[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Powerless Trailer Description
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: nup1738190001jpg-6da748_765w.jpg (129 KB, 765x431) Image search: [Google]
nup1738190001jpg-6da748_765w.jpg
129 KB, 765x431
>The trailer begins noting "the next great hero" is on their way, and we see imagery of Batman and Superman facing each other that looks like an altered Batman v Superman promotional image.

>We see main character Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) riding a train to work with other morning commuters, when a big battle involving the DC's Crimson Fox (Atlin Mitchell) causes the train to derail. Crimson Fox catches the train, but Emily, unimpressed by what's happening, looks out the window and asks the superhero, “Sorry to interrupt, could you put us back on the tracks?” while another woman yells, “My shift at Orange Julius starts at 9!”

>We get more of a look at life in this reality where the DC superheroes are a fact of life, as Emily notes in a voice over she’s “a claims adjuster for a very special kind of insurance company.” We see one of Emily’s coworkers ask, “Since the damage was caused by Wonder Woman, should we deny as an act of god?,” to which Emily replies, “Technically, she’s a demigod, so it’s kind of grey area.”
>>
>Emily is shown meet her new boss, Del (Alan Tudyk), who turns out to be something of a nightmare – demanding a “25% increase in denials by the end of the month.”

>As Emily stands up to Del, she begins to feel more empowered and “I Need a Hero” (from Footloose) plays, as she walks into the office in slow-mo, her long coat flapping like a cape around her. She’s also seen interacting with her friend and coworker Teddy (Danny Pudi), who asks her, “Can I be your sidekick? I’ve got a utility belt.”

>During all of this, we continue to see examples of the DC heroes permeating the existence of these characters . Hawkman is shown on the cover of Rolling Stone, looking very much like his classic, bare chested comics incarnation more than the Legends of Tomorrow version. And we see someone yell, “He’s not Green Lantern! I have proof!” about a good looking man with dark hair.

>As the trailer ends, Emily’s coworker, Jackie, declares “I wanna nail Aquaman so hard.”
>>
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/powerless-trailer-description-what-life-is-like-in-the-world-of-dc-superheroes
>>
is it in the same universe as Arrow and the Flash?
>>
is it the same universe as Community and Hannibal?
>>
>>82835360
Felicity will not fail this city.
>>
>>82835360
No and no, respectively.

>>82835394
Yes and no, respectively.
>>
This is going to get canceled so fast
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
> “I Need a Hero” (from Footloose) plays, as she walks into the office in slow-mo, her long coat flapping like a cape around her.
>Can I be your sidekick? I’ve got a utility belt.”
>>
>>82835394
You were probably joking, but Hannibal actually is part of a shared continuity as it's part of Fuller's universe which consists of Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Hannibal, and probably the upcoming American Gods adaptation he's doing. Probably not his Star Trek show, though.
>>
File: Crimson Fox.jpg (103 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Fox.jpg
103 KB, 720x720
Interested in seeing how this goes. Sounds fun.
>>
>>82834693
>in the same universe as BvS
>>
>>82834693
>The first comedy from DC comics
I'll say.

Am I right, guys?
>>
File: 1403920578603.jpg (201 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
1403920578603.jpg
201 KB, 1000x562
>>82834693
>The first comedy from DC comics
That would be the DCEU
This is the second.
>>
>>82835647
>not the Green Lantern movie
>or Batman and Robin
>or the Adam West show
wew
>>
>>82835444
It almost sounds like they want it to be a comedy...shakemuhheadpham.
>>
This whole set up sounds like Damage Control.
>>
>>82835622
Huh, I'm surprised that it looks pretty similar to her comics version. I wonder if she still has pheromone powers
>>
They should have put it in the CWverse and had crossovers. I'd kill to see stephen amell as Oliver Queen getting to be funny for a change.
>>
>>82835707
They obviously mean in recent years
>>
>>82834693
How did we end up in a world where Vanessa Hudgens and Danny Pudi have the same level of star power?
>>
File: 1457767298768.png (33 KB, 566x557) Image search: [Google]
1457767298768.png
33 KB, 566x557
>>82835552
>Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies are part of the same universe
WHY DIDNT I KNOW THIS BEFORE, HOLY SHIT
>>
>>82834693
this looks like it could be a fun ride. Got a great cast, lets hope the writing is good
>“I wanna nail Aquaman so hard.”
come on, you had one job! Make a fish joke!
>>
File: damage control covers-1.jpg (249 KB, 456x377) Image search: [Google]
damage control covers-1.jpg
249 KB, 456x377
I liked it better when it was called Damage Control and over at Marvel.

Nice job, Warners. With all the DC books to adapt, you fucking rip off a Marvel one.
>>
why didnt they do Gotham Central instead of this?
same sorta concept but better
>>
>>82836061
Like they're not reaping each other off all the time.
>>
File: 1452639305313.png (211 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1452639305313.png
211 KB, 288x499
>>82834693
Ehhhhhhhhh that sounds like a show that will be constantly uneven in both tone and quality.
>>
>>82834693
>no trailer yet
>already given a full series order

Fuck me, they're really going for it.
>>
>>82835622
Isn't Crimson Fox actually a pair of twins?
>>
>>82835707
Batman and Robin and GL weren't supposed to be comedies, but The 60s show was about 60% comedic, so I'm shocked they forgot about it.
>>
>>82834693
Half of /co/ is gonna hate it because Reddit or Tumblr or something. They won't actually watch it, but they need to make sure the secret club stays secret.

The other half will probably either love it or hate it, kinda like Gotham.
>>
>>82834693
>Silly show about superheroes
>we might get more direct costume transitions from comic to tv like >>82835622

hype
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.