr_o5iryo2uPQ1ul83z5o2_1280.png (392 KB, 637x746) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5iryo2uPQ1ul83z5o2_1280.png
392 KB, 637x746
>>82797742
>>
>>82757683
Come on now, I think Adrien would look more masculine than that. He may be fabulous, and effeminated by western standards, but I don't think he'd be androgynous. That guy you posted looks like the world's biggest pillowbitter tbqh. He's basically a woman's head on a man's body, it's disgusting.
>>
>>82797760

shut up and post Adrien in Jasmine's clothes
>>
>>82797494

dude I am so pumped. I hope it gets to be darker in tone. I like a dark world with optimistic protagonists.
>>
How is this show? Only other French things I've watched have been Wakfu, Dofus and Les Kassos to the extent that counts

Really really liked both Wakfu and Dofus
>>
>>82795750
Has anyone notice that Marinette is basically a magpie when it comes to cellphones?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 152

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.