[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still care about me, /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: BatmanDarkKnightWallpaper1024.jpg (404 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BatmanDarkKnightWallpaper1024.jpg
404 KB, 1024x768
Still care about me, /co/?
>>
Overall I still think this is the best superhero movie but as a trilogy cap's blows it out of the water
>>
>>82795747
Yes but I can't say it loudly because of Nolan haters and usual /tv/ shitposters
>>
In retrospect, these super apologetic comic book movies are kind of absurd. You could argue that it was necessary after Schumacher's Batman, but it still comes off as desperate and a little embarrassing. I grew up loving Begins and TDK, but all this time later, it's kind of hard to go back to and take seriously. Especially living in a post-Rises world; that movie had me really disillusioned about Nolan. He's exclusively formulaic and pretentious, despite often having a ridiculous premise. I saw how he does his magic trick, and it's not magic anymore.

Also the SWAT guy in the van talks way too fucking much.
>>
>>82796274
Yeah in this amazing BvS (costume and idea wise) and Civil War world we have now, it's a little odd seeing this "new and dark" superhero movie that was held as the best ever is a little weird.
Like, it just feels dated, like an Xmen movie. People really gave this movie even more credit be a useful of Ledger, and like 8 years later that's gone.
It just feels unneeded now
>>
>>82796621
>be a useful
I assume you meant "because of" and that's very true. Take him out and replace him (even though Tom Hardy is an excellent actor and the acting in the last movie was fine), and it's another of three slogs. I have a good friend who's a hard core Batman fan so I saw the first movie in a theater, I never bothered, even for Ledgar, to see the other two, and actually ended up seeing them about 2 years after their release.

They are better than things like Green Lantern but the worse of the three has the same problems as the second Iron Man or either of the Hulks, but more specifically the Ang Lee version (#1).

X-Men 1 and 2 look dated in parts, but as stories still hold up well. There are parts of Batman Begins you could say of as well, but TDK and TDKR, no, especially story wise. There are just too many, 'this happens because reasons' plot devices going on that speaks speaks to how lazy and frankly, disrespectful to the audience, the writers had become.
>>
>>82795747
No, it's suck WS is far better and CW completely BTFO it out of the water in every way, it is a far more superior and much more 'mature' than this pretentious garbage.
>>
>>82795747
I haven't seen it yet, but I recently saw Batman Begins and I thought it sucked. Is this movie really as good as normies say it is?
>>
>>82800081
>normies

Can we keep this r9K shit out of here?

We can at least pretend we're not all autistic.
>>
>>82796621
>amazing BvS (costume and idea wise)

That's a nope and nope there, good buddy.
>>
>>82800276
It's a legitimate tier system. Fans of comics, people who like comics casually (casuals), and normies who don't read comics at all. That's how I use it at least.
>>
>>82795747
/co/ just cares about colors and quips, this board has no idea what a good movie is. I have seen people defending the CGI in Civil war, how faithful the movie is to the characters is irrelevant when it comes to the quality of the movie itself. TDK is an actual good movie, not amazing, but good, like Lion king or the last of the mohicans or Gojira 54, or the great escape. TDK and BB are not "good movies by cameshit standards" they are actual good movies.
>>
>>82800081
It means that your taste is complete shit.
>>
it is an excellent film
>>
People get way too hung-up about details and superficial realism. Its one of the truest-to-comics Batman movies there is. Note that I don't necessarily mean the post- Miller Batman everyone here thinks of first and foremost when they think of Batman.
>>
>>82795747
HEAT LEGEND ;_;
>>
>>82796274
>Also the SWAT guy in the van talks way too fucking much.

That is a Nolan issue, he cannot direct action scenes. He always has to remind the audience what is happening every 5 min. See the old guy in the water treatment plant in Begins(says the pipes will explode 3 or 4 times in the finale of the movie), Swat Guy in TDK (hell yeah air cav!), same thing in TDKR, Interstellar, etc. He thinks his audience is stupid and can't remember 10 minutes into the past.
>>
>>82795747
Yes. But only because Ledger.
>>
File: Nolan won.png (292 KB, 922x820) Image search: [Google]
Nolan won.png
292 KB, 922x820
>>82796059

It isn't even close desu senpai
>>
>>82803110
Bull fucking shit
It fundamentally changes his motivati--
>Thinks Miller is the marker for change and mot O'Neil/Adams
Oh, you're a casual, got it
>>
>>82802916
It's a bad movie. Rachel is a fanfic character, Bruce Wayne becomes a worse person at the end of the movie, bishounen Crane jobs to Rachel, and Thomas Wayne is portrayed as a cuck. Not to mention the volume disparity and poor transitions. There's so much wrong with this movie, so I'm wondering if Dark Knight gets better.
>>
>>82803925
>He thinks his audience is stupid and can't remember 10 minutes into the past.

