[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jane FosThor Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: 1431436853463.jpg (488 KB, 1908x1912) Image search: [Google]
1431436853463.jpg
488 KB, 1908x1912
So who else thinks she's wrong for not curing her cancer with asgardian magic?
>>
>>82762667
On the one hand it's pretty BS to solve something that real people don't have much hope for outside of surgery and Chemo. I watched both my grandpa and mother die of it so i probably wouldn't like it if the writers went "Bibidi bobboidi no more cancer"

On the other hand I can appreciate that when you have a cure on hand but don't use it for "reasons" is comes across as stupid pointless drama. What they need to do is SHOW the negative consequence of using magic to cure cancer. Like using magic to save her life is a selfish act and makes her no longer worthy or something.
>>
>>82763518
Fictional stories shouldn't have to conform to your sensitivities anon. Did you get upset when Constantine got the cancer pulled from his lungs by Lucifer in his movie too?
>>
>>82763518
I'm sorry to hear that anon. I can certainly understand why it would be distasteful. /co/ had the inverse of the arugment a lot when the cancer thing was first revealed, like, "why make it seem like there is something noble about accepting cancer when most people try and fight it with everything they have?"

In any case, to answer the question, I think the hook is silly because Jane gives an answer so bad she couldn't have made it up-- she says "magic always has a cost." When that isn't true. It's bad cause she knows Thor and Odin and all those people and she has never once seen or been told that magic has a cost. Because Asgardian magic doesn't. So its Aaron basically writing something that makes 0 sense.

He wrote this story. He should've just given Jane the hammer and found some other reason to keep Thor from suspecting her. Cancer doesn't make Jane worthy. Wanting to be a hero doesn't cut it. Aaron just totally fumbled this thing from the get go. DeMattis at least worked up about a year or two before giving Thor's hammer away. There is a way to do it. Aaron did it poorly.
>>
>>82763518
Yeah well my grandparents died, and I didn't care when everyone except Uncle Ben somehow came back to life after dying. Your logic is complete bullshit and belongs only on reddit, along with shit like this: https://reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/3p680j/how_guardians_of_the_galaxy_changed_my_life/
>>
>>82763747
No because there was a consequence to that, the devil still has a chance at his sole.

Sorry i guess i thought this was a real thread and not a "let's bitch about thor" thread, there is already one of those
>>
>>82763843
So no one read past the first paragraph huh.
>>
File: 1463244589522.png (327 KB, 611x717) Image search: [Google]
1463244589522.png
327 KB, 611x717
>>82763850
>sole
>>
>>82763850
This isn't a let's bitch about thor thread anymore, it's a let's bitch about oversensitivity thread, thanks to you.
>>
>>82763892
I am not being overly sensitive, it is BS to magically cure people with no effort or consequence. Take Avatars ending, an otherwise good series that just cured the hero of his problems because he hit a rock really hard.
>>
>>82763747
he did an absurd mess to remove the cancer and the risk for the future is much worse. I'm not sure it's a good example
>>
>>82763885
I did, and had to hold back my vomit the whole time.

Now tell me, if she had a different disease, like say Multiple Sclerosis, or better yet, let's say she had a failing heart or kidney and had to get a transplant, but every time she picked up the hammer it removed all the immunosuppressants from her body that were keeping her immune system from rejecting the transplanted kidney. And that was killing her. Tissue rejection is a major complication of transplants. Would you it be as sensitive a topic? Everyone who gets a kidney transplant eventually rejects it and dies. Everyone who gets cancer eventually dies. But we're all told that cancer is the worse thing, and that people who have cancer are brave for having it.
>>
>>82763759
I agree that Aaron fucked up, he should have shown a sort of consequence for using magic to cure cancer, but just throwing away the cancer is also stupid, there should be a happy medium somewhere
>>
>>82764020
So let's magically cure Thors lost arm literally less than 5 issues before Jane Thor is introduced. Your problem isn't with using magic to cure real world problems, your problem is specifically with cancer.
>>
>>82764116
Is there a point to that rambling? becuase i couldn't find one. I assume you think i just have a problem with Cancer being magically solved so please see. >>82764020
>>
>>82764154
Her conventional treatment isnt working because of magic. I dont see why she shouldnt be able to counteract that with magic too. Or at least ask Thor how to control it so it doesnt affect her chemotherapy.

Or have Nick Fury whisper to her that shes only worthy because she's stubbornly refusing to treat her cancer with magic, and then she'll drop the hammer and She-Hulk can pick it up and be Thulk.
>>
>>82764169
No that was stupid, stop putting words in my mouth
>>
>>82764246
But in a world where she can easily cure her cancer if she outright refuses to so as not to hurt sensitive people's feelings she's stubborn and dumb and it ruins immersion. If you told someone with cancer right now in our world of Earth-1218 that they could cure themselves with magic, wouldn't they say yes? Jump at the opportunity?

