[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Max Landis' Dawn of Justice pitch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
I know Landis isn't exactly beloved around here, and I'd share in that opinion in some degree - but his pitch for a hypothetical MOS2 instead of DOJ is genuinely interesting. I'll summarise it quickly;
>After the Battle of Metropolis, Superman is extremely unpopular, and Clark Kent is tortured by the destruction and the seeming failure of his father's dream
>Landis details public perception of Superman in a way BvS did - internet perception sees Superman and Zod as one and the same, for example.
>Depressed, he decides to move back to Smallville, but must do one more interview before leaving.
>He's sent to interview Lex Luthor, initally confused as to why he, a rookie reporter, was sent.
>Lex reveals he knows Clark's identity, says they both have 'image problems'.
>Offers to sponsor/brand Superman, and help him in his quest to inspire and help humanity - but also to help repair and maintain Lexcorp facilities worldwide
>Clark immediately agrees
>As Superman finally does Superman things, everyone starts to love him. He gets interviews, positive media coverage, the public seem to forgive him for the Battle of Metropolis
>One night, Batman breaks into his apartment, and attempts to convince him that Lex is up to something. Bats tries to get Clark to work for him as a double agent to bring Luthor down and help form the Justice League, but Clark unmasks him and alerts Lex's security. However Bats escapes before they arrive - Clark doesn't give up his identity however.
>>
>Bulk of the movie is Luthor forcing Clark to capture the JL members. They are initially presented as 'scary'.
>Flash's powers are uncontrollable and presumably destructive
>Wonder Woman has a high body count
>Martian Manhunter has a monstrous form
>Green Arrow is another violent vigilante
>By the end of the second act, Clark has apprehended them all, Luthor is getting scarier, more villainous, and orders Clark to take down Batman
>Instead, Superman and Batman team up to release the Justice League and bring Luthor to justice
>They take on Luthor's drones/robots in the middle of Metropolis - the entire fight, only one JL member fights at a time, the others are being coordinated by Clark to minimise damage and save lives
>Clark pulls Lex out of his power suit, who raves about how he's destroyed the city
>Slow pan up to reveal undestroyed city
>Clark knocks Lex unconscious with a flick of his finger
>Day saved
>Justice League formed
>Doomsday not wasted

It's an interesting idea, and it keeps the repercussions from MOS at the heart of the movie, which I feel is a strong point, as well as public perception - not just a minute long montage of politicians blithering about Superman.

Link to the original video below, Landis' pitch starts around the 28 minute mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad4T7c7T1So
>>
No, it's awful.

Landis needs to stick to his quirky comedies, he's pretty bad at writing pre-established characters.
>>
>>82679742
>Clark pulls Lex out of his power suit, who raves about how he's destroyed the city
I don't get this part, why wouldn't Lex be monitoring the situation?

I still just think his pitch for a New 52 DaRoS would work great as an Earth One story, with a bit of tweaking since his pitch relied on Zod, and he's already dead.
>>
I don't want a sequel to BvS. I don't want a movie built around salvaging a train wreck, I want a movie that's at least half-way decent from the start and doesn't have a 10 ton hunk of shit clinging to it's asshole.
>>
>>82679738
Terrible,when will Landis realises that no on cares about his half-baked ideas.
>>
>>82679738
>Max Landis
He's an even bigger hack than Snyder.