Guess what? He's right. Smart dude do exist but most people are retard these day.
>>
>>82804125
Actually, no, I meant that it's closer to the 70's Batman. It feels like a Englehart/ Rogers comic to me. O'Neil made a change, but Miller, or rather people imitating Miller, changed him further. At its core, the Batman that 'Neil nd others like Englehart wrote was a relatively healthy human being. Its only after Miller that he was made into a stunted child.
>>
>>82803925
>That is a Nolan issue, he cannot direct action scenes.

He can, in fact they are great, actions =/= fights
>>
>>82804264
O'Neil's made him a tragic hero, Miller made him a manchild with mental problem.
>>
>>82802877
Well yeah. This ain't /tv/ so it figures criticism is from a comic centric pov.
>>
>>82804185
>Thomas Wayne is portrayed as a cuck

jesus fucking christ this term lost all meaning.
>>
>>82804222
Hmmm indeed. Smart dude DO exist. I think that's a drum beat we can all march to.
>>
>>82804412
>/tv/
Pretty sure they're worse than /co/, they literally a bunch of retard that don't understand shit.
>>
>>82795747
>implying the Nolan trilogy isn't one of the few genuine examples of quality filmmaking in capeshit, along with Raimi's first two Spider-man movies, some of the Singer X-men movies, the Russos' MCU work and Iron Man 1
lol

inb4 baneposting and cropped gifs of fight scenes as that's somehow actual constructed criticism of a 2.5 hour movie

And honestly, short of Spider-man 2, in terms of actual craft, performances and direction, nothing comes close to The Dark Knight, including Nolan's other two Batman movies.
>>
>>82804878
>Raimi's first two Spider-man movies
Nobody liked Toby-trash spider-man
>>
>>82795747
Nolan Batman is still the greatest capeshit I've seen.

Are there ANY special effects that aren't the sonar scenes? As far as I can tell it's all practical
>>
>>82805401
In dark knight they had to use cg on Maggie Gyllenhaals face to make it less like a ghouls and avoid an r rating. It mostly worked
>>
File: Why would you do that.gif (48 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Why would you do that.gif
48 KB, 320x240
>>82805372
sure thing special snowflake
>>
>>82805372
What a faggot you are.
>>
>>82806083
>>82806939
>muh wide eyed wonder
Get fucked, fairy tale faggots.
>>
>>82804576
/tv/ is a shit board that actually knows what they are talking about and are picky about movies and tv shows.
/co/ doesnt read comics and likes stuff like Civil War.
>>
>>82807283
>muh faggy british twinks with bad accents and epin jokes

Get fucked you literal homo
>>
File: 1463153064155.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463153064155.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>82804051
>metacritic
>>
>>82795747
Still the king baby
>>
>>82807529
The extreme meme BvS capekino threads are actually fascinating. I still think the movie is garbagebut the defenses people have of it on /tv/ are so esoteric that I can't help but feel a little awestruck
>>
>>82804418
Good maybe people will stop using it then.
>>
>>82796059
>CW is a Cap movie meme
>>
the shaky cam in fight scenes was terrible,
the action was so shit in these movies
>>
File: 1434884391788.jpg (165 KB, 1333x617) Image search: [Google]
1434884391788.jpg
165 KB, 1333x617
>>82795747
I don't see how anybody can take Bale's Batman seriously. It nearly ruined Batman and the fights are awful. Only the second half of Dark Knight is any good.
>>
>>82795747
I was just about to start a thread about this movie.