Also, curing Batgirls paralysis like its nothing is okay but if its cancer its not?
>>
>>82764277
the entire storyline is stupid. Thor offered to take her to asgard and cure her cancer years ago and she refused. so now she has cancer but turning into Thor stops her treatment from working for some bullshit reason too. the entire storyline is a joke and is insulting & repulsive to people who have actually had cancer
>>
>>82764366
I did say it was stupid in the context it was presented

>Batgirls paralysis like its nothing is okay

Who the fuck said that was fine, are you arguing on some other thread too.
>>
>>82764388
My point exactly.
So how do we fix it? What should Aaron do?

Personally I'd either have someone talk sense into her about how these are special circumstances and magic should be okay now, or I'd have her die as a cautionary tale, and have some side character who she meets in the cancer ward, probably an inhuman with low level regenerative abilities that also cure her from the chemotherapy, be upfront with her doctor about her powers and have her treatment account for her healing factor. Maybe give her an anti-healing factor power dampener or something, that Thor could have very easily done if she wasn't so stubborn. Letting her keep being Thor, keep fighting cancer the normal way, and maybe add some suspense to her battles too, since she has her healing abilities dampened.
>>
>>82764557
This is all i wanted
>>
>>82762667
I think it's more wrong for her not to be attractive when she depowers or attractive when she fights. At least make her thor form look near as sickly and show reality a bit.
>>
>>82764635
Was i not suppose to find Jane hot in both forms?
>>
>>82764635
Now we enter in some strange kind of fetishes.
>>
File: thor-jane-foster-102938.png (1 MB, 600x861) Image search: [Google]
thor-jane-foster-102938.png
1 MB, 600x861
>>82764733
Jane Thor looked better in the 70s
>>
>>82764557
>Personally I'd either have someone talk sense into her
Like exactly what Sam did in ANAD Avengers where he basically called her out on it and said she wasn't being noble by refusing a cure or becoming Thor, she was just using Mjolnir to get a warrior's death and that's no better than assisted suicide.
>>
File: Allnew.jpg (309 KB, 931x369) Image search: [Google]
Allnew.jpg
309 KB, 931x369
>>82764832
She's the same, it's just that now wears a mask like was for Erik. We had a Jane Thor unmasked in All New Avengers.
>>
>>82762667

Who else thinks OP is wrong for reading such a shit comic?
>>
>>82764824
>>
>>82764965
We can also say that being a God is fucking cool and she herself admits that it's too much fun to stop.
>>
>>82763518
Real people don't have much hope for coming back from the dead but that happens to every other superhero every other week.
>>
>>82764965
Except that since Aaron didn't write it he's gonna completely disregard it like he did with God of Stories Loki, which is a whole other problem in and of itself.

I can't fathom how the writer of one of my favorite X-Men runs (WatXM v1) can be responsible for this pile of crap.

>inb4 WatXM was crap too
>>
>>82765072
Here's your (You)
>>
>>82764020
Didn't they magically cure Eddie Brock's cancer years ago and it ended up only making him more powerful via him gaining the anti-Venom symbiot?
>>
>>82765082
huh, that brings up a question, can she remove the helmet?
>>
>>82765245
She can probably magic it away if she wants. It only appears because she wants to hide her identity anyway.
>>
>>82765351
If they wanted to do the de cancer thing without it causing major but maybe make the procedure excruciatingly painful. Like Odin telling her before the treatment "it will be as if a thousand suns are exploding under you skin and all you can do is grit your teeth and take it. Although afterwards you will healthy and have a full norse beard"
>>
>>82765579
He was talking about her helmet
>>
File: 1453968701825.jpg (120 KB, 600x555) Image search: [Google]
1453968701825.jpg
120 KB, 600x555
>>82765604
Defend this.
I dare you to even try.
>>
>>82765754
That's from Angela, not Thor. Everyone knows Angela is shitty, that's why it got cancelled so quick.
>>
>>82765754
It's an edit parody, right?
>>
>>82764366

It was more of a problem that they didn't cure her paralysis but only because they kept having other characters recover from similar or worse injuries and it was just getting ridiculous.
>>
>>82765754
It's called a joke, you know that thing you do to get a laugh. It has no more meaning then that no matter how much butthurt fags want it to.
>>
>>82765150
WatXM was one of Aaron's worst books. Thor: God of Thunder, Ghost Rider, and Astonishing Spider-man and Wolverine are all great. WatXM is dogshit.
>>
>>82763759
Kappa

>>82763747
Kappa

>>82763850
Kappa
>>
>>82764154
Kappa
>>
>>82766934
>>82766966

Do you want a cucumber or something.

Personally I like Yuki-Onna more.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.