[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Riddle me this, Batman Why is manga better than comic books?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Riddler.jpg (14 KB, 180x274) Image search: [Google]
Riddler.jpg
14 KB, 180x274
Riddle me this, Batman

Why is manga better than comic books?
>>
>>82762980
it depends sometimes mangas can be better and easier to get into because they don't have to share an universe with other mangas like marvel and dc do with all their comics

of couse there are also good comics that don't share multiverse but they rarely get superpopular because they don't get movies and tv shows

i guess the advantage manga has is that almost all the anime on tv is based on popular manga

and here most of the cartoons we have are original ideas that go directly to tv maybe things would change if a company decided to take a bunch of little comics and started giviving them an animated series to each one
>>
>>82762980
You don't exist in manga.
>>
If you're going by Shonen, then it's because it's released more often, which (in a perfect world) allows the creative teams to safely play with all kinds of storytelling techniques without needing to worry too much about a single "filler" or non-plot-heavy chapter.

In other cases, I think the lack of color (as a whole) helps. Mangakas are handicapped in that way, but it also forces them to make the best of what they have -- facial expressions are usually more interesting and less perfunctory in manga than in Western comic books, for example. In another odd way, action sequences usually play out better in manga than in comic books -- the lack of color allows for things like motion and intensity to really stand out.

And really, in the realm of action-packed American comics, badly drawn action is a big deal. Nowadays, action in American comics is either used sparingly in comics or done with no real emphasis/focus. You rarely see characters think things through or for there to be any genuine intensity. From a readers' perspective, you can almost feel the lack of interest of both the writer and the artist in crafting these things. And again, this is such a weird/stupid mentality to have when these characters are essentially action symbols -- I mean, in a lot of cases, they're the inspiration behind manga characters' designs and action sequences.
>>
>>82762980
It usually isn't.
>>
Diversity of genre and not coloring it allows them to get more content out faster
>>
>>82762980
Because you haven't tried Eurocomics yet.
>>
File: comic books.png (907 KB, 1524x894) Image search: [Google]
comic books.png
907 KB, 1524x894
>>82762980
Is there a difference?
>>
File: tumblr_nm0xj1cm1s1urylfxo1_400.png (127 KB, 300x427) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm0xj1cm1s1urylfxo1_400.png
127 KB, 300x427
>>82762980
Manga usually allows for more creative freedom, since here in the US comics probably won't seel if they're not capeshit. Also, he lack of color usually means better art.
>>
>>82762980
Dunno Mr. Riddler, why?
>>
>>82764883
Dude, you don't admit your ignorance to the Riddler. He will kill someone
>>
>>82764193
>waiting years for that next album to drop

Nah
>>
Trick Question, it isn't
>>
File: 1404246019608.jpg (178 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1404246019608.jpg
178 KB, 650x650
>>82762980
>>
>>82764938
Fun fact:
Sometimes, Riddlers riddles are actually a setup for a joke he wants to tell.
No one ever catches on.
They try to bullshit they way out of it, guess the right answer, which kinda ruins the joke.
Those die first.
>>
>>82762980
Oh, you'd like an ass-raping, wouldn't you, Nigma? You're too proud to beg so you hide behind this hard-to-get act like the twink bitch you really are. Well tough! Batman won't even rape the goddamned Joker, and we all know that's a guy who deserves to get his Garcia Tunnel demolished! You'll just have to up your game.
>>
>>82768214

> By Batman
> Not by Two-Face

Come on.
>>
>>82762980
>implying one is better than the other
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.