I still think it's the greatest comic book movie ever.
>>
>>82810451

> "P-play fair! Use my review aggregate!"
>>
>>82804051
>Begins under Rises
Such a shame
>>
>>82805567
Kek
>>
>>82812967
This.
IMO Begins was the best, gotta love Scarecrow.
The best part of Dark Knight was Two-Face but he was underused.
>>
Spider-Man 2 is still the GOAT superhero movie IMO. You could remove all the Batman elements from TDK and you'd still have a detective/action movie. Spider-Man 2, meanwhile, is a superhero movie at its core.
>>
>>82812814
No, I also think the Nolan films are better. Metacritic is just garbage though.
>>
>>82804878
>And honestly, short of Spider-man 2, in terms of actual craft, performances and direction, nothing comes close to The Dark Knight, including Nolan's other two Batman movies.
Ang Lee's Hulk is better in all these things than Raimi and Nolans stuff. Also Russos MCU work is not at the same level at all , they're mediocre directors .
>>
File: 1460399678043.jpg (30 KB, 785x659) Image search: [Google]
1460399678043.jpg
30 KB, 785x659
>>82813882
>being this much of a /co/ntrarian
>>
>I'm not wearing hockey pads

Still goat.
>>
>>82795747
Nope and I still think the entire trilogy was boring as fuck and lame
>>
>>82795747
Terrible terrible batman
Terrible mouth breathing
Lacking any sort of presence

But god damn, I watched it recently and its just a great movie and a "Serious" cape movie done right. People are serious when things are serious and act normal when things are normal
>>
Eh, I'd rather re-watch Green Lantern. At least Ryan had a nice ass.
>>
>>82807529
I don't think the board that actually defense BvS understand anything about movie or TV show, anon. People who really think BvS was a decent, good or medicre should killed themselves, they're basically a cancer of this world, that movie was beyond garbage and people that treat it as anything more than shit are just a bunch of moron with no brain.
>>
>>82813627
Metacritic is basically a smaller version of RT, you said Metacritic is shit means that you think RT is also shit,
>>
>>82813161
No. Nolan's trilogy is one of the most unique portrayals of the concept of heroism and justice I've seen in a superhero movie. The concept of heroism is actually discussed and shown through not only Batman, but many of the side characters. Batman is a symbol of Justice that inspires people to be heroes themselves, and this is shown by how Gotham develops from Begins to Rises. You see the police force in Begins as a corrupt organization, easily manipulated by the mob, but in Rises they go as far as to engage Banes army just to protect their city.

This is why The Joker has such a powerful presence in TDK, because he can inspire chaos and villany just as well as Batman inspires heroism and justice. The Jokers ultimate goal is to corrupt Batman into betraying his morals, and to show him how peoples values are irrelevant as they are perfectly willing to betray them given the motivation. This symbolic dispute between an idealistic hero and a nihilistic villain elevates the heroism theme of the movie beyond simple superhero stuff, like stopping a train from crashing. Not shitting on Raimis Spiderman, which does portray heroism much better than the MCU movies, which are basically just action movies with superheroes for characters.
>>
Honestly its still my GOAT superhero movies and generally one of my favorite movies. This along with Arkham Asylum as well as redisvovering my love for the animated series is what got me into comics.
>>
So, in Begins Batman "doesn't save Ras" and considering how Gordon blew up the tracks on Batman's orders with Batman providing the means to doing it too, Batman is fully responsible for Ras dying.
But in TDK under the same circumstances he chooses to save the Joker.
Why is that?
Aside from Nolan wanting to use him in 3rd movie
>>
>>82819053
Well, I do.
>>
>>82820574
For some reason in Batman Begins Bruce is a worse character at the end of the movie. That's one of the reasons I didn't like it. I have no idea what made him change later, so I would like to know too. Or maybe Nolan is just a hack who knows what normies and casuals like.
>>
>>82813049
This.
Begins was definitely way better than the Dark knight and rises.
>>
>>82804185
The thing about TDK is that it stands on its own as a singular story and not just part of a series.

BB was more of a "conventional" batman movie - very seedy Gotham, League of Shadows set up as the bad guy, etc. TDK is more of a political thriller compared to this in many respects.
>>
>>82820574
Because Joker was a public menace the entire city knew and considering one of the themes of the movie is how Batman can't fix the city and they need a normal hero like Dent, Joker needed to be brought in and be judged by the law to show the right way and send the message that the system works
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.