Why is 4chan so interested in this talentless moron?
>>
>>82680026
he wrote two really good Superman stories
>>
>>82679738
>After the Battle of Metropolis, Superman is extremely unpopular
DROPPED
>>
>>82679738
>his pitch for a hypothetical MOS2
dude, in paper everyhting or almost everything looks interesting.
>>
>>82679738
>>82679742
It's shit.
>>
File: 1457236132667.gif (318 KB, 506x415) Image search: [Google]
1457236132667.gif
318 KB, 506x415
>>82679738
FUCK OFF LANDIS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>82679738
I liked this part, but not that >>82679742 one.
>>
File: based 4chan banner.jpg (96 KB, 791x620) Image search: [Google]
based 4chan banner.jpg
96 KB, 791x620
>>82679738
Even 4chan knows it's awful.
>>
Hating Landis is a /tv/ meme and I don't see how it's deserved considering who they laud as a grand auteur.
>>
>>82680530
>hating an obnoxious neurotical nepotist faggot is a meme
>>
>>82680583
Everything you said there applies to Snyder, but oh no, he's super kino.
>>
>>82680026
because he made some silly videos
>>
>>82680816
what the fuck is a kino?
>>
>>82681009
/tv/'s latest maymay
>>
>>82679738
Up until the last line of this part, this is SMALLVILLE.
>>
>>82680816
I wasn't defending Snyder
>>
>>82679787
>Snyder pls go
>>
>>82679738
>>Max Landis' idea for...
into the trash it goes.
>>
>>82679738
>>82679742
Legitimately a great idea for a movie.

It was incredibly important, for public perception, that a Man of Steel sequel like Dawn of Justice focus on how Superman succeeds where previously he failed: no innocent bystanders are harmed in the events of the movie, minimal collateral damage. Not a single superhero kills a single person. Not in *this* movie. Not in the movie directly following up the battle for Metropolis/Earth and the fight with Zod and his Kryptonian soldiers.

To end up doing otherwise was a fatal mistake.
>>
>>82679738
Here's a better Superman pitch by Landis
https://sendvid.com/6jtrxqk9
>>
>>82679738
Reading bump
>>
>>82679738
>>82679742
It's not good, Snyder probably would have still screwed it up, and it still feels like it suffers from IM2 syndrome. With that said, it does sound better than what we got, and following up on MoS in an organic manner doesn't lend itself to creating anything exceptional.
>>
>>82680026
I've only seen a few of his videos, why does /co/ hate him?
>>
>>82679738
Liked it up to the whole Justice League part. Not really sure it would be a great idea to squeeze in every single major character in such a small face.
>>
>>82683985
>IM2 syndrome
had no idea that was a phrase. allow me to look it up. nope, didn't find anything on it. guessing you made it up, and didn't explain to anyone what the fuck that means, making it really hard to understand what you're talking about.
>>
>>82684079
>muh Superman must be virgin until Lois Lane deflower him
>muh Superman can't burn people's arms off
>>
>>82679738
>>Lex reveals he knows Clark's identity, says they both have 'image problems'.
>>Offers to sponsor/brand Superman, and help him in his quest to inspire and help humanity - but also to help repair and maintain Lexcorp facilities worldwide
>>Clark immediately agrees

It's like a snowball effect of horrible after this point.
>>
>>82679936

Lex usually conflates himself with Metropolis, so if he's being shit on Metropolis is too, and if he's doing well obviously the city is as well.
>>
File: madrox.jpg (106 KB, 293x289) Image search: [Google]
madrox.jpg
106 KB, 293x289
>>82679738

How does Max Landis have a screenwriting career when everything he writes is complete dogshit?
>>
>>82680026
You know I'd agree with you if American Alien wasn't actually pretty good.
>>
>>82679738

I've been wondering this ever since I went to see the movie, but how did Lex Luthor find out Clark Kent is Superman? Or that Bruce Wayne is Batman? How? Where?
>>
Not really clear on why Lex flips out in a powersuit
>>
>>82679738
I like American Alien and Chronicle. His Justice League pitch is awful. I'm sure some other writers even comic book writers could come out with a better story that can be adapted into a film.
>>
>>82684079
See >>82682151
>>
>>82684969
Tie in comics to DoJ show that Lex has been spying on both of them.

New 52 Lex manages to figure out Bruce is Batman but still refuses that Clark Kent is Superman
>>
>>82687158
>Tie in comics to DoJ show that Lex has been spying on both of them.

Maybe keeping tabs on a multi-millionaire is a valid idea, but...why spy on a reporter writing sports coverages?